INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Knives

+5
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
hockables
brigitte
mrum
9 posters

Go down

Knives Empty Knives

Post by mrum Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:22 pm

I bought my wife an Ojeda chefs knife at the feria in Chapala. She likes it so much we would like to buy some others. Is there a store locally that carries his knives?
mrum
mrum
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Collingwood, Ontario in the summer, anywhere else in the winter
Humor : John Candy, George Carlin, MacKenzie Brothers

Back to top Go down

Knives Empty Re: Knives

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:35 pm

No, but they are usually at the Chili Cook Off in February.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:42 pm

Just go to their store in sayula if you have a car. It is a nice drive. The town has a nice square and it is fun to walk around.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:49 pm

as a knife person,i must say that his kitchen knives cannot compare to the german knives i have. one must use the steel every time you use it but they are pretty.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:04 pm

brigitte wrote:Just go to their store in sayula if you have a car. It is a nice drive. The town has a nice square and it is fun to walk around.

If you go... there is a hotel just south of their shop... that puts on the best Sunday Brunch in all of Mexico Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:19 pm

Yes and it is a pretty old mansion as well.
You also have brothers who make very nice mesquite furniture . It is fun to visit their plant and see their showroom.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:33 pm

brigitte wrote:Yes and it is a pretty old mansion as well.
You also have brothers who make very nice mesquite furniture . It is fun to visit their plant and see their showroom.

alas.... if you go Sunday the factory isn't open... but the retail shop is... and then there is that Brunch Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:45 am

brigitte wrote:Just go to their store in sayula if you have a car. It is a nice drive. The town has a nice square and it is fun to walk around.

Yep fun trip. Downtown restaurant is good also after visiting the factory and the retail shop which are around the corner from each other. I am sure better knives are available around the world BUT for the cost we like them very very much. They come to town twice a year and will sharpen so maintenance is easy for us here.  I would rather the money stay in Mexico than go overseas which is where the better knives are.  The factory is a historical site in my opinion.  Nice little blue healer dog(??) sleeps while all the metal working is going on in the factory. Pearing knives are a great gift to take north with you and you can carry in your check in luggage.  Beautiful belt knives with sheaths for not much money at all. Nice cheese cutter is one of the newer products. They also will fabricate stuff in metal for you. People order custom tools and medical equipment from these folks. Easy drive. We take all visitors to visit.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by mrum Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:05 am

Thanks for all the info. We don't have a car here, so going there isn't really an option, however if anyone is going and has room for a couple of hitchhikers, we'd pay the gas. We will hope they show at the chilli cookoff. As far as quality, the knife is as good as our Henkels back home. Hasn't needed sharpening and we use it a lot. We thought we'd put together a travel kit of these, as good knives seem to be an issue no matter where we rent.
mrum
mrum
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Collingwood, Ontario in the summer, anywhere else in the winter
Humor : John Candy, George Carlin, MacKenzie Brothers

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:07 am

I also have a set that I bought at the Chili Cook-Off two years ago. I am very happy with them. My only complaint is the handles are too skinny however it may just be the style we bought.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:43 am

I bought a paring knife at the Feria and I love it! The handle might be small for guy hands but it is great for mine. I look forward to buying a couple more knives at the Chili Cook Off.
Mrum, you are wise to put together a kit of good knives. You are unlikely to find any in rentals. If the landlord ever bought good knives they long ago moved off with a departing tenant to be replaced by the usual cheap and dull ones.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:07 pm

They're always at the Chili Cookoff. I have a set of their steak knives, they's superb.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:43 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:  Beautiful belt knives with sheaths for not much money at all.
Z
In Sayula they also make a dagger type knife that's concealed in a belt buckle.
What are the laws here are regarding carrying pocket knives or Buck type knives on your belt?

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedro Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:56 pm

viajero wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:  Beautiful belt knives with sheaths for not much money at all.
Z
What are the laws here are regarding carrying pocket knives or Buck type knives on your belt?
me and some of my friends have done so including hunting knives with no problema from policia. as a matter of fact one can buy switchblades and telescoping police batons at the gdl sunday tianguis. some of my biker friends have whips hanging from their handlebars too.
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sun Jan 04, 2015 1:07 pm

Pedro wrote:
viajero wrote:
Z
me and some of my friends have done so including hunting knives with no problema from policia. as a matter of fact one can buy switchblades and telescoping police batons at the gdl sunday tianguis. some of my biker friends have whips hanging from their handlebars too.
You can probably buy hand grenades at the Sunday barratillo too,but that doesn't make them legal.
Maybe it's different in Chapala,I can't remember ever seeing anyone wearing a hunting knife on their belt in Guadalajara.

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:12 am

viajero wrote:
Z

I asked a local cop about this and he held the sheath hunting knife across my hand and said fine as long as the blade wasn't wider than my hand.  I don't have much faith in this answer.  Anybody know a cop and can ask?   We probably should know.  I would like to public carry my small hunting knife on my belt if possible but won't til I know more about the law.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:23 am

Ask Spencer, the cops here don't know much.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Jan 05, 2015 8:45 am

4 inch blade (metric equivalent) is what I heard although like most laws in Mexico is "subject to interpretation".
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down