INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LCS Children's Art Program

2 posters

Go down

LCS Children's Art Program Empty LCS Children's Art Program

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jan 06, 2015 8:44 am

Might anyone know the budget for this creative and fun program?
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

LCS Children's Art Program Empty Re: LCS Children's Art Program

Post by gringal Tue Jan 06, 2015 11:58 am

oncesubtle wrote:Might anyone know the budget for this creative and fun program?

There may be other sources, but their "budget" is largely funded by the Ajijic Society of Art contributions, which have been increased in the last few years by the annual "Open Studios" event in February.  The Passports to the event are going on sale at the Lake Chapala Society sales tables for 50 pesos each from now until Feb. 6th from 10-2 every day but Sunday.  This year the event is on February 7th and 8th.  I believe 68 artists are showing at 19 locations.  Last year they were able to contribute over 13,000 pesos to the program and they were able to have a summer Art Camp at LCS.  Many people volunteered and the kids were able to sell their work at the end, which was very exciting for them.

We all hope you will:  buy a Passport, have an interesting weekend, talk to the local artists and see their work, watch demonstrations, and contribute to a good cause for the kids, too.  "Passports" are also being sold at Diane Pearl's on Ocampo and Maria di Paolo's place on Colon.

Maps to the various locations as well as photos of all the artists' work are inside the Passports.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:55 pm

I'll second the Passport suggestion. We always look forward to the Open Studios event as they are always fun, interesting and you get to see inside some lavishly decorated homes. Come to think of it I'd have to say it is one of Ajijic's top must do's.

And thanks for the funding information. Some friends are considering doing a fun raiser for the kids art program and want to know where the budget shortfalls are and what supplies are needed.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jan 06, 2015 1:51 pm

oncesubtle wrote:I'll second the Passport suggestion. We always look forward to the Open Studios event as they are always fun, interesting and you get to see inside some lavishly decorated homes. Come to think of it I'd have to say it is one of Ajijic's top must do's.

And thanks for the funding information. Some friends are considering doing a fun raiser for the kids art program and want to know where the budget shortfalls are and what supplies are needed.  

The person to talk to is Danielle, who is in charge of such things.  She's usually over at the location in the back where they hold the classes every Saturday and she will be GLAD to tell you what they can use.  The smiles on those kids' faces are all the reward we need. You can ask Danielle, but I think they all get served snacks during the morning, too.

Some of our famous muralists, fine artists, and teachers in town, got their first art instruction under Neill James at the Children's art program as children.  Most of the kids couldn't afford to learn otherwise.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down