INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

+12
Lady Otter Latté
MexicoPete
brigitte
slainte39
solajijic
gringomojado
Rosa Venus
CanuckBob
zenwoodle
viajero
Ms.Thang
Clueless
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or - Page 2 Empty Re: When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

Post by slainte39 Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:06 pm

Pedro wrote:i use the term "cdn as in $1 cdn.

I'll tell the local banks they're doing it wrong.   lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or - Page 2 Empty Re: When will people understand WE ARE IN MEXICO, not Canada, Cayman Islands or

Post by Pedro Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:13 pm

never said they do it wrong,merely said what i do
Pedro
Pedro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kb9gzg Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:48 am

Always get a chuckle when reading Inside Lakeside.
Beer
kb9gzg
kb9gzg
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:44 am

We do aim to entertain..........

Beer
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hueco_negro Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am

The other convention in spanish for writing currency amounts is to switch the period and comma so if 1500 pesos is written as $1.500,00 then there would be no problem.
hueco_negro
hueco_negro
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:18 am

hueco_negro wrote:The other convention in spanish for writing currency amounts is to switch the period and comma so if 1500 pesos is written as $1.500,00 then there would be no problem.

Then to seal the deal, add the date, as the peso amount will have the day first, month second....dollar amount, month first, day second.

Are there any other ways we can make this more simple and confusing at the same time.  lol! Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:25 am

Well I think putting MXN, CAD or USD would be simple enough.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Thu Feb 12, 2015 12:24 pm

Originally, the sign for the US dollar was an S with the U superimposed. Then, it became just two sides of the U or || over the S.
Then came machine printing and all that ink squeezed into a tiny space created occasional problems. A line was dropped and here we are

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:56 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:Originally, the sign for the US dollar was an S with the U superimposed. Then, it became just two sides of the U or || over the S.
Then came machine printing and all that ink squeezed into a tiny space created occasional problems. A line was dropped and here we are

RV....you are the only person on this board old enough to remember that U business.  Very Happy

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:30 am

......and I also remember when the dollar was backed by silver (previously it was gold backed), and you could actually trade them in for silver. Many of our coins still contained silver until the 1960s. Now, US currency has no real value any more.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:45 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:......and I also remember when the dollar was backed by silver (previously it was gold backed), and you could actually trade them in for silver. Many of our coins still contained silver until the 1960s.  Now, US currency has no real value any more.

.....except when your hungry... and then the Americans go to the grocery store and trade it for food. lol!

Silver is difficult to eat.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:56 pm

True, but I wish I had bags of pre-1964 silver Dimes, which can be traded for up to several dollars each coin. Even poor quality ones will bring $1.35 each. Then you go to the grocery store.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:07 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:True, but I wish I had bags of pre-1964 silver Dimes, which can be traded for up to several dollars each coin. Even poor quality ones will bring $1.35 each. Then you go to the grocery store.

Not with my appetite......or impatient thirst.   Beer

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2