INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic

+7
JayBear
dealerdave
joyfull
slainte39
CanuckBob
elgringo
Andreana
11 posters

Go down

Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic Empty Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic

Post by Andreana Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:12 am

Within the next months I will move permanent to the Chapala area. My arrival time at the airport will be around 10.30 pm. I expect, that I will leave the airport around midnight after all controls. So my question is, is it save to drive at that time directly to La Floresta or is it better to take a hotel in GDL and come the next morning?
Thanks in advance for your reply.

Andreana

Humor : dry

Back to top Go down

Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic Empty Re: Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic

Post by elgringo Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:19 am

I personally would not worry about driving here from the airport at that time of night. There is still plenty of traffic
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic Empty Re: Taxi at midnight from airport GDL to Ajijic

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:44 am

I have taken a taxi and driven my own vehicle from Guadalajara to Chapala after midnight on many occasions. There shouldn't be any problems. You may want to get some driving directions written in Spanish to give to the taxi driver as many of them do not speak any English.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Andreana Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:18 am

Thanks for the info. It calms me down. I was a bit worried about driving at nighttime with all my luggage. With the taxidriver it would not be problem, I do speak Spanish.

Andreana

Humor : dry

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Apr 30, 2015 9:21 am

Perfect. Then as long as you know how to get there it won't be a problem at all.

Safe travels.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:34 am

Andreana wrote:Thanks for the info. It calms me down. I was a bit worried about driving at nighttime with all my luggage. With the taxidriver it would not be  problem, I do speak Spanish.

I drive from Guad. after midnight at least once a week and have never even thought about a problem, except the speeding cameras or limiting the amount of alcohol you consume prior to driving. as the federal highway patrol doesn't like cars that swerve across lane lines.
Slow down and drive careful around the La Barca/Ocotlan turn off, as that is where the patrol cars hang out (burrito place) having their meals and coffee.
A lot of airport taxi drivers don't have a clue about Chapala so a map or knowledge of how to direct them could be helpful.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by joyfull Fri May 01, 2015 2:50 pm

Email Francisco Miramontes with your flight information. They are local in Lakeside and will pick you up anytime day or night. Francisco and his sons are extremely reliable. We have used their services for 6 years. They will hold up a sign with your name. They also speak English and know Chapala. I am sure others on this board will vouch for them.
miramontes-transfer@hotmail.com
joyfull
joyfull
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lovingly sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by dealerdave Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:48 pm

In the last while I have found a reliable fellow who is available anytime for trips to and from the airport and to and from Guadalajara.  Been a bit turned off other drivers who have raised their prices but his price is reasonable.  He has a nice hybrid vehicle and speaks Spanish and English fluently.

Sesar Arias  333-959-0825

dealerdave

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:21 pm

Miramontes is my choice. I like a sure thing, especially when arriving late. They will wait for you if the plane is delayed.

Had a bad experience with just walking out the airport doors and getting into a cab--nice driver but had been working too long, I suspect, and he almost swerved into oncoming traffic after nodding off at the wheel. So, go Miramontes. They also know the town and will not need much in the way of directions.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:16 pm

joyfull wrote:Email Francisco Miramontes with your flight information. They are local in Lakeside and will pick you up anytime day or night. Francisco and his sons are extremely reliable. We have used their services for 6 years. They will hold up a sign with your name. They also speak English and know Chapala. I am sure others on this board will vouch for them.
miramontes-transfer@hotmail.com

Vouch, times three.  Always there on time, always helpful: vehicles kept in good repair.  Have used them for trips to the hospital de Hierro for eye surgeries and the driver was helpful when a little translation was needed at the bill pay station.
I have the cell phone number of (045) 333 157 8060 for Francisco.  Couldn't find a nicer family to deal with. Thumbs up

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:27 pm

Dealerdave, when you finish resurrecting every old transportation post on this and TOB and get tired of using every current thread to plug in your canned promotion for a driver no one else but you is recommending, you might want to pay for advertising on this board's banner ads. I am already tired of seeing you post the same thing word for word over and over and it has been just a few days that you are doing this.
Get some other people to recommend the driver or mix up the wording of your posts. Repeated posts by the same person over and over does nothing to convince me this is someone I want to use.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by dealerdave Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:32 pm

I was simply trying to help a Mexican friend who is out of work and trying to support his family. I'm sorry if you're tired of seeing three posts, not "every thread." Maybe you need to inquire about people's motives before going off on them.

dealerdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:00 pm

I have seen your exact same post more than three times on this and TOB, the exact same post word-for-word. Stop being critical of the other drivers. Use each post to tell something more about your friend's service and why people should use him. Get other people to recommend him so he is being recommended by someone other than just you. Your motives are not what matters. It matters how effective your method is. Placing posts as ads is not effective on webboards where people come for personal recommendations.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dealerdave Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:26 pm

It is a personal recommendation and when others use him (if they want) they can recommend him as well. It isn't an "ad," it is a simple recommendation in which I said he was reliable and what type of vehicle he uses. If people want more information they can call him and inquire. If you don't think it's effective then you are certainly entitled to your opinion, I'm just trying to be helpful.

dealerdave

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:32 pm

Okay. Best of luck to your friend.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:10 pm

Make sure your driver isnt a nearly blind old man so he can see the loose, dark colored livestock in the middle of the dark road at night
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Sun Mar 20, 2016 2:34 pm

I take the airport taxi to Chapala frequently and I have no complaints except the last couple of times my driver has had to stop at the Pemex to fill her up and check the oil 5 minutes after I get in the car. I swear, the next time I will ask if they have fuel before I get in the car.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down