INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Restaurant Gaucho Tequila

+5
Lady Otter Latté
slainte39
CanuckBob
WillieRae
sm1mex
9 posters

Go down

New Restaurant Gaucho Tequila Empty New Restaurant Gaucho Tequila

Post by sm1mex Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:31 pm

New Argentinian restaurant next to Tio Sams on the libramiento.  Ate there today.  It is a keeper.  Several people in there eating.  Cooks their steaks on a real wood fire.  Lovely decor.  Look for the agave planters in front of the restaurant.  Good parking.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

New Restaurant Gaucho Tequila Empty Re: New Restaurant Gaucho Tequila

Post by WillieRae Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:19 pm

Four of us had lunch there today.....excellent food all the way around! Service quite attentive. Very fair pricing.

WillieRae
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:57 pm

I was wondering how this new place was. We'll have to check it out. Thanks for the reviews.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:33 pm

It was very nice. I had a Philly steak sandwich but it didn't have that cheese whiz gook on it. It has a white melted cheese and onions. I could only eat half of it. Now when we have the car washed, we have another option where to eat !

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:21 pm

sm1mex wrote:New Argentinian restaurant next to Tio Sams on the libramiento.  Ate there today.  It is a keeper.  Several people in there eating.  Cooks their steaks on a real wood fire.  Lovely decor.  Look for the agave planters in front of the restaurant.  Good parking.

"It is a keeper"
Most definitely, and agree with your other comments. 
I had been told that it was a new location for an existing operation with several locations in Guad., like La Estancia Gaucha.  But it turns out to be a new location for a "chain" that has restaurants in Cancun and GTO.
They will be expanding their menu in the future, as for now they only have 3 or 4 cuts of beef on their steak menu, but what they have is high quality and well prepared, wood fire as noted above. There's a good selection of tortas (sandwiches, Mexican style), and other items.  The black beans are a real treat, and definitely South American style, (if you like black beans).
They are also clearing and finishing off the lot directly to the east for more and probably adequate parking, which will give them a real leg up on Tango.
In the Argentine restaurant competition, whoever scoped this out, put some real thought into how to compete with Tango, and capitalize on their weakness.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Thanks everyone. I am having lunch with a friend next week and she said she wanted to try someplace different. You just solved my problem of where to suggest!
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:11 pm

slainte39 wrote:
sm1mex wrote:New Argentinian restaurant next to Tio Sams on the libramiento.  Ate there today.  It is a keeper.  Several people in there eating.  Cooks their steaks on a real wood fire.  Lovely decor.  Look for the agave planters in front of the restaurant.  Good parking.

"It is a keeper"
Most definitely, and agree with your other comments. 
I had been told that it was a new location for an existing operation with several locations in Guad., like La Estancia Gaucha.  But it turns out to be a new location for a "chain" that has restaurants in Cancun and GTO.
They will be expanding their menu in the future, as for now they only have 3 or 4 cuts of beef on their steak menu, but what they have is high quality and well prepared, wood fire as noted above. There's a good selection of tortas (sandwiches, Mexican style), and other items.  The black beans are a real treat, and definitely South American style, (if you like black beans).
They are also clearing and finishing off the lot directly to the east for more and probably adequate parking, which will give them a real leg up on Tango.
In the Argentine restaurant competition, whoever scoped this out, put some real thought into how to compete with Tango, and capitalize on their weakness.

slainte39, the lot next door to Gaucho Tequila has nothing to do with them or anyone else in the plaza. I have been told by several people, including the workers on the lot, that it is going to be a multi-storey hotel with parking on the bottom level, then rooms above. Not sure how many floors it will be, but I don't think it's a good idea for such a narrow lot as this!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:39 am

Boy, you are right about that.  The lot could probably support about 2 rows of cars for parking. 
Depending on high they go, I don't know whether I want to be sitting next door or not. lol!

If so, still better parking than Tango.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:20 pm

I was driving past it today on other business and stopped to have a look at the menu. Place looks nice….and it sure smelled good in there. Limited menu at this point, but that's a virtue in my book. I'll be eating there soon.
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:38 pm

Rosa Venus wrote:I was driving past it today on other business and stopped to have a look at the menu. Place looks nice….and it sure smelled good in there. Limited menu at this point, but that's a virtue in my book. I'll be eating there soon.

Had dinner there; table of five. Overwhelming road noise: all doors open; hot inside.

Nice service, and delicious philly cheese sandwich. Steak.....meh. Chicken plate....meh.

Good stopover for the Guadalajara crowd.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:49 pm

Well, I've eaten there three times this week, and every meal was delicious! Steaks were cooked to perfection, love their garlic bread and sauces. I personally haven't had the chicken yet, but a couple of friends told me that their chicken was moist and tender!

As far as how hot it is inside the restaurant, that will soon change. They will be installing ceiling fans. And I haven't had any issue with the road noise, even sitting out on the patio. Occasionally, a loud dump truck will go by, but most of the car noise is minimal, compared with any other restaurants with outdoor patios!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:22 pm

Had lunch there today; Philly sandwich, Chicken sandwich, fries, Margarita = 208 Pesos. Food and service were both superb. Menu includes many tasty looking things. I loved it and will be back.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:42 pm

My partner and I sat inside and we didn't notice any road noise or excess heat as there seemed to be good air circulation. 
Two tenderloin steak dinners were high quality meat cooked to perfection, and I don't know where you could get a better steak of that cut around here.
Two different sets of friends were there at the same time and both had high praise for their meals which included Philly steak sandwiches at both tables.
This place certainly jumped up in our personal poll of favorite places, if they don't fall backwards.
They may get Tapatios on the weekend but I'll bet they get a good crowd of expat locals and Mexicans during the week.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Aug 21, 2015 9:13 am

And the snow birds will be coming back soon. !! More business for them.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:55 am

Eight of us went there for dinner last night. The steak was amazing. Everyone loved it. The place was packed and I heard people at the other tables raving about their meals. Tango's better look out.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:45 am

I agree. Tango's portions smaller and smaller and prices bigger and bigger.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:57 am

It is just too bad that the Gaucho Tequila premises isn't larger because if they have to turn away people too often it could be detrimental long term. Reservations aren't required but definitely recommended.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:43 am

Well you know how it is with a new place. It will level out in the future and there should be plenty of space. There are lots of restaurants to choose from and most of them are good.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:14 am

CanuckBob wrote:Eight of us went there for dinner last night. The steak was amazing. Everyone loved it. The place was packed and I heard people at the other tables raving about their meals. Tango's better look out.

Couldn't agree more and the parking, though not great, is sure better than at Tango.  Meat quality is as good as, or better, than Tango.
Local people seem to be giving it a good try and are so far liking it.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down