INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Telecable Service Outage

Go down

Telecable Service Outage Empty Telecable Service Outage

Post by spacedebris Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:55 pm

Is anybody else experiencing a Telecable service outage? I'm just east of six corners and video and Internet both went out earlier this afternoon. I tried calling but no one is picking up at the office. That suggests to me that this may be a fairly large outage and they know about it. Then again, it could be meaningless... I also sent an email from their contacts page.

spacedebris

Back to top Go down

Telecable Service Outage Empty Re: Telecable Service Outage

Post by spacedebris Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:46 pm

A quick update with a good result. I couldn't get through to Telecable on the phone so I sent an email using the contact form on the Telecable web page. I assumed it was just a futile gesture and I would just have to wait until someone noticed that the connection was not working. Well, I was wrong. Not long after I sent the email, I received an email from tech support asking me to turn the modem off and then on again (completed when I first noticed the outage but done again just for the sake of it). Further, the email asked for my account details and a more detailed description of the problem. All of this was included in the original email but I dutifully rewrote the requested information. There aren't a lot of ways to describe a service outage. But I tried. I was also effusively polite by US standards, I'm learning to not be so bruto. I don't know if it was coincidence or with the technicians help but about 15 minutes after sending the email, my service was restored. Ah, success.

spacedebris

Back to top Go down