INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico

4 posters

Go down

Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico Empty Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico

Post by simpsca Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:21 am

A friend just sent this to me to - said it happened to her neighbors who returned to the US and happened on the US side of the border.

"We wanted to tell you about the horrific experience we had at the Roma TX
border-
HOMEGROWN TERRORISTS
There is a crack command of border agents in Roma, Texas that are highly trained
to subdue any terrorist activity on American soil, a team effort of 14 who
practiced their guerrilla warfare on a law abiding 72 year old American senior
citizen. My Husband and I have traveled to our vacation home in Mexico for forty
years, always crossing the border at Roma , Texas . On the night of Tuesday
March 8th we crossed over into our safe haven once again. We had left Lake
Chapala area at 6:00 am that morning. Around Monterrey , Mexico we experienced
overheating on our vehicle which detained us for about an hour. It was dark as
we exited the toll road going north to Miguel Aleman and finally home to America
. We were the only vehicle going north and we were certainly well aware of the
cartel shootings and gang wars. We became even more frightened when traffic came
from the other direction.

We got to the check point at Cuidad Meir where the military told us it was even
more dangerous in Miguel Aleman. We hurried north, turned in our Mexican Visa as
required without incidence. Finally, we crossed the river and proceeded to get
inspected by the American border patrol. There was little traffic waiting to be
inspected, however, all lines except one had red lights. We proceeded up the
ramp that had the green light on. Half way up the ramp we saw the sign that
indicated that this was a bus and ambulance lane so we stopped the vehicle.

Two agents began yelling and flickering flashlights at us. My husband got out of
the vehicle as an agent with an automatic rifle came running down to us. My
husband tried to explain that we were just following the green lighted lane.
They ordered him to get back in the vehicle, when he turned to open the car
door; two agents came up behind him and forced him to the ground. Twelve more
agents came running down the ramp. I was told not to get out of the vehicle but
I told them I was getting out to be a witness to the cruelty they were
inflicting on my husband. They proceeded to roll him on his abdomen and forced
his arms behind his back and handcuffed him. He did not resist. I told them that
he had just had surgery on Jan. 18th and they had no right to be this cruel to
him. "We are American citizens and have been coming through this port for forty
years". Their comment "We are American citizens too, and you should have known
this was a bus and ambulance lane. We tried to explain that we were only going
to the green lighted lane and we stopped when we realized it was a restrictive
lane. They grabbed my husband and tried to get him in a standing position from a
prone position with his arms pulled back behind him and tightly handcuffed. My
husband told them they were hurting him to no avail. They then took him into a
cell to search him. They had me go to a separate area to wait and refused to
tell me where he was. Finally they brought him out and they instructed us to go
to our vehicle and wait to be searched. The agent who was apparently in charge
in a very condescending way told us he was the last person we could talk to
about this issue. I told him that nothing he could say would justify what they
did to us and we did not care to talk to him at this point when they didn't want
us to voice our opinion before the takedown and handcuffing incident. One
officer said "we didn't know what we were getting into" I said "neither did we."
These are thugs- terrorists hiding behind a badge and protected by our
government. We are appalled and incensed.

We want the American public to be aware of this travesty and realize that until
you commit a crime- you have no rights. We are very reluctant to return to our
home in Mexico because of the abuse inflicted upon us as we returned to our home
country."
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico Empty Re: Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico

Post by Carry Bean Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:34 am

Geeze, they sound like disgruntled TSA agents. I hope your friends are notifying the media & their Congress person.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico Empty Re: Problems on the US side of the border with Mexico

Post by simpsca Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:28 am

Carrie Bean Check out Chapala.com where I also posted this and one of the members posted a similar incident on returning the the US with her aged father who passed away.

I have encountered hostility from some immigration officers when I returned to the US from Mexico via plane. In Atlanta they detained me in a room without telling me why for over an hour and shouted questions at me. After they let me go to catch my next flight they never told me why they detained me - but I got out of that office as fast as I could and never went through Atlanta again. I also encountered hostility coming in through Arizona immigration when he asked how long I was in Mexico and why I was there. Then he said why would you want to live in Mexico, he marked my customs card for a complete search. It took about an hour and almost missed that connecting flight but the customs agent was polite to me.

So now I always say I'm retired and I was visiting friends in Mexico. I don't admit I live here.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:08 pm

That's horribly scary...but also very sad.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm shocked at some of the posts on Chapala.com and how people are bring treated upon either driving or flying into the US. A whole bunch of people posted their horrific experiences. I'm shocked it's that many. Sounds like it is safer to stay put here in Mexico than return to or go through the US. I am outraged (putting this mildly) that this is happening in the US.

simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:28 pm

OK being a supporter of free speech, here are the other complaints I got on my thread on Chapala.com before it was vaporized - most of them are people I know or friends:

I, too, have been mistreated on multiple occasions by the "fine" ICE agents both at the land border between the U.S. and Mexico and at ports of entry via air in Dallas, Houston and Atlanta. You are presumed guilty/terrorist/ill-meaning by these people and treated accordingly. Nothing you say matters, you just have to throw your hands up and smile while they rough you up, handcuff you, search your belongings, etc. You are not permitted to explain or ask any questions. You're told to "shut up" and "wait" while they have their way with you and your belongings. Even in the Atlanta airport terminal, my elderly Dad while waiting for my arrival was roughed up by Agents simply because he asked one of them where the men's restroom was. He remained angry, hurt and disappointed for the remaining 3 years of his life remembering how his government agents treated him. He's always been a patriotic American but this treatment really shook him to the core.

These power mongers are way out of control and it doesn't look like anything is going to change in the near future. I am so sorry for the rough treatment these elderly people received. I am under 50 and although I resent the Hell out of it, I can at least tolerate the rough physical and emotional nature of their behavior a little more easily and without physical injury more so than these poor people can. It's really out of control.

"I've been through that expeience with the border patrol. Put in detention, and don't ask any questions or else. They seem to take some delight in harassing older Americans". (this is my friend Jack)

My wife is Mexican and I have a ponytail we are always hasseled. I call them border nazis. Once refused, a long story but, the agent left my wife in tears. I waited till the next day and crossed at another crossing. (I know this couple really well - she is a nurse and provided nursing care when Roy was in the hospital).

I'm saddened by the Police State my former country has become. I even see it once I'm inside the border. This time last year, I was subjected to something called "Rolling Thunder" on Hwy. 96 in Central GA. My sister and I were returning from the hospital where our mother was in the CICU unit. It was a Thursday evening around 11 pm. The entire exit off of Interstate 75 was lighted so brightly that it looked like daylight. She was driving the car in front of me and I followed her turning right off of the exit. From an initial count, there were more than 35 police cars/vans/SUV's positioned all over the entrance/exit ramps as well as along Hwy. 96. She and I were both motioned to pull over and questioned about our origination, destination and had to hand over our licenses, registration and insurance information. We were told to stay in our cars while these heavily armed men "checked" for our information in the computers (kinda like "papers, please). There was no probable cause of anything....Just pure harassment. It took about 10 minutes and we were waved on through. We were both enraged but dared not to say a word knowing the next step would be the back of a police car, a possible body cavity search, a trip to the station only to be released without charge several hours later.

It's just shameful and sad to see what has happened to my native country. I'm so happy I live in Mexico now..

Last edited by simpsca on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Rolly Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:48 pm

It's been several years since I last visited the USA. I don't plan to go back again, ever.
Rolly
Rolly
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Weird

http://rollybrook.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down