INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside?

+3
Playaboy
hockables
Milena
7 posters

Go down

Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside? Empty Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside?

Post by Milena Fri Oct 09, 2015 11:57 am

Driving down for November arrival... it has been several years since last time by car. Can anyone give me at least a ballpark figure on latest costs for both gas and tolls between Nogales border crossing and Lakeside? Need to get a whack of pesos to have on hand. Gracias!

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic, hedonistic British wit.

Back to top Go down

Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside? Empty Re: Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside?

Post by hockables Fri Oct 09, 2015 12:56 pm

Just did Laredo to home.... bout $1000 pesos in Tolls ... nearly $1000 pesos in Gas...

You still driving that Jeep? Double the Fuel... lol Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside? Empty Re: Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside?

Post by Milena Fri Oct 09, 2015 2:18 pm

hockables wrote:Just did Laredo to home.... bout $1000 pesos in Tolls ... nearly $1000 pesos in Gas...

You still driving that Jeep?   Double the Fuel...  lol       Beer

Thanks, R & C, but I am coming through Nogales, not Laredo, much longer and more costly I understand. No, 4Runner sold, I bought a Jalisco-plated Honda Pilot since I am now Permanente (funny how that happened when I have been out of the country for 3 of the 5 years!)

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:10 pm

About 1400 peso in tolls. Gas depend on your car and foot.

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Fri Oct 09, 2015 4:46 pm

Playaboy wrote:About 1400 peso in tolls.  Gas depend on your car and foot.

Okay, assuming driving a pick-up pulling a small trailer, well & fully loaded. Foot tends to get stuck near floor position but not enough to warrant police action.
Just need to know how many pesos to carry since I am assuming credit cards are still unheard of at Pemex stations, and I avoid using ATM's at all costs.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:10 pm

Is your trailer single or dual axle? You should plan on at least 2500-3000 pesos for tolls. Plus petrol maybe double a single vehicle. Most Pemex take credit cards now.....still risky to use though. Plus budget for hotel....one or two nights.

Have a safe trip.

Jim W
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Milena Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:50 pm

Jim W wrote:Is your trailer single or dual axle?  You should plan on at least 2500-3000 pesos for tolls.  Plus petrol maybe double a single vehicle.   Most Pemex take credit cards now.....still risky to use though.   Plus budget for hotel....one or two nights.

Have a safe trip.

Jim W

Single axle, just a 5X8 not even 6ft high inside. Do they charge extra for a small trailer (this thing could almost qualify as a toy). Would never use a CC at a gas station there- just asking for trouble. Hell, I had a Walmart clerk tell me the system was down was as she made a carbon rubbing of my card.... last time I used that there.

My understanding is it is 2 nights lodging anticpated coming from Nogales and driving 8 hr days, correct? And does anyone who has made the trip recently have any other comments, road reports, etc? I seem to recall that years ago, portions of the highway just suddenly faded to nothing and we and a line of vehicles were suddenly just driving along in the sand and had to do a U-turn to try to find where the road disappeared... like a scene out of the Twilight Zone.

Milena
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Oct 10, 2015 7:04 am

$1583 in tolls + Over $2,000 in gas. Here is your link for each toll and gas so you can have your money ready for the tolls:

http://app.sct.gob.mx/sibuac_internet/ControllerUI?action=cmdSolRutas
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Current costs for gas and tolls- Nogales to Lakeside? Empty Cost of Gas /Tolls

Post by rvanparys Sat Oct 24, 2015 7:16 pm

We just arrived this week:
Cost of gas: 2070 Pesos
Cost of Tolls: 1607

Crossing border was a breeze with no inspections. Immigration took 10 minutes and registering the car (20 KM further down the road) around 15 minutes... All in all an excellent trip considering we had a 90 lb Old English Sheepdog and 40 lbs of cats (2).

rvanparys
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by DaveP Sun Oct 25, 2015 6:43 am

Milena wrote:
Jim W wrote:Is your trailer single or dual axle?  You should plan on at least 2500-3000 pesos for tolls.  Plus petrol maybe double a single vehicle.   Most Pemex take credit cards now.....still risky to use though.   Plus budget for hotel....one or two nights.

Have a safe trip.

Jim W

Single axle, just a 5X8 not even 6ft high inside. Do they charge extra for a small trailer (this thing could almost qualify as a toy). Would never use a CC at a gas station there- just asking for trouble. Hell, I had a Walmart clerk tell me the system was down was as she made a carbon rubbing of my card.... last time I used that there.

My understanding is it is 2 nights lodging anticpated coming from Nogales and driving 8 hr days, correct? And does anyone who has made the trip recently have any other comments, road reports, etc? I seem to recall that years ago, portions of the highway just suddenly faded to nothing and we and a line of vehicles were suddenly just driving along in the sand and had to do a U-turn to try to find where the road disappeared... like a scene out of the Twilight Zone.

With a small trailer you will pay for the extra axle. About 1.5x the rate for the car total (if car is 100p, car + trailer will be 150p)
DaveP
DaveP
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : A little English

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down