INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trip's Burger

+22
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
DaveP
Canada_Mike
Zedinmexico
viajero
benjji
Trailrunner
WDBarr
Chapalagringa
David
lunateak
hickton
TioBob
Kiri
elgringo
slainte39
borderreiver
CanuckBob
Intercasa
Gamina
Ms.Thang
26 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Trip's Burger - Page 2 Empty Re: Trip's Burger

Post by hickton Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:55 pm

for a franchise of this type, you need big bucks, approved location and most importantly enough people in the surrounding area to support it. demographics..not enough round here, thank god.
anyway on thursady mr tripp was pretty busy, with attentive staff, and no franchizing costs, so good luck to him.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:40 pm

Yes, best of luck to him. IMHO, a Burger King would do well here. McD not so much. Wendy's or Tim Horton even better!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Jan 02, 2016 2:47 pm

i just dont like that type of fast food, but maybe panda grill. good one in ciudad victoria maybe one in guadalajara not sure.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Trip's Hamburger was definitely a trip.  I literally pulled out my slice of beef to look at it.  It brings back memories for sure!

Personally, I did like it.  I'm not a big meat eater and ordered mine protein style so didn't have a bun but a lot of crispy lettuce.  It is expensive but was fun!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:06 pm

Finally tried Trip's. The presentation was really nice, but when we bit into the burgers they were raw inside - I mean blood red. French fries were white, as one other poster said, and I could taste the grease on the fries, which means the oil was not hot enough so was absorbed by the potatoes.

We really wanted to like this place and were disappointed. We may try it again, as some of our friends swear that this was not their own experience at Trip's. Some have listed their favorite burger places, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Merendero's in Ajijic. They have great hamburgers, probably the best around in my estimation.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jan 10, 2016 7:21 pm

Yes, they are very good at Merendero's.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:39 pm

A chain might do OK here, after passing their rules for location, etc. The main thing would be consistency in hours open and hours later on, to many places are not open certain weekdays or after 7pm and for this area to grow people need to have guaranteed service certain hours not typical pueblo hours when Juanita can work or closing midweek, etc.

Chapala / Ajijic lacks broad hours for food and taxi service, the locals are starving and the tourists more! Tacos and pizza are not going to attract more people and those foods only are available certain hours, dominos before 10pm and tacos if the guy isnt too drunk to open.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Jan 11, 2016 12:31 am

I agree....In other words there a lot of people here that go to bed with the chickens. lol! , but I'm still up and could probably eat, along with some Melox.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ms.Thang Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:37 am

WDBarr wrote:Finally tried Trip's. The presentation was really nice, but when we bit into the burgers they were raw inside - I mean blood red. French fries were white, as one other poster said, and I could taste the grease on the fries, which means the oil was not hot enough so was absorbed by the potatoes.

We really wanted to like this place and were disappointed. We may try it again, as some of our friends swear that this was not their own experience at Trip's. Some have listed their favorite burger places, but I don't think anyone has mentioned Merendero's in Ajijic.  They have great hamburgers, probably the best around in my estimation.  

I hope you told Trip, he is trying so hard to get those workers trained. He would have done whatever he had to do to make sure you leave satisfied too.

Ms.Thang
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:41 am

Intercasa wrote:Chapala / Ajijic lacks broad hours for food and taxi service, the locals are starving and the tourists more!  Tacos and pizza are not going to attract more people and those foods only are available certain hours, dominos before 10pm and tacos if the guy isnt too drunk to open.  

Exactly right, Spencer!

I ran into my taxista friend the other day and I asked him why you can't get a taxi after 10 at night or a bus after 9. I asked him how he thought the area could grow and prosper with more tourism (Pueblo Magico) without people being able to get home after an evening out. I told him the people think the taxistas are lazy and don't want to work. He smiled and nodded.

He said he doesn't want to work at night because he's already worked all day and he's tired and wants to sleep. He said if someone wanted to go out and drink or eat and wanted a ride home at midnight all they had to do is make the arrangements with him and he'll pick them up. I said, what about the tourists who don't know you? Why are there no taxis driving around at night or parked at the plazas waiting for a call? He agreed that a night shift was needed and I asked why there wasn't one. He said because that's when the drug dealers are out! Basically, he said there are no roaming or staging taxis during the night because the drivers are afraid.

I can understand that, it would be very dangerous to be a night shift taxi driver around here. So, unless and until they can provide safety and security at night for tourists and tapatios to come and enjoy the area and get home safely after - we will continue to remain a small town pueblo that folds up the sidewalks at 10.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:48 am

Policia and Transito don't seem to be out at night either!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:55 am

Probably should have made a new topic for this, so I will, don't want to steal Trip's thunder! jaja

You're right, David! Looks like there's no one out at night but the bad guys.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by benjji Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:30 pm

Saturday 30 Jan...Trip's new hours...12:30 to 8:30.....opened at 12:50 to zero customers by 1:10 there had been two orders. 8 employees trying to look busy. Two of them try to make the coke machine work......

We ate at the Chinese take out.

Success at growing his business....maybe.

benjji
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Give it a rest.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:38 pm

Really, Benji. Your spitefulness says much more about you than it does about Trip's.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:44 pm

Ditto.
Either buy a burger or quit stalking the place!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:33 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Ditto.

How do ya "stalk" a burger joint? Stride back and forth with arms akimbo and an angry frown? Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:48 pm

I don't know Gringal. Benji watched to see what time they opened, how many employees there were, what the employees were doing, counted the number of customers all while apparently eating at a different place. Seems a bit obsessive. It's just a hamburger joint.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:58 pm

The plot thickens!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by WDBarr Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:33 pm

gringal wrote:

How do ya "stalk" a burger joint? Stride back and forth with arms akimbo and an angry frown? Twisted Evil

Good point, Gringal.

Sometimes I think posters don't understand the meaning of the words, or phrases, they use. In Trip's defense, I think he ought to assess his employees and fire them immediately if they are not following his directions. If you notice, the reviews about the burgers are mixed - even among our friends.

Some say that the burgers are terrific, others are very disappointed (as I was with my raw burgers). What is the cause of this? Careless employees.

Trip needs to get behind the counter for a while, assess and fire the employees who don't care. In my own business, I would train an employee for six months so I could leave for a weekend and while I was gone, the employee would close early, bring their kids and dogs into the business and behind the counter, tell customers with difficult orders to come back another time. So, I know that bad employees can kill a business.

Fire them, Trip, and hire others until you get the right team. My friend is going to withhold reviewing Trip's for now, and visit again in a few weeks and give them a chance to fix their employee problem.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:39 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:I don't know Gringal. Benji watched to see what time they opened, how many employees there were, what the employees were doing, counted the number of customers all while apparently eating at a different place. Seems a bit obsessive. It's just a hamburger joint.

Stalking. I rest my case.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by viajero Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:17 pm

Trailrunner wrote:
Intercasa wrote:
that's when the drug dealers are out! Basically, he said there are no roaming or staging taxis during the night because the drivers are afraid. 

I can understand that, it would be very dangerous to be a night shift taxi driver around here. So, unless and until they can provide safety and security at night for tourists and tapatios to come and enjoy the area and get home safely after - we will continue to remain a small town pueblo that folds up the sidewalks at 10.
Interesting ,I can hail a cab in Guadalajara at 3AM in less than two minutes,I guess it's more dangerous in your little pueblto..go figure..

viajero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twain

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:50 pm

benjji wrote:Saturday 30 Jan...Trip's new hours...12:30 to 8:30.....opened at 12:50 to zero customers by 1:10 there had been two orders. 8 employees trying to look busy. Two of them try to make the coke machine work......

We ate at the Chinese  take out.

Success at growing his business....maybe.

HUH???
I was there at 12:30 PM, my number was 22 (I assume they start at 1), at least 6 tables had people eating out of Tripp's trays, and at least a half dozen more came and ordered while we were eating.  Left about 1:15 PM.
Are we on the same planet?  I have witnesses.  In the 45 minutes there....maybe two orders at the Chinese next door.
Hopefully I will wake up and just dreamt about this thread. lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:58 pm

lol
faux stalker
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:02 pm

"Faux stalker" -- hahaha. The worst sort.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Jan 30, 2016 11:04 pm

WDBarr wrote:
gringal wrote:

Good point, Gringal.

Sometimes I think posters don't understand the meaning of the words, or phrases, they use. In Trip's defense, I think he ought to assess his employees and fire them immediately if they are not following his directions. If you notice, the reviews about the burgers are mixed - even among our friends.

Some say that the burgers are terrific, others are very disappointed (as I was with my raw burgers). What is the cause of this? Careless employees.

Trip needs to get behind the counter for a while, assess and fire the employees who don't care. In my own business, I would train an employee for six months so I could leave for a weekend and while I was gone, the employee would close early, bring their kids and dogs into the business and behind the counter, tell customers with difficult orders to come back another time. So, I know that bad employees can kill a business.

Fire them, Trip, and hire others until you get the right team. My friend is going to withhold reviewing Trip's for now, and visit again in a few weeks and give them a chance to fix their employee problem.

Hey, the service was great....5 minute wait for the order. there were 2 ahead of us, numbers 20 and 21 as they called them out, so what is there to complain about.
The patties are a little small, so ordered the double sin salsa (don't care much for that), raw onion (you get a choice), and the rest of the add on  toppings.  The big bun with a small patty(ies) isn't good marketing (should be the other way around) but with fries and a shake, couldn't have eaten anymore.
I also think it's a little pricey for what you get but I don't eat there every day and it's the best around until you go into Ajijic or down to Mario's.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next