INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks

Go down

Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks Empty Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:16 pm

Has anyone else had troubles with Telecable in the past month or so? I currently pay for 8 mega and over the past 5 weeks only get between .03 & 2.17 mega. I've gone down 3 times and talked to them and they say it will be fixed soon but then no improvement. She went on to say it's the whole lake and most of Guad with this problem.

Last week I asked if I'll be getting a discount for the very slow speed and the girl said yes for sure!

Today Telecable took $800 Pesos from my bank account, full payment.

I went to Telecable again today and the girl said "We can't give a discount until it's fixed!" I asked when will it be fixed and she said?????????????? I'll put in another report.

So I ask am I the only one with this problem or is it the whole lake as she said?

Back to top Go down

Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks Empty Re: Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:40 pm

They are screwing everybody, best to complain to PROFECO
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks Empty Re: Getting .03 Mega from Telecable for the past 5 weeks

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:45 pm

[quote="Intercasa"]They are screwing everybody, best to complain to PROFECO[/quote] Who is Profeco? I tried to make a report online but they have the "Send" button disabled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:49 pm

Thanks I googled it and found http://www.profeco.gob.mx/ I will make a report.

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Tue Apr 05, 2016 5:58 pm

You need to make a written report in person and then go to a hearing.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:13 pm

Ok thank you I'll have Gaby help me with filling the report.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:13 am

Spencer,
I went to Telecable Facebook page and posted a complaint about slow speeds. https://www.facebook.com/Telecable/?fref=ts

“I have gone to Ajijic Telecable 3 times in the past 5 weeks because my internet speed in from .03 to 1.24 and I pay for 8. This is now 5 weeks of this and NOTHING has been done. Last month they say I get discount but today Telecable takes $800 pesos from my account. The woman at Telecable say we can't give discount until it is fix! 5 weeks now! She say she does not know when it will be fixed. Soon I contact my attorney for Telecable breaking contract. Please let me know when you will fix or should I contact the attorney?”

They deleted it in minutes, so I posted again and that too was deleted. So I just posted it on a comment to “every” photo they posted on their FB page, then I got a reply to continue in a private message.

I had run a network of 98,000 nodes for the University of Iowa and with what I know about networking equipment I posted this statement in the private message……

“This all started when we had a big thunder storm about 5 weeks ago. The girl at Telecable told me that the problem affects the customers from most of Guadalajara and surrounding area and includes all of Lake Chapala area. If this is true this tells me that Telecable must have lost a core router and now have decided to have everyone use shared bandwidth on the remaining core router. If this is true none of this will be fixed until the bad core has been replaced. Until that time Telecable should discount the costumers for the degraded service.”

They had me run speed tests using http://www.speedtest.net/es/ and post the screen shots and I did.

“Telecable
Can you please close all your programs and aplicasiones, this in order to validate the actual speed that is coming to the modem, this information will be sent to the technical area for prompt solution. Also provide a phone number where we can contact you.“

It took two days of them working on it then I got a response of

“Telecable
Buen día
Te informo que realice desde sistema un proceso para actualizar la información de tu módem. Por favor apóyame realizando lo siguiente con tu servicio, desconecta el cable coaxial que se encuentra en la parte de atrás de tu equipo, de igual forma el cable de corriente eléctrica y retira la batería (en caso de cuenta con ella) espera 10 minutos a que se actualice la información de tu módem e indícame si mejoro el servicio.”

The service was better but only 4 mega when I pay for 8 mega. (at least up from .03-1.24 mega)
They said they would continue working on it then I got this message…..

“Telecable
the upgrade of your team has already been done, please monitor your service during the day. Any questions, please contact us again. Regards!”

I think I may have hit the nail on the head with my assumption of them losing a Core Router.
Now I’m getting the 8 Mega I pay for. If I was correct they had moved my account (connection) to the new Core or at least to a core not so busy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down