INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER!

+2
hound dog
GBATRUCKS
6 posters

Go down

BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER! Empty BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER!

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 14, 2011 9:15 am

(1) Buy a truckload of turnips
(2) Buy a pig
(3) feed the turnips to the pig
(4) EAT THE PIG! razberry
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Black Adder sarcasm

Back to top Go down

BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER! Empty Re: BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER!

Post by hound dog Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 am

GBATRUCKS wrote:(1) Buy a truckload of turnips
(2) Buy a pig
(3) feed the turnips to the pig
(4) EAT THE PIG! razberry

You know, GBA, Dawg has tolerated your regional proclivities exacerbated by the fact that you live in isolated and xenophobic New Mexico which is a place not even sure of where it is and inhabited by western secluded hillbillies who have never been east of El Paso nor west of Tucson nor north of Taos nor south of the Mexican border but for you to attack the God Turnip is a step too far. Turnips and yellow turnips, known otherwise as "rutabagas", are the kings of vegetables, virtually worshipped in the American deep south but also in the cuisines of North Africa from the disputed territories of Western Sahara to at least Tunisia where the turnip is glorified in local stews known as "tagines" served over couscous and flavored with lamb or chicken or other meats and slow cooked to blend the flavors of meat and vegetable and what a great treat.

The turnip family also adds value to cuisines from Hungary to North Korea but is undervalued in tropical climes where the vegetable lacks robust flavor because the vegetable needs cold, and even freezing, weather to develop appropriate savoriness.

If you do not know this, you need to get out of New Mexico and experience the world.

I must say, however, that you are right that turnips make pigs taste better but keep in mind that they do not eat pigs in Algeria so lighten up.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 14, 2011 10:39 am

Now Puppy,
You need to take your meds. As you know (but seem to have forgotten probably due to copius amounts af fantasy tonic consumed over the years and the subsequent affect on the gray matter), I'm a 6-year resident of Jocotepec, the non-gringoized place on the lake where we don't press our walking shorts, go to overpriced restaurants, sip overpriced wine of dubious quality, and everybody tries to impress everybody about how they were a corporate vice-president and live in gridlock most of the year. We all spend our yearly clothing allowance on t-shirts we buy for 3 for a 100 pesos in Melaque, swill cheap Padre Keno (we never learned how to sip) and eat at our own back-yard restaurants (see my last post over on the "prime rib" thread for a mouth watering photo). And as to your glorious Alabama cookin' here's a true story: When in the Army in Enterprise Alabama (the only place in the country where taxpayer money is spent building a monument to an INSECT) BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER! 200px-10
we were invited over to a locals house for boiled CHITTLINS....One bite and all I could think of was the smell of a pig farm...I could not eat them! Most embarrasing.

Anyway, now that you've returned from that snake-invested tropical arm pit you inhabit half the year, I look forward to seeing you again strolling our new and much improved malicon.

(pic is the monument to the boll weavel...celebrated because after it wiped out the cotton crop, they all switched to growing peanuts and lived well)
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat May 14, 2011 11:51 am

I'd have to agree that turnips & rutabagas are the most disgusting vegetable created. Glad the pigs like 'em, though. Chitterlings? Offal is awful.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 14, 2011 1:03 pm

All this hog talk reminds me of my foray into ranching. I had a small 5 acre hobby farm and decided to raise a pig. I went to the auction and bought a baby piglet. Now not knowing any better I though bigger is better so I raised ole Elvis on a diet on bread, apples, marshmallows, table scrapes and pig chow for about 8 months or so. When he hit about 500 lbs I thought the time was right so I called over a buddy to help me get Elvis into the utility trailer to take to the slaughter house. Now I don't know if any of you have ever tried to wrestle a scared 500 lb hog into a utility trailer before well let me tell you it ain't easy. When I finally got ole Elvis to the slaughter pen and he was about 3 times bigger than any other pig in there I realized my errors.........He only butchered out to about 100lbs or so of usable meat. The rest was fat.....
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat May 14, 2011 1:44 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:Now Puppy,
Anyway, now that you've returned from that snake-invested tropical arm

Oh, Trucks, you poor misguided midwestern redneck clodhopper; if it were not for the fact that I like you I might have to humiliate you at this point but as I find you worthless but entertaining I will enlighten you to the fact that San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas astrides 7,000 feet in the splendid high mountain Jovel Valley and is less tropical than Denver but I forgive you your geographical naivite as, generally speaking, folks from your benighted part of the planet are lucky to even find your way to the Piggly Wiggly and if you happened upon the "organic" food section you would expect to find frozen kidneys and gonads gracing the counters.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by GBATRUCKS Sat May 14, 2011 3:16 pm

Earth to Puppy.....Trucks is not now nor has he ever been a clod-hoppin' "Mid-Westerner"--he don't even own a John Deere ball cap. He is, as you mentioned in your blathering 5 posts up but obviously forgot, having a memory only slightly greater than the 1/2 second awarded to a goldfish, a former New Mexican, which is, as most of us who can read a map are aware, in the South West. He now be a Jocotopecker.

As to not being familiar with the geography of Chiapas, I lost interest when I discovered that the whole corrupt place is run by guys running around wearing ski-mask swinging machetes, and the main claim to fame of San Cristobal is being the home base of a peasant uprising a few years back.
GBATRUCKS
GBATRUCKS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun May 15, 2011 10:11 am

Bob - loved the story of your hobby farm adventure. But here is Mexico the pig fat is highly prized. You could have made the best french fries in Canada with that!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Thu May 19, 2011 12:48 pm

GBATRUCKS wrote:Earth to Puppy.....
As to not being familiar with the geography of Chiapas, I lost interest when I discovered that the whole corrupt place is run by guys running around wearing ski-mask swinging machetes, and the main claim to fame of San Cristobal is being the home base of a peasant uprising a few years back.

Now, you are a funny guy Trucks and I am quite fond of you but if you think that the Zapatista uprising was the most important historical even in Chiapas then you are completely misinfomed. People have lived in Chiapas for thousands of years and long befoe the Spanisharrived. To explain the complex history of the old Pre-Columbian Maya Empire that was what is now Chiapas and Guatemala and Tabasco and countless other places in the region and modern movements as well, one needs more than a third grade primary education in world history.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Uncle Jack Mon May 30, 2011 11:58 am

BEST TURNIP RECIPE EVER!

Isn't that a double oxymoron?

uj
Uncle Jack
Uncle Jack
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Twisted and Bizarre

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down