INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo

5 posters

Go down

Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo  Empty Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo

Post by WDBarr Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:48 am

Just came across the border in Laredo and for the first time had to get a waiver to bring our pick-up into Mexico. Apparently there is a new rule that bans cars or pickups over a certain weight - and they use the fully loaded weight to calculate this amount, even if you are not loaded with cargo. We were in a line with many others - large SUVs with families, pick up trucks of all sorts- who encountered the same problem. The guy behind us had a truck that was flagged because there was a recall on it for some minor problem. He finally gave the aduana $20 and was given a waiver. We finally got a waiver after showing that we had imported our truck multiple times. But, it was a huge hassle. I wonder how travelers hauling trailers are going to get across the border.

The counters where visas are issued has moved to the end of the building and is vastly less efficient. New chairs are in the waiting area, but roped off so no one can use them. One family with a bunch of young children tried to sit down and was chastised by a woman in a uniform. There was one agent issuing visas and the line was the longest I have ever encountered and the agents rude and unhelpful.

What is going on? Not so sure we will come across at Laredo again.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo  Empty Re: Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo

Post by Ojalero Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:26 am

WDBarr wrote:Not so sure we will come across at Laredo again.

I quit that crossing over 20 years ago. There are much better ways to get to Chapala from the north of the US for many different reasons. Just because it is bigger doesn't mean better, except you are chum for the mordida sharks. The same goes for taking the toll roads that Laredo leads you to. Yes, the Green Angels travel the roads not privatized.
Ojalero
Ojalero
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Paraprosdokian

Back to top Go down

Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo  Empty Re: Border Crossing headaches in Nuevo Laredo

Post by WDBarr Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:20 pm

I am not sure I understand your point. The issue is the recent enforcement of a law meant to apply to commercial vehicles to private vehicles - large SUVs and Pick-ups. It is causing problems at the border crossings. Apparently there is a group associated with RV travelers who have hired a group of lawyers to challenge this law.

WDBarr
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by solajijic Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:52 pm

I suspect the same would not be said at the Eagles Pass crossing. A couple hundred pesos there and anything is fine with those fellows.

solajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : "I a, a practical woman. Sentiment only takes one so far. At some point, practicality must enter the room."

Back to top Go down

Post by Playaboy Sat Jun 11, 2016 11:28 am

This happened to a friend,a Mexican green card holder, in Mcallen last week.  He couldn't get a TIP for his dually.  He finally got one in Brownsville by paying a $50USD "fee".

Playaboy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fastfox Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:56 pm

Ojalero wrote:
WDBarr wrote:Not so sure we will come across at Laredo again.

I quit that crossing over 20 years ago. There are much better ways to get to Chapala from the north of the US for many different reasons. Just because it is bigger doesn't mean better, except you are chum for the mordida sharks. The same goes for taking the toll roads that Laredo leads you to. Yes, the Green Angels travel the roads not privatized.

Would you mind sharing your route and from what location NOB?
Fastfox
Fastfox
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down