INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

+26
Clete
Trailrunner
Halfglass
itsme
salvadors
papa chango
kipissippi
mattoleriver
Luisa
Zedinmexico
suegarn
shana
Flamingo
toedippers
Rosa Venus
RVGRINGO
lunateak
Carry Bean
jrm30655
gringal
ltollefs
slainte39
Playaboy
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
hockables
30 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

The Lunatics Rule The Asylum - Page 3 Empty Re: The Lunatics Rule The Asylum

Post by toedippers Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:32 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:I would like to point out France has very strict gun laws and California has very strict gun laws. Didn't stop folks from doing crazy shit in either place with guns. Too many guns exist pretty much everywhere I guess. I don't have an answer and I use to have a CWP for work and have extensive training in firearms.  A disclosure I guess.

I don't have an answer either - but Chris Rock did in this video...

https://youtu.be/VZrFVtmRXrw

(apologies in advance that this may be a little crude and too 'jokey' considering what has happened recently... but there is an interesting point - folks in the US have guns enough to last 200 years - but only 3 years worth of ammo... )

td's

toedippers

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:41 pm

"A Land Without Guns: How Japan has virtually eliminated shooting deaths"...

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/07/a-land-without-guns-how-japan-has-virtually-eliminated-shooting-deaths/260189/

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:54 pm

********** GUNS DON'T KILL PEOPLE ............... IDIOTS WITH GUNS KILL PEOPLE ***************

You're not the problem, U say? You're not the Idiot, U say?

Why are you Condoning the Sales and Distribution of Military Style Assault Weapons on the streets where your Children Play?

Why are you Condoning Weapon Sales to Potentially Untrained, Uneducated, Unstable People...

When you Stand By and Say Nothing as Schools and Night Clubs get Shot Up with Legal Guns, by Legal Owners... YOU ARE CONDONING IT!!

I stopped talking about this subject a long time ago... now consider it " An American Problem "... after talking with a member on this board, who went on about teaching his children how to load and operate a 45ACP AT 6 YEARS OF AGE....

just say'n is all.... Beer
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:21 pm

suegarn wrote:"A Land Without Guns:  How Japan has virtually eliminated shooting deaths"...

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2012/07/a-land-without-guns-how-japan-has-virtually-eliminated-shooting-deaths/260189/

Japan doesn't allow Muslim immigrants also

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:28 pm

jrm30655 wrote:
suegarn wrote:"A Land Without Guns:  How Japan has virtually eliminated shooting deaths"...

Well that was a Smart thing to say... How do you feel about Blacks, Jews, and Chinese??

You don't own a Gun, do you??
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:05 am

jrm30655 wrote:

What about Caucasian immigrants? Do they allow them?  or don't they (Caucasians) kill people with guns?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:31 am

I don't think JRM meant it the way you're taking it.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 am

toedippers wrote:
Zedinmexico wrote:I would like to point out France has very strict gun laws and California has very strict gun laws. Didn't stop folks from doing crazy shit in either place with guns. Too many guns exist pretty much everywhere I guess. I don't have an answer and I use to have a CWP for work and have extensive training in firearms.  A disclosure I guess.

I don't have an answer either - but Chris Rock did in this video...

https://youtu.be/VZrFVtmRXrw

(apologies in advance that this may be a little crude and too 'jokey' considering what has happened recently... but there is an interesting point - folks in the US have guns enough to last 200 years - but only 3 years worth of ammo... )

td's

Cute but I know folks with 10,000 rounds of ammo. People make ammunition and have supplies of lead  gunpowder whatever is needed. Ammunition shells can be reloaded after firing.   Also what do you bet Chris Rock has a gun in his house??  See he could pay 5000USD for a bullet.  Remember California Senator Feinstein who was anti gun who had a permit. Nothing to see here other than entertainment. ( I have no idea if Chris has a gun but lots of famous people have them for security reasons in Nutland)

Last edited by Zedinmexico on Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:41 am

jrm30655 wrote:

Not true!

http://www.snopes.com/muslims-in-japan/

http://www.turning-japanese.info/2013/10/can-muslims-acquire-japanese.html

CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:51 am

CanuckBob wrote:
jrm30655 wrote:

Not true!

http://www.snopes.com/muslims-in-japan/

http://www.turning-japanese.info/2013/10/can-muslims-acquire-japanese.html

Hard to understand people. Unless you have lived or visited multiple times you might miss this.  Japan is one of the most Racist countries in the world.   Ask a Korean born in Japan how he feels.  My Nephew is engaged to a Japanese national from a very nice family but the pressure against them being married is immense.  I could see anti Muslim problems in Japan but doubt if the law says anything about it.  The japanese race is still so pure racially as only seven or eight face shapes are common which is why they use westerners to advertise in Japan. You can see Sean Connery selling Whiskey for example. I learned this from a Japanese Advertising exec I met at the Consumer Electronic show in Vegas. Japan and the Japanese are unique in the world in my opinion. Worth a visit if you can afford the cost. You ought to see how wierd Japanese TV is. They had the same VCR standards so you could play Japanese VCR tapes on US VCRs. They have strange things like giant machines that slap people faces in a big circle and everybody laughing. Must be something about living in such high densities.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Luisa Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:44 am

Playaboy wrote:I never carried a gun to protect you LadyO, or anyone else.  I only want to be able to protect myself from people that would hurt me. That is my right in the USA.  

If you want to rely on the police to protect you that is you choice.  I chose to be able to protect myself.  I jumped thru all the legal hoops to do so.  

LadyO, you really show your complete lack of understanding of this issue when you conclude with stupid, cutting, comments and think this is all about macho "ammosexual fantasies".  I realize that this is a very divisive topic and nobody is going to change their opinion.  Just try to respect each others opinions.

I have been in situations when I was carrying where I turned around and walked away while a crime was occurring.  Not my job.

Cbob, as a Canadian, your opinion on USA gun laws carries little weight beyond this thread.  Just as my opinion on Canadian or Mexican gun laws really doesn't matter.  Do a little research, go ahead and search online for all the mass killing in the countries you mentioned.  You might be surprised how many there are, even in Canada.   

Personally, I think gun purchasing laws should be a lot tighter including mandatory firearms training and complete background checks.  Then I can purchase that UZI I want to play with in the desert.

If you want to play with an UZi then you are not mature enough to own a gun. Playaboy, you are the problem.

Luisa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:01 am

Well I must admit I have played with a variety of fully automatic assault weapons and just about every modern hand gun you can think of at gun ranges however I have no desire to ever own one.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:16 am

Zed, I don't get your point. No matter how racist or strange you believe Japan is the previous post saying Japan does not allow Muslim immigrants is still not true as CBob pointed out.
Also, nothing you talk about in your post is hidden or secret to be sussed out only by a long visit or living in Japan. Anyone who can read or has access to YouTube knows all that about Japan.

Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 am

Zedinmexico wrote:

The japanese race is still so pure racially as only seven or eight face shapes are common which is why they use westerners to advertise in Japan. You can see Sean Connery selling Whiskey for example. I learned this from a Japanese Advertising exec I met at the Consumer Electronic show in Vegas. Japan and the Japanese are unique in the world in my opinion. Worth a visit if you can afford the cost. You ought to see how wierd Japanese TV is.  They had the same VCR standards so you could play Japanese VCR tapes on US VCRs.  They have strange things like giant machines that slap people faces in a big circle and everybody laughing.  Must be something about living in such high densities.

Here you go Zed. Perhaps this will clear-up some of your confusion. Aside from the phenotypic differences; a function of evolution, and of course culture; mostly a result of geographic isolation, we're all pretty much the same.

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/science-says-there-no-such-thing-race/
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:19 am

This article gets down to the Constitution and the intent of the second amendment:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/what-americas-gun-fanatics-wont-tell-you-2016-06-14?siteid=yhoof2&yptr=yahoo

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:57 am

....and another thought: back in the WWII days, the country got itself into such a paranoid state that it ruined the lives of countless people who happened to be of Japanese ethnicity. Same deal with Italian fishermen on the West coast. Are we headed into a Muslim paranoia now?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:02 pm

They didn't have the info in those days that they'd have now so they did the best they could with what they had.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:11 pm

So much for the “melting pot“ myth. Did you ever wonder why homo sapiens are the only people left on the planet? The other remaining primates are much less dangerous to each other. What really happened to the Neanderthals when we arrived on the scene?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:42 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:...What really happened to the Neanderthals when we arrived on the scene?
Alive and well and currently holding majorities in both houses of Congress!
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:33 pm

Carry Bean wrote:They didn't have the info in those days that they'd have now so they did the best they could with what they had.

You mean that with all our information now, we could pick and choose among the Muslims which ones to deport and which to leave in their homes and running their businesses? The Donald keeps it simple: ship them all out.

In yesterdays' news, it was revealed that the FBI had conducted an investigation on the Florida shooter for ten months.  Looks like that didn't help. We had spies galore in the WWII days, too. We can go back centuries and find that spying has always been profitable and existed everywhere.

Last edited by gringal on Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:34 pm

gringal wrote:
lunateak wrote:Just as in the Cold War follow the money.

Just speculating here, like we all are:  I think it was about hate, not money.
Naturally, Trump said it was about Islamic terrorism.
Only the dead shooter knows for sure.

I think it was about something else entirely.  He'd been frequenting the club.  Could be he was gay and had to punish those who caused his "unnatural urges".  No matter how you slice it..the guy was a nutjob.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jun 14, 2016 1:41 pm

kipissippi wrote:
gringal wrote:
lunateak wrote:Just as in the Cold War follow the money.

Just speculating here, like we all are:  I think it was about hate, not money.
Naturally, Trump said it was about Islamic terrorism.
Only the dead shooter knows for sure.

I think it was about something else entirely.  He'd been frequenting the club.  Could be he was gay and had to punish those who caused his "unnatural urges".  No matter how you slice it..the guy was a nutjob.

All that, yes, but in addition, it seems he was ISIS propaganda prone.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by papa chango Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:42 pm

If the United States cannot ban semi-automatic weapons to please a bunch of rednecks, then how about we tax the ammunition for those guns so that it cost $100,000 for a box. And also make it illegal to own the ammunition if the tax has not been paid. The red necks can still get their rocks off playing with their gun.
papa chango
papa chango
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wit and sarcasm Cheech and Chong

http://lakechapalaexpat.blogspot.mx/

Back to top Go down

Post by salvadors Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:20 pm

The shooter was monitered by the FBI. The father was a supporter of the taliban, and at one time ran for office in Afganistan. He also had a television program in California which preached hate for gays and infidels. Blame the FBI, as they did not get him in time. This is an old but unfortunate story.

salvadors
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by suegarn Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:36 pm

papa chango wrote:If the United States cannot ban semi-automatic weapons to please a bunch of rednecks, then how about we tax the ammunition for those guns so that it cost $100,000 for a box. And also make it illegal to own the ammunition if the tax has not been paid. The red necks  can still get their rocks off playing with their gun.

Love this idea! Wish we could actually make it reality!

suegarn
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:54 pm

Shit-stain of a pastor declares that the "tragedy is that more of them didn’t die." Now I know that Christianity is above all else about compassion, and perhaps money, but I have trouble reconciling this statement with the popular notion of Christian Love™. Perhaps someone here can help me.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2016/06/sacramento-pastor-praises-orlando-massacre/

...and note that he is not the only American "man of god" who is making such pronouncements.

Last edited by ltollefs on Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : link broken)
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next