INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Very sad to find out..............

+18
WillieRae
gringal
BILLBOGEY
hockables
RVGRINGO
NEGringos
espíritu del lago
Zedinmexico
manymoonsago
addtocart
itsme
oncesubtle
brigitte
Trailrunner
Carry Bean
Lady Otter Latté
CanuckBob
La Media Luna
22 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Very sad to find out.............. - Page 3 Empty Re: Very sad to find out..............

Post by slainte39 Fri Aug 05, 2016 10:19 pm

islandiver wrote:
RVGRINGO wrote:Ahem......I think it should be, “Those who....“, since you refer to people, rather than things.

I just can‘t help myself..... pirat

Those who can shall preserve, those who don't can't help them selves.

Preserve those who persist in perseverance.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Very sad to find out.............. - Page 3 Empty Re: Very sad to find out..............

Post by BILLBOGEY Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:46 am

gringal wrote:
BILLBOGEY wrote:
NEGringos wrote:I got Dengue the first part of July. OMG - pain was incredible! And.....I don't think they've sprayed in Chapala Haciendas. Needless to say, we are now very vigilant against those darn mosquitoes. It's pretty easy to tell which ones carry the Dengue & Zika (it's actually the same type of mosquito).  

Thanks for this post.  I am planning to come to lake Chapala in mid august.  Now you have me worried about skeeters.  i don't think we have dengue/zika skeeters here in Saint Louis MO yet.

Bugs comes with the territory.  Most areas of the planet have some kind of downside.  If you're a serious worrier, it might be best to stay with the place you know.  But who can tell whether the skeeters will also meet you in St. Louis, some fine day?  They're in Florida now.

I guess I ain't that skeered of the skeeters. Most of my worrying is like my golf game, recreational! See why I don't use spell check (spellcheck?)
Now I gave the spell and word utilization police another nit to pick. Fortunately I have thick skin to go with my thick skull.

I look forward to meeting some of the posters on these forums if i don't chicken out on moving.

Cheers, BB

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Sat Aug 06, 2016 12:26 pm

Don't chicken out, Bill. It will be an amazing adventure whether or not you decide to stay.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:Don't chicken out, Bill. It will be an amazing adventure whether or not you decide to stay.

Well thats something most of us agree on.

Z

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:39 pm

Zedinmexico wrote:
Lady Otter Latté wrote:Don't chicken out, Bill. It will be an amazing adventure whether or not you decide to stay.

Well thats something most of us agree on.

Z

To add to that sentiment: Mostly, we regret the things we DIDN'T do, so when you're in your rockiing chair days, wouldn't you rather have had that adventure than not?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:49 pm

If in doubt simply come down for a 2 or 3 month "vacation" and decide from there as to whether you return home to pack or not. That's plenty of time to poke around, make some friends and find a longer term rental (if necessary).
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by BILLBOGEY Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:20 pm

Thank You all for the kind words of encouragement. When I worked for the Army and moved to Germany and Korea I had an Army officer as a sponsor and a support system was in place. Even the golf course was easy to join, in Seoul Korea the monthly dues were $11 and 50 cents for 18 holes walking.
Having read some books on moving/living Lakeside i do have an idea of what to expect. I think the biggest challenge is my drive through Mexico.

CanuckBob is right, one reason I choose to drive is to treat this like a 2 or 3 month vacation. At least I won't have to return home to pack since I can bring what I need with me. I had originally planned on moving to a senior community in the RGV of Texas, but it is awful hot there most of the year. If Lake Chapala doesn't work, that is my plan B.
Since I visited Ajijic in Feb 2011 I got a feeling this place could work well for me.

My friends are kidding me about going to lake Chapala to find a senorita! I know better, I may find a lady friend who enjoys golf and other activities we both would enjoy. I will check on the Vista Del Lago? golf club when I get there. I have one container of golf stuff, besides my shoes and clubs. I did contact Hotel Perico and plan to stay there until I decide to stay and then find a place to rent.
A quick question! do I just need to make 4 BW copies of the front page of my passport. I will make 4 copies of my certified copy birth certificate, my drivers license, car title and car state registration, 3 months bank statements showing my pension deposits.

I look forward to meeting you folks soon. BB

BILLBOGEY
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : UNIQUE

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:57 pm

Each consulate may have slightly different requirements for making application for your residence permit. However, just take every personal ID you have, along with your bank statements for a year and your passport. That will probably do it, and if more copies are needed, there will be a place to get them nearby.
Enjoy

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3