INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nueva Poasda

+5
kipissippi
johninajijic
gringal
ferret
Parker
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nueva Poasda Empty Nueva Poasda

Post by Parker Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:08 am

We went there Monday night and had wonderful meals. It was on the specials menu; Pork chops with cranberry-gravy. (110peso) Two nice size chops, grilled to perfection with this wonderful gravy. Good mashed potatoes and an arranged (so-so) tomato/cucumber salad. There was so much food I brought home half. My better-half had the Arrachara steak and says it’s the best so far. We were both pleased. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Nueva Poasda Empty Re: Nueva Poasda

Post by ferret Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:31 pm

How was the handicapped accessibility there? I'm really glad you brought that issue up in another post because it should be included. It's so very disappointing when you're looking forward to a good meal and one of your party cannot climb stairs or negotiate a long walk.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:35 pm

I just returned from a meeting there and took note of the fact that the door before you get to the main entrance steps is a smooth entry. Then you pass the check in desk and I think it's all wide enough for a wheelchair.

Another possibility would be the Hacienda Ajijic at the far West end of town, where the parking lot is directly in front of the restaurant, with no steps to enter.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:52 pm

ferret wrote:How was the handicapped accessibility there? I'm really glad you brought that issue up in another post because it should be included. It's so very disappointing when you're looking forward to a good meal and one of your party cannot climb stairs or negotiate a long walk.

Handicapped friendly to a point. Because of the rains, from the parking lot to the restaurant, the backwash of gravel is now difficult to maneuver. And it would really be nice if they could reserve the closest spot, near the sidewalk, for handicapped. Trying to maneuver through sand and mud is pretty difficult. But in all honesty, we were just glad to have a great meal in a very nice environment. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jun 15, 2011 6:13 pm

gringal wrote:I just returned from a meeting there and took note of the fact that the door before you get to the main entrance steps is a smooth entry. Then you pass the check in desk and I think it's all wide enough for a wheelchair.

Another possibility would be the Hacienda Ajijic at the far West end of town, where the parking lot is directly in front of the restaurant, with no steps to enter.

Thanks Gringal.
The Nueva works, a few kinks but it works. We have found that there are restaurants with no steps etc., but getting from the car to their door is a nightmare. Cobblestones & sidewalk heights are certainly a problem. We can sometimes find a driveway entrance to get us started. This is certainly a learning in process. Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:27 pm

Parker wrote:
ferret wrote:How was the handicapped accessibility there? I'm really glad you brought that issue up in another post because it should be included. It's so very disappointing when you're looking forward to a good meal and one of your party cannot climb stairs or negotiate a long walk.

Handicapped friendly to a point. Because of the rains, from the parking lot to the restaurant, the backwash of gravel is now difficult to maneuver. And it would really be nice if they could reserve the closest spot, near the sidewalk, for handicapped. Trying to maneuver through sand and mud is pretty difficult. But in all honesty, we were just glad to have a great meal in a very nice environment. Very Happy

Happy you could get in there and enjoyed it. We (Our Dinner Group) does not go there anymore because the food is very average at best. That's what many of us think.

Treat yourself and try LAURENT or EL JARDIN de NINETTE and report back here. I believe both are closed on Monday. If you'd like to see LAURENT menu, it's online under Hotel Casa Blanca.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:08 pm

Happy you could get in there and enjoyed it. We (Our Dinner Group) does not go there anymore because the food is very average at best. That's what many of us think.

Treat yourself and try LAURENT or EL JARDIN de NINETTE and report back here. I believe both are closed on Monday. If you'd like to see LAURENT menu, it's online under Hotel Casa Blanca.

Thanks John, we look forward to going to these one day soon. The menu and prices look good. We normally go out on Mondays because of the lack of crowds but these places sound like a reason to reconsider a change. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:28 am

There's a new menu at Laurent's. I don't think they still have the one posted on that website.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:54 pm

gringal wrote:There's a new menu at Laurent's. I don't think they still have the one posted on that website.

Just realized that last night as there were 14 of us from our Dinner group because of someone's Birthday.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:00 am

Parker wrote:We went there Monday night and had wonderful meals. It was on the specials menu; Pork chops with cranberry-gravy. (110peso) Two nice size chops, grilled to perfection with this wonderful gravy. Good mashed potatoes and an arranged (so-so) tomato/cucumber salad. There was so much food I brought home half. My better-half had the Arrachara steak and says it’s the best so far. We were both pleased. Very Happy

We went back to Nueva Posada last night just to have the Pork Chop dinner. It was O.K. but nothing like the first time. Even the better-half thought so. Granted the last time it was on the “specials” menu but one would think they would have more consistency. :(

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:33 pm

Consistency? Here? You jest, amigo! lol!

I think I've said it before.....but even the much touted Laurent's served me the worst piece of salmon you could ask for, and my spouse's steak was equally disappointing. On the other hand, another night can be just fine. Who knows? It'a a lottery.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:54 pm

Parker wrote:
Parker wrote:We went there Monday night and had wonderful meals. It was on the specials menu; Pork chops with cranberry-gravy. (110peso) Two nice size chops, grilled to perfection with this wonderful gravy. Good mashed potatoes and an arranged (so-so) tomato/cucumber salad. There was so much food I brought home half. My better-half had the Arrachara steak and says it’s the best so far. We were both pleased. Very Happy

We went back to Nueva Posada last night just to have the Pork Chop dinner. It was O.K. but nothing like the first time. Even the better-half thought so. Granted the last time it was on the “specials” menu but one would think they would have more consistency. :(

Parker - Nuevo Posada is one restaurant that has the least consistency at all. Our Dinner group will not go there. Go to Laurent or El Jardin de Ninette. I totally disagree with Gringal. Our Dinner group who goes there 4 times a year, which consist of 10 - 14 people, love Laurent and no one has ever had a bad meal there. If you get something not up to snuff at Laurent send it back. They'll have no complaints.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:27 am

gringal wrote:Consistency? Here? You jest, amigo! lol!

I think I've said it before.....but even the much touted Laurent's served me the worst piece of salmon you could ask for, and my spouse's steak was equally disappointing. On the other hand, another night can be just fine. Who knows? It'a a lottery.
Beer

I know, fools folly. Dead Horse

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:35 am

Parker - Nuevo Posada is one restaurant that has the least consistency at all. Our Dinner group will not go there. Go to Laurent or El Jardin de Ninette. I totally disagree with Gringal. Our Dinner group who goes there 4 times a year, which consist of 10 - 14 people, love Laurent and no one has ever had a bad meal there. If you get something not up to snuff at Laurent send it back. They'll have no complaints.[/quote]

Looking forward to these and other suggestions, we have just had to deal with a few other issues. Thanks

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:56 am

Opinions are just that, especially when it comes to food. I assume John's dinner group has had stellar experiences at the restaurants he likes. So far, I haven't found any local restaurants I can call "consistent". It's a gamble, anywhere.

If I want a good steak, I'll head for Bruno's, which has "consistently" good steaks....until it doesn't. For fish??? cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:07 am

I love going to Nueva Posada for breakfast. Sitting out under that big tree looking out at the lake...is so relaxing and we've always been happy with the breakfasts..especially their Eggs Benedict.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:13 am

kipissippi wrote:I love going to Nueva Posada for breakfast. Sitting out under that big tree looking out at the lake...is so relaxing and we've always been happy with the breakfasts..especially their Eggs Benedict.

I enjoy that, too. They definitely get "A" for Atmosphere. And yes, the Eggs Benedict ain't bad, either.
I noticed that some of those beautiful big trees in La Floresta and environs are falling down lately. What a pity.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 pm

Falling down? I sure hate hearing that. More rain than usual can sure loosen the roots. That happened here this Spring with BIG Oaks. Too much rain...then we got a wind....the final straw that broke the camel's back...or knocked down the ancient oaks.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:52 pm

Well, I must agree with John that the Nueva Posada presents mediocre food although, I must say, the atmosphere in the garden dining area there is very nice. I would also agree with John that Laurent is a very good restaurant even though we haven´t been there for a while as we have been in Chiapas and then Arizona and New Mexico.

That trip to Arizona and New Mexico and more specifically to Santa Fe, Taos, Albuquerque and Phoenix, gave us s better perspective of restaurant food in the Ajijic area which, as it happens, really ain´t so bad after all and is a hell of a lot cheaper and generally better than the places in which we dined in the U.S. Southwest.

We had very little good food in either Arizona or New Mexico and the restaurants in the Santa Fe tourist trap are grossly overpriced and unworthy of culinary note. New Mexican cuisine consists primarily, to put it kindly, of insipid stews and grains the result of harvesting of which should never have cost a chicken or a hog or a wheat shoot or a rice grain its life.

Dawg will never go back there even though the rural desert areas are spectacularly beautiful. The towns are typically butt-ugly and there is only so much time left so why bother.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by curmudgeon Mon Jul 25, 2011 1:20 pm

[quote="johninajijic"][quote="Parker"]
Parker wrote:..... Go to Laurent or El Jardin de Ninette. I totally disagree with Gringal. Our Dinner group who goes there 4 times a year, which consist of 10 - 14 people, love Laurent and no one has ever had a bad meal there. If you get something not up to snuff at Laurent send it back. They'll have no complaints.

Well, a data point for you. We went to Laurent recently with friends, one of whom ordered a ribeye steak, which was totally inedible, but he was "too nice" to send it back, despite our urgings.
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Jul 25, 2011 3:09 pm

Correction. I think John of Ajijic wrote that post quoted above, not Parker.

I'm waaay not "too nice" to send stuff back if it is "totally inedible". If edible, I eat it. The one thing I don't send back to an overhyped, overpriced restaurant is my body and my money.

BTW, since we're actually on a thread about Nueva Posada, four of us ate their last Friday. One had the pork chops, which is her favorite and she declared it delicious. Another had fish and chips, which he liked. Both my spouse and I had fish filets a plancha. We'd had them there before and like them. They tasted fine at the time. However, the aftereffects were the type you get when they have lowered the quality of the cooking oil to the point of it repeating for the next three hours in your digestive system. The baked potato was fine, but it's hard to screw them up. Possible, but not easy. Stole a french fry from my friend's plate. Definitely mushy.
So.......different strokes in this case.

For fish filets.......the ones at the Plaza are good: no bad grease. Nice big portions. Tony's is another for good fish, as is Yves. For a shrimp treat, try Tony's in garlic butter. Lots of big shrimp (contradiction?); about a dozen. With their veggies and baked potato (or fries), you have a shrimp-lovers' treat. No la de da surroundings; just good meals at a fair price.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:25 am

curmudgeon wrote:
Parker wrote:..... Go to Laurent or El Jardin de Ninette. I totally disagree with Gringal. Our Dinner group who goes there 4 times a year, which consist of 10 - 14 people, love Laurent and no one has ever had a bad meal there. If you get something not up to snuff at Laurent send it back. They'll have no complaints.

Well, a data point for you. We went to Laurent recently with friends, one of whom ordered a ribeye steak, which was totally inedible, but he was "too nice" to send it back, despite our urgings.

Thanks Gringal for taking the time and effort to present the fact that it was Johninajijic and not me who made that statement.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by curmudgeon Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:33 am

Parker wrote:
Thanks Gringal for taking the time and effort to present the fact that it was Johninajijic and not me who made that statement.

Sorry about that ... Johninajijic was quoting you and I mis-handled the quote system ....
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:41 pm

Hey Curmudgeon........Sixty lashes with a cooked fettucine noodle. You are absolved. Go and sin no more.

And welcome to the board. Cute picture. Nice smile.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:11 am

Can't say that we've been all that impressed with either Laurent or Jardin de Ninette. In fact, would be hard pressed to go back to either of them. These two are vastly over rated and expensive for what you get.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next