INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo?

+2
Canmex 87
rzrbk
6 posters

Go down

Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo? Empty Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo?

Post by rzrbk Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:44 pm

What is the difference in driving to Laredo from Lakeside through Aguascalientes and Zacatecas to Saltillo and then on to Laredo rather than going to Lagos de Marino and San Luis Potosi?  I know the buses go the Aguascalienes/Zacatecas route when they go to Laredo.  Just wondering if one is preferable or it's six of one, a half dozen of the other.

rzrbk

Humor : The Onion, Daily Show

Back to top Go down

Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo? Empty Re: Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo?

Post by Canmex 87 Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:54 pm

We have found that the AGS route is 100 kilometers shorter and 1 hour faster than the SLP route.

Canmex 87
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo? Empty Re: Aguascalientas or Lagos de Moreno to Laredo?

Post by kiko Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:47 am

Are there any decent hotels / motels between Zacatecas and Saltillo on the AGS route?  Coming back from central Texas along the SLP route, Matehuala is convenient for a night stop since it is about 1/2 the distance of the SLP route.  

I have not found much available between Saltillo and Zacatecas though for our 1500 km route.  But it has been a long time since I took that route.
kiko
kiko
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:45 am

I travel the Lago de Moreno SLP route to Laredo and find it the best for me. Now they have the new cutoa open around SLP I believe it will be much faster. Last time I was thru there was the week before the new cuota opened and they claimed it would save 1 hour off the trip to Monterrey, Going in the morning to Texas so I will find out
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:06 pm

Going in the morning to Texas so I will find out...

Please let us know how it was and IF it is really open.

Last edited by RickS on Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:13 pm

Are there any decent hotels / motels between Zacatecas and Saltillo on the AGS route?  

Not that most of us would stay in or recommend me thinks. There is/are some in Concepcion del Oro but I've not stayed in one as I've never hit that area at the end of the day.

There are a lot of nice hotels in Ramos Aripze (Saltillo area) out by the airport if that would help.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:31 pm

There is a new bypass for Lagos de Moreno so one need not go through the town anymore. Mind you, it's still under development, but Waze took me on it coming south and it was definitely a plus.

I like the Midway hotel, and you should know that just a ways down the street on the other side there's a good cabrito restaurant. I'm heading north Wednesday and hoping to make it to Saltillo. Lots of hotels there.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Mon May 01, 2017 8:41 pm

No one else seems to know about a new bypass.... can you be more specific as to where it is being built since you 'rode on it'?
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by elgringo Tue May 02, 2017 7:01 am

Took the new cuota to bypass SLP yesterday morning. Entered it just before the canyons and exited it just about 5km before the Grand Prix Pemex station on the North side of SLP. It took 20 minutes total and probably saved at least an hour. I left Ajijic at 3:30 and crossed the International Bridge at 12:30
elgringo
elgringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : lots

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Tue May 02, 2017 9:50 am

I honestly don't know more. It was not a highway, but nonetheless avoided going trough town. Waze took me on it, and I always do what Waze says. ;-)
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down