INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drivers education classes?

+5
CanuckBob
brigitte
shana
Trailrunner
La Media Luna
9 posters

Go down

Drivers education classes? Empty Drivers education classes?

Post by La Media Luna Sun May 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Does anyone know of drivers education classes being taught at lakeside? Be it Chapala to Jocotepec! If so can you share informations/ Thanks..............
La Media Luna
La Media Luna

http://la-media-luna.webs.com/

Back to top Go down

Drivers education classes? Empty Re: Drivers education classes?

Post by Trailrunner Sun May 07, 2017 8:59 pm

If I may be a smart-ass for a minute, let me say the results of my observation of local drivers would lead me to say there are none here!

Perhaps Guadalajara. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by shana Mon May 08, 2017 9:15 am

Nor Guadalajara

shana
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon May 08, 2017 9:41 am

lol
I would venture a guess that the closest Drivers Ed might be, ohhhh, ummm, San Diego? Austin? Tampa?
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon May 08, 2017 10:24 am

I passed a learner´s car not long ago so there is one but I do not remember if it was here at Lakeside , Guadalajara or Tlaquepaque, but there is one somewhere.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by La Media Luna Mon May 08, 2017 11:49 am

Trailrunner wrote:If I may be a smart-ass for a minute, let me say the results of my observation of local drivers would lead me to say there are none here!

Perhaps Guadalajara. . .

Jajajajaja Im thinking the same thing! :-)
La Media Luna
La Media Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon May 08, 2017 12:07 pm

Perhaps you could find a retired driving instructor locally who could offer some private lessons?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Mon May 08, 2017 3:10 pm

Well, there are 3 categories of driving instruction IMO:
- You have a teenager who wants to learn to drive (easy, but sorry, I don't know anyone with that degree of patience, but no doubt there are some people here!
- You are an adult who used to have a driver's license NOB but it is expiring and you are not going back to wherever you came from (this might be hard--my license is due to expire in Tucson, and while I THINK I can take the over-70 test in Tucson, I am not looking forward to it!
- You are an old fart whose NOB license is expiring soon, and you would like to get a license here. One would tend to assume, given the number of idiots on the roads here at Lakeside, that drivers' licenses are easy to obtain, but alas, my experience is that a lot of people on the roads here DO NO HAVE LICENSES, or insurance, for that matter!
- I was in Chapala a couple or 3 months ago when the authorities were giving out licenses, with or w/out a road test, depending. As I had a valid NOB license, I could get a license here without a test, other than an eye test. Used a facilitator--PM me for more info. Believe me, even if you have to take a driving test, as an expat you are going to pass. The written test is a little iffy, as it is in Spanish (my Spanish is a little limited but not non-existent) but as someone has noted online, when in doubt, choose the longest answer (back in the dark ages, this worked for me in History 101, too!)

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon May 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Quite a few driving schools in Guadalajara, one is called Vertiz
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon May 08, 2017 7:58 pm

thank you, I must have seen that car in Guadalajara...

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by La Media Luna Wed May 10, 2017 12:21 pm

Thanks to all for the info.  We found a place in Guad BUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They come out to the lake (or what ever place you live)
Reasonably priced (we called) and the cost of the license, test included and they supply the auto.

Beginners:
20 Hours of Practice
2 Daily Hours Monday to Friday
10 Hours of Theory
(That is 2 hours a day for two weeks M-F 10 hours of class room)
Comes to about $330 American

http://automunich.com.mx/

This is for my wife (and her sister) who happens to be Mexican. I would like them to have a good starting foundation on how to drive.
La Media Luna
La Media Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 10, 2017 1:53 pm

I commend you for your approach, and that will make them good safe drivers for life.

The 10 hours of theory will be well worth the money. Anybody can show someone how to steer a car, apply the brakes etc, but lacking the theory of driving a car will hamper their understanding of how to make a defensive move or how to avoid an accident about to happen. Something I find really lacking here. Looks to me like many know nothing about how to avoid an accident and will just plow straight into it instead of being able to negotiate a defensive move that might just save everybody's life.

I've had a lot of driver's training, all taught by California Highway Patrol, and the most interesting thing I learned was . . .the amount of surface contact with the road that your car tires have is no larger than the palm of your hand. Think about that when you are driving in rain and on wet roads!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by La Media Luna Wed May 10, 2017 2:58 pm

Trailrunner wrote:I commend you for your approach, and that will make them good safe drivers for life.

The 10 hours of theory will be well worth the money. Anybody can show someone how to steer a car, apply the brakes etc, but lacking the theory of driving a car will hamper their understanding of how to make a defensive move or how to avoid an accident about to happen. Something I find really lacking here. Looks to me like many know nothing about how to avoid an accident and will just plow straight into it instead of being able to negotiate a defensive move that might just save everybody's life.

I've had a lot of driver's training, all taught by California Highway Patrol, and the most interesting thing I learned was . . .the amount of surface contact with the road that your car tires have is no larger than the palm of your hand. Think about that when you are driving in rain and on wet roads!

Thanks for that input and the example Trailrunner, I'll share that with my wife! :-)
La Media Luna
La Media Luna

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed May 10, 2017 5:14 pm

I think Mexican drivers do very well at defensive driving considering how we drive.  If in grigolandia they drove like Mexicans, there would  be 10 times more accidents.
Defensive driving??? it's in our genes.lol!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed May 10, 2017 5:43 pm

I figure the same thing. I have been in countless situations in Guadalajara that would have ended up in multi-car smash-ups NOB but everyone here seems to know what the next guy is thinking......that huge lineless merger where Av. Dr. Roberto Michel comes into the Chapala/Guad hwy is a fine example. Its about 8 lanes into 3 with a few feeders and no lines.....jaja.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed May 10, 2017 6:47 pm

Yes, I agree with you guys! We foreigners are the wild cards to Mexican drivers, they don't know what we're going to do!

And they will pause for a second only, to see what we're going to do, and if we take too long to do it, they will they will just work around us. Takes a while for people to learn how traffic works in other places, it's the newbies that are most dangerous in my opinion. They don't know where they're going, can't read the signs, will drop anchor on the carretera to make a left, etc.

Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Fri May 12, 2017 3:07 pm

I want to know where to get that accessory that sees around blind curves and through hills that MX cars come equipped with.

Everyone seems to have one except me.....

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down