INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Roku Lakeside Stream

+10
hickton
Canada_Mike
MexicoPete
Carry Bean
NoVaDamer
gringal
lakeside7
jrm30655
CanuckBob
Spot
14 posters

Go down

Roku Lakeside Stream Empty Roku Lakeside Stream

Post by Spot Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:00 pm

We were invited to the American Legion for a demonstration of Roku by a well known lady in these parts that does services and a gentlemen was present also. They tried to show us the system but most of the time the internet was so sporadic at the legion they could not show us much. They did tell us that the feed was from LA in the United States but did not refer to us what time programing would come on. The deal was you buy the Roku and if you signed up for a year you got a discount. So we did, the first week we had to program the Roku every day that we watched it, then for some reason we had a couple of weeks that it worked with very limited TV to watch. Then it all started with no programming for 1 week, then we finally get a response that they are working on it, another week goes by and they tell us how to update it, so we did and it worked 1 day and then had to take 2 days to program it again. Now that it is all up to date, it is all in Spanish, the guide is in Spanish and most of the programs are in Spanish, yes we need to learn more but when we paid for US TV we want English programs.

So many of us have asked for refunds and they say they don't give refunds. Real good business here.

We and many that signed up that day at the Legion say beware and don't work with this company because it is all about the money not the service.

Nothing against the Legion by the way, they had no idea like most of us.

Spot
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Roku Lakeside Stream Empty Re: Roku Lakeside Stream

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:16 pm

Is this Lakeside TV or a different provider?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Spot Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:20 pm

No this is NOT Lakeside TV, this is Lakeside Stream, 2 different companies!

Spot
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jrm30655 Sun Jun 25, 2017 3:57 pm

Slightly off subject, I saw an article that KODI was having legal trouble and might be going away also.

jrm30655
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:00 pm

I think that any one/group/organisation etc, who allows their premises to be use for any promotion, should have some responsibility as to the credibility of the company and or persons using the building and making a presentation.
By default the Legion is giving their blessing to the promoters.

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:39 pm

Perhaps that's a bit harsh. The product may have been misrepresented to the Legion. We don't know all the facts.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by NoVaDamer Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:11 pm

I have had LakeSideStream and Roku since March. Spot covered the basics, but I think a few details are missing. LSstream was very clear from the beginning that they are a reseller, so they have little or no ability to influence the provider (say, if the stream goes down) and that there would be no refunds. They actually encouraged me NOT to pay for more than 6 months at a time! The outages mentioned were due to the fact that Roku is constantly on the lookout to shut down streaming services, so the provider (someone in Mexico who pulls in the DirecTV signal and streams it) sometimes gets their channel blocked and has to start a "new" channel with a new name. This requires a day or so delay and the channel updates Spot mentioned. A few weeks ago, LSStream's newest provider had some type of meltdown (they called it a fire) and basically went away, taking with them the money LSStream paid in advance for the service. This caused an extended outage while LSSTream found another new provider, and LSStream had to eat the cost of renewing all its customer's access. It is all back up and running now. The latest service has different channel line-ups, and the programming guide is either sometimes not available or wrong. There are also problems with access to individual channels, and sound/buffering. LSStream has told us via e-mail they realize the service is still not up to par, and they are trying to work with the provider to fix it. The situation is not good, but if you understand what streaming is, not entirely surprising.
NoVaDamer
NoVaDamer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Si!

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:53 pm

I wound up re-upping with Shaw for another year thinking that another 12 months might be enough to work some of the kinks out because the channel lineup on Lakeside Stream sure looked good. Glad I did.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 25, 2017 7:44 pm

And if you are ,a snowbird and have an up North TV Account in your home, you have two other alternatives. In my Seattle Condo, I could have Comcast Cable or DirecTV, I chose DirecTV, brought a receiver down to Mexico with me and using one 2.4 meter (almost 8 Ft) satellite dish get a large proportion of the HD programing I get up North. Sadly, that does not include my home town stations. Only Shaw Direct can give me Seattle.

Others using large satellite dishes, can get US DISH Network
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Spot Sun Jun 25, 2017 8:57 pm

And Pete this has what to do with Roku or Lakeside Stream?

Spot
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:11 pm

On the post before mine, Carry Bean mentioned that she had gone to Shaw as a backup for our Roku Etc

With our low internet speed (although there seems to be improvements all of the time) and now that the IP numbers VPNs etc are using are getting blocked, some of us are looking for alternative sources of Video, In my case I have to pay for my US DirecTV be I in Seattle,, on Vancouver Island or where I am most of the time, lakeside. So in my case my monthly costs lakeside of $6 dollars are for one extra receiver and I already had an old 2.4 meter dish

Maybe a son, daughter, brother or sister subscribes to DISH or DirecTV. You could for a small price of renting an extra receiver from the provider of about $6 dollars per month have access to many more channels. Just a thought

And yes I have a smart TV that is wired directly to the internet
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:25 pm

LS Stream is advertising in the GR. Since the last comment is 6 years old, does anyone have an update?

Cheers,

Michael
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:34 pm

Dont touch roku.best with android tv box or amazon fire from amazon or ebay or mercadolibre. Many free ways to get live tv. Free uptodate movies and tv shows.
Not kodi which is waste of time these days.
Pm me if you want help.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 am

Canada_Mike wrote:LS Stream is advertising in the GR. Since the last comment is 6 years old, does anyone have an update?

Cheers,

Michael
My thread is only 6 months old and I am still fighting the credit card company to get my money back and meanwhile Lakeside Stream has told me they will not give me service or my money back. Real Crooks! The charge is from April, and I am still fighting it.

My neighbor paid cash and he is out his money also.
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:17 am

Thanks all. I won't go near them!
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by ColorMeBlue Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:34 pm

I don't understand the grief. I get great TV via my ROKU that I brought down from the US. I just use my TELMEX internet to access a VPN datacenter in San Francisco. The return signal is routed to the ROKU over an ASUS gigabit wi-fi router. Works great with no hassles.

ColorMeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:03 pm

One major problem is our internet speeds here lakeside, as I posted above They are slowly getting better. But if the speed is too slow, don't even bother to try to stream using any of the streaming services including ROKU

I'm still getting most of my programming via satellite.. But that may change is our internet speeds go up enough.

Oh, I want an HD signal, something I can get via satellite and digital Telecable.

MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:14 pm

I have read YouTube started a TV service and it has been spreading to various cities in the states. I imagine if one has a VPN service in one of those cities it will be possible to use their service. I looked at their info and they state it cost $ 35. US/mo for up to 6 accounts. This can be used on Ipads, computers and phones. So, I am wondering how that will work out.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:26 pm

It depends what that does to your internet speed when going through the VPN and whether the provider up North has figured out that you are using a VPN.

Once they figure out you are using a VPN they will so state and ask you not to use one and not allow you to use same when streaming until they can check your supposed location and believe that you are where you indicate you are.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:37 pm

Do you think YouTube TV is going to check that? One can get YouTube on the TV now in Mexico, why would this service be different? I kind of thought that it will eventually be available down here as the regular YouTube is.

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:19 pm

My Mexican (purchased at Costco) LG smart TV gets the Mexican version of YouTube TV using a Telecable 5 mb/sec down by almost 2 up connection. How do I know that it is the Mexican version? Most all programming including music is in Mexican Spanish.

Trouble is that during periods of heavy internet usage that this 5 mb/sec speed drops to about 2 mb/sec and I loose the YouTube feed.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hickton Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:59 pm

You change the play back defination from say 1080 to whatever in settings when you have slow dl. Speed.
I stream a lot with 5 d.l.for live sports its enough for sd.on a good day maybe hq.
Movies 720 is ok with no buffering.
There are many free apps available for a smart tv or android box or amazon fire stick. No kodi involved. Only downside no epg and maybe a few ads.all main usa and uk channels available. Plus many worldwide.

hickton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by cerebrozo Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:24 pm

It can be so frustrating when you get ripped off by people who are teaching you how to cheat.
cerebrozo
cerebrozo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down