INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

San Juan Cosala repair shop

5 posters

Go down

San Juan Cosala repair shop Empty San Juan Cosala repair shop

Post by gringal Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:40 am

After hearing positive recommendations about the repair shop in S.J.C. that fixes everything from TV's to small appliances, (lake side, near the big cell tower) I took several items there; one of which was a stereo which failed to read the discs.
They called the next week and said it was fixed.  Charged 350 pesos.  Took it home and it still malfunctioned.  Took it back.  Haven't heard from them again and it's been over 3 weeks.  Also had taken several other items which haven't heard from them about.  Getting uneasy.  Wondering if I should cut my losses, pick up the items and try elsewhere.
Anyone have experience with this place....good or bad? I'd also appreciate recommendations about "elsewhere".

I have taken things to the shop whose place is just west of the Avocado club and they were finally fixed, but it took a long, long time.  Months, in one case.  The parts ordered must have arrived by burro from D.F., maybe?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

San Juan Cosala repair shop Empty Re: San Juan Cosala repair shop

Post by lakeside7 Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:38 pm

gringal wrote:After hearing positive recommendations about the repair shop in S.J.C. that fixes everything from TV's to small appliances, (lake side, near the big cell tower) I took several items there; one of which was a stereo which failed to read the discs.
They called the next week and said it was fixed.  Charged 350 pesos.  Took it home and it still malfunctioned.  Took it back.  Haven't heard from them again and it's been over 3 weeks.  Also had taken several other items which haven't heard from them about.  Getting uneasy.  Wondering if I should cut my losses, pick up the items and try elsewhere.
Anyone have experience with this place....good or bad? I'd also appreciate recommendations about "elsewhere".

I have taken things to the shop whose place is just west of the Avocado club and they were finally fixed, but it took a long, long time.  Months, in one case.  The parts ordered must have arrived by burro from D.F., maybe?

My experience has been quite the opposite...very good service and reasonable prices..I would recommend that you visit them and discuss. You need to check out the item before leaving the shop. For me they would always demonstrated the part works before leaving the shop. good Luck

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:58 pm

Likewise, I've never had a problem with them. One time when something took longer than I thought it should I went to see them. There were embarrassed that they were stumped. Ultimately they did fix it!
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:21 pm

Thanks for the responses. We'll go by on Friday and talk to them. The reason we went there was people reporting good results.

The "repair" that didn't stick: They tried it in the shop for us but apparently the repair wasn't solid enough to withstand the trip home in a carefully padded container because it behaved just as badly as it had before.
What to do about that? Don't know. We have a small car, low to the ground, and HAVE to go very slowly over the topes, or else, so it wasn't a wild ride.
The other items were a sound system for group meetings with a dead battery and broken antenna and also a "noise machine" with a loose connection.
We'll see.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:54 am

If you are speaking of Jose Calvario, who I think you are, in SJC, I have used him for years for electronics repairs.  My opinion is, if he can't repair it, it's probably not repairable, or worth repairing.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:31 am

Jose and his son are the best, in 13 years of living here I've NEVER heard a negative word regarding them or their work. You're right Slainte, if they can't fix it, it can't be fixed.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 22, 2017 8:26 am

Thanks again for all the input. I'll hang in there with them until they say it can't be fixed.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:52 pm

gringal wrote:Thanks again for all the input.  I'll hang in there with them until they say it can't be fixed.

Just reporting that all the items we took in were repaired perfectly and the charge was very reasonable. Picked them up yesterday after they called. We'll go there again when we need a repair.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down