INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What Land Lakeside is Officially Designated as "Ejido" Land?

+11
ferret
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
Trailrunner
Clete
Zea
tonyburton
slainte39
CHILLIN
CanuckBob
Ezzie
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What Land Lakeside is Officially Designated as "Ejido" Land? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Land Lakeside is Officially Designated as "Ejido" Land?

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:56 am

I wouldn't get involved in any land that is even close to having ejido ties to it. Even after things are resolved others come out of the woodwork and throw more claims against it. I wouldn't get involved with the Native American lands up north either......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

What Land Lakeside is Officially Designated as "Ejido" Land? - Page 2 Empty Re: What Land Lakeside is Officially Designated as "Ejido" Land?

Post by CHILLIN Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:35 am

Oh well, no waterfront beach/fishing shack for you. About $25,000 then $1,000 per year to the ejido and watchman. You will just have to buy a $500,000 plus condo, just like everyone else. Even then, it will not be clear title, but in a bank trust.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:39 am

There is enough regularized land on the coast without dealing with an Ejido.
To echo Bob's sentiment... I wouldn't touch Ejido land with a 100 foot pole.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:51 am

CHILLIN wrote:Oh well, no waterfront beach/fishing shack for you. About $25,000 then $1,000 per year to the ejido and watchman. You will just have to buy a $500,000 plus condo, just like everyone else. Even then, it will not be clear title, but in a bank trust.

Just start a Mexican Corporation and buy all the restricted zone property you want without a bank trust OR get Mexican citizenship.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by viejito Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:43 pm

But your Mexican Corporation must be for the purpose of generating income from that property. No income, no tax paid, adios Corporation and the money you spent to form it.

viejito

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:57 pm

Well I guess you'll have to AirBnB a room once in a while. A corporation costs about 1500USD to form here. The bigger problem with it is you will have to pay capital gains when you sell the property if it increases in value as it can not be claimed as a private principal residence. Citizenship is the best way to go.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:19 pm

Just make sure your HOA/Condo Association allows fishing from your balcony or front yard Very Happy
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:51 pm

Ezzie is just interested in the history/story of the land, not in forming a corporation and buying some.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by Ezzie Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:04 pm

Correct, I am a fan of renting, not owning. I find the history of the area very fascinating.

Ezzie
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Aka "El Grillo"

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:23 pm

There is a lot of Ejido land above me in San Juan Cosala. There is no simple answer to the original question as there is Ejido land in many different places here. I have never seen a map that plots it out.

Last edited by cypress on Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:26 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : word left out)

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm told that all the land above me and Las Salvias here in upper Ajijic is Ejido land.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:18 pm

There is a man  who sells plants at the tianguis and he was trying to sell me his land.. ejido land above Los Olivos.. There is a casa ejidal in upper Ajijic  above the Mission condos and  the school so there is a ejido around. Also the land on priv Emiliano Zapata was or is ejido. friends of mine built a house there and it took forever for them to get the papers..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:56 am

MexicoPete wrote:I'm told that all the land above me and Las Salvias here in upper Ajijic is Ejido land.

It is and some others along the mountain in your area have claims against their property. They didn't find this out until they tried to sell.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:04 am

This is easy to figure out. 53% of land in Mexico is Ejido, just figure out where the most agriculturally desirable places would be 100 years ago, and there you have it.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2