INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newbie here. Question about Webboards

+6
Trailrunner
JayBear
gringal
ferret
CHILLIN
ccw
10 posters

Go down

Newbie here. Question about Webboards Empty Newbie here. Question about Webboards

Post by ccw Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:38 pm

Hello everyone. I am a newbie to this board and doing my research about the area.

I have posted a few times on Chapala.com before I found this site. When I have future posts to make, should I post them on both boards? The reason I am asking is I see a lot of the same users on both boards.

Thanks.
ccw
ccw

Back to top Go down

Newbie here. Question about Webboards Empty Re: Newbie here. Question about Webboards

Post by CHILLIN Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:02 pm

That's a good question. There are some singularly talented and intelligent people who only post on this board. The other board does have some good information providers, but there is a lot of chaff and straw to get to the grainy nuggets. Facebook has greatly increased its significance lately. I am not on that, but Ms. Chillin often is, and she tells me things which I have not read on either board. Just stick with it, and you will perceive which social media is most likely to answer you question.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Newbie here. Question about Webboards Empty Re: Newbie here. Question about Webboards

Post by ferret Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:06 pm

The more places that you post your questions, the more answers you're going to get.
This board has a section where you can duke it out and not get a suspension.
This board also has a local crime section whereas reporting crime of any kind is absolutely verboten on the other board.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:20 pm

Also, politics is verboten on the other board, even though the bias of some folks is manifestly evident, and sort of permitted, depending on where you stand on the political spectrum. You'll see how it works after you've been there awhile.

Here, we have a special "no holds barred" Octagon where you can get as political as you wish or fight about something else, if that's your pleasure. I think that's healthier.

The other board is sponsored by a real estate company, and I suspect no bad news is welcome lest it scare away customers from moving here. I figure that newbies would actually be happier if they saw the good, the bad and the ugly and wanted to be here anyway.

Me, I post on both boards, but avoid getting into the sticky stuff. Mostly, I like to see restaurant reviews and "where to get stuff" posts.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:13 pm

People with a sense of humor post on Inside Lakeside. I often crack up reading the posts.

People with no sense of humor and an attitude of righteousness tend to post on TOB.

Both boards are worth reading. There are wackos posting on both boards, but the wackos who post on this board tend to be actually funny.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:26 pm

Hahahaha JayBear! Well said, I agree.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ccw Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Thanks for the information.  I didn't know what TOB meant at first. I did a Google search for TOB Webboards until I figured out what it meant. LOL
ccw
ccw

Back to top Go down

Post by juanrey Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Read both boards, there's a lot of good questions and good answers on both, but this board is a little more real. I've seen the people on this board go out of there way to help new people and I was one of them. It's a good lot and you can learn a lot here easier than experiencing it by stepping into a big pot hole.

Best of luck to you
juanrey
juanrey
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : George Carlin

https://sites.google.com/site/ouradventureinchapala/

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Sep 18, 2017 12:22 am

ccw wrote:Thanks for the information.  I didn't know what TOB meant at first. I did a Google search for TOB Webboards until I figured out what it meant. LOL

I didn't know what it meant either for a long time, or I didn't know correctly, as I thought after reading the posts of a negative mod/member over there that it was....
TOB...... Terrible Old Bastard.........
but I was wrong.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dixonge Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:16 am

TOB is good for info, after you sort out the people who post their own incorrect opinions as fact.

IL is good for informed opinion.

IMHO, of course LOL
dixonge
dixonge

Back to top Go down

Post by cypress Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:49 pm

Both

cypress
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down