INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth

+10
raqueteer
espíritu del lago
martygraw
CanuckBob
mexrose
hound dog
MyHomeSweetHome
arbon
hockables
Chapalagringa
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth Empty Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:16 pm

I just had a 15 min. conversation with Jorge Avelar, who is associated with the
Presidente of Jocotepec. I asked him if there are police still in Joco; has
anyone been kidnapped and all of the other rumors I've heard.
He said the police are here, Commandante Osvaldo has been terminated and the new
Comm. used to be the Secretary for Jalisco.
NO ONE has been kidnapped from Joco except the man who was taken to Chapala,
where they had a shootout.
There was a man shot in the Joco plaza as he was trying to escape the
cartel....he drove from Mazamitla to Joco, where they found him.
So, rest at ease...these are all rumors...He also said "If everything I heard
was true, I would get my family out of here as soon as I could"....
He also added that they are 'sifting' thru the police department and getting rid
of anyone that is associated with the cartel.
So, PLEASE, get the truth before sending out false messages.

WOW! I think the problem here is thinking that one person will in fact clear the air? It appears Rose feels better now.

"NO ONE has been kidnapped from Joco except the man who was taken to Chapala,
where they had a shootout." How do you know that? There have been several sources reporting otherwise that the deceased's brother was also kidnapped. Speaking of Chapala, I was told of a total 4 which were kidnapped and murdered over the past few days in Chapala. However, I do wonder if the they are the same two being talked about twice.

"he drove from Mazamitla to Joco, where they found him." WHO found him??? The cartels & shot him dead? So that would confirm the shootout in the Malecon yesterday?

It sounds like all the rumors are true to me, but if Rose now feels better having gotten it all straightened out. Shocked I think she's in shock as well. The police were gone for 3 days with the doors shut and now they're back. It happened, wasn't a rumor.

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth Empty Re: Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:28 pm

sorry, I am tired of it and here I go rambling about it again.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth Empty Re: Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth

Post by hockables Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:35 pm

There are Those Who Make Things Happen

Those Who Watch Things Happen Beer

and Those Who Just Wonder What Happened

personally.... I like ta watch
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:40 pm

¿So are you just looking at the pics in your avatar?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:45 pm

arbon wrote:¿So are you just looking at the pics in your avatar?
lol!

Isn't it a great day not to be a narco??? UGH! What a horrible lifestyle!

Well, I'm feeling better having aired out all that trash. It's about 3 p.m. about time to make myself productive, no?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:52 pm

no dude... things gotta move ta be interesting....

I used ta like hav'n a few cold ones up top at The Thirsty Turtle... great spot... lots of movement....

Itch said same thing bout another place.... gonna hafta give it a try....

Fellas doin the shooting I'm sure have enough class not ta Shoot a Gringo while he's Sitt'n Hav'n A Cold One...
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MyHomeSweetHome Tue Jul 26, 2011 2:56 pm

What are drawing in your avatar pic hocks? A treasure map from florida to the corona factory in Chapala?

MyHomeSweetHome
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:01 pm

My daughter's Passport Application.... Cup O Coffee and Kitty...

I like that picture ....It was a nice day....
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:44 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:
He said the police are here, Commandante Osvaldo has been terminated and the new
Comm. used to be the Secretary for Jalisco.
So, rest at ease...these are all rumors...He also said "If everything I heard
was true, I would get my family out of here as soon as I could"....
He also added that they are 'sifting' thru the police department and getting rid
So, PLEASE, get the truth before sending out false messages.

WOW! I think the problem here is thinking that one person will in fact clear the air? It appears Rose feels better now.

Yes, Chapalagringa, it does appear Rose feels much better now. Dawg knows her source and he´s a nice guy but I can tell you after living here at Lakeside and in Chiapas for over ten years, that if one waits to fully understand and comprehend the "truth" in Mexico before sending out messages, one will never be sending any messages. The "truth" in Chiapas is even more complicated. Remember that famous Japanese movie the name of which I have forgotten where seven direct witnesses to a murder all told different versions of the precise same event by coloring their eyewitness accounts with their own different perspectives?

I am reminded of David Crosby´s remark that if you remembered the 60s you weren´t there. Well, it seems to Dawg that if you think you discern the unfettered truth in Mexico then you aren´t here.

Incidntally, judging by the accolades Rose received from several forum participants for that lame assertion about "the truth" on TOB, I´d say they aren´t flying too high over there.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Rose on TOB: Dispelling the Rumors about Jocotepec THIS is the Truth Empty It's me, the truth monger....

Post by mexrose Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:04 pm

This is Rose, if ya'll are so upset about what you 'hear' is going on, I suggest you pack your bags, your pets, your possessions and head for the border....NO, WAIT! You'll be raped, pillaged, carjacked and burned before you get there. I've been here for almost 20 yrs. I move freely around here and there, I've not seen any masked men w/guns at the plaza in Joco, call me stupid, naive, feeling better, whatever! Ya'll need to take some ExLax and get the S**T removed from your system.
However, if you're dealing in drugs, or stolen items, etc., you may be in trouble.
Let's think about this instead of name calling: The problems are WITH the locals (i.e., Mexicanos), have you heard of a gringo/a being kidnapped; dismembered; or any other horrible atrocity? Now, what have you got to say to me.....

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:21 pm

taking care is all common sense really....

Last edited by hockables on Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:29 pm

Uptight? Didn't it feel good to let that all go here? You'd be banned on TOB.

Could you be so kind to clarify if the guy who traveled from M to J yesterday, if he was shot by the cartels or police and was it in the plaza or the malecon?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by arbon Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:40 pm

mexrose wrote:This is Rose, if ya'll are so upset about what you 'hear' is going on, I suggest you pack your bags, your pets, your possessions and head for the border....NO, WAIT! You'll be raped, pillaged, carjacked and burned before you get there. I've been here for almost 20 yrs. I move freely around here and there, I've not seen any masked men w/guns at the plaza in Joco, call me stupid, naive, feeling better, whatever! Ya'll need to take some ExLax and get the S**T removed from your system.
However, if you're dealing in drugs, or stolen items, etc., you may be in trouble.
Let's think about this instead of name calling: The problems are WITH the locals (i.e., Mexicanos), have you heard of a gringo/a being kidnapped; dismembered; or any other horrible atrocity? Now, what have you got to say to me.....

Rose, Posted Today, 11:47 AM
He said the police are here, Commandante Osvaldo has been terminated

¿Hi Rose, Had the police been away from Joco', for many days?
arbon
arbon
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Humour

Back to top Go down

Post by mexrose Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:48 pm

Nope, they were always there.....

taking care IS really all common sense, thanks....

It was not yesterday that the man was shot in the plaza.....it was while I was still in EC...and I returned on July 9.....he was shot by the cartel that were chasing him...a few bad guys after another....

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:04 pm

Oh, I see...the police office was just closed for 3 days. Which wasn't a bad idea.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mexrose Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:11 pm

Why don't you do the "dickless tracey" work now since you know so much, Chapalagringa????

mexrose

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:12 pm

Hmm, this story is making less sense.

No one was kidnapped except the guy from Joco who was taken to the Chapala shootout that was found in a bag in Joco...and there was a man shot in the Joco plaza but that didn't happen yesterday but while you were in EC(whatever that is?) before July 9th? Are you sure you're the same Rose from TOB?

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:15 pm

mexrose wrote:Why don't you do the "dickless tracey" work now since you know so much, Chapalagringa????

Doesn't your two wheeler need an adjustment?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:18 pm

The kidnappings and firefight in Chapala happened many weeks ago. We all heard about that and it was all over the media. This is all about the latest happenings. I think you are confusing the two events Chapalagringa.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:05 pm

No I'm not. Simpca's friends wrote of a man being shot yesterday & gunmen in the joco plaza and joco malecon.

I was on FB & on the phone with eye witnesses hunkered down in their houses during the 1st recent Chapala shootout a few houses from el presidente when his relative was murdered and heard and saw myself the Chapala shootout around he bullring a couple of weeks ago. After that the narco banners went up in both Chapala and Joco threatening los presidentes.

I'd like to straighten out the past few days if possible. I know a man was picked up and a narco lab found. Maybe all the Joco police were at the narco lab for 3 days? I have friends, eye witnesses, who live near the Joco plaza the heart of the activity, who have told me about things happening. The police office was closed for three days while narcos put up banners threatening the police. Narco banners said women & children are to stay off of the streets and if police was seen around narcos would start shooting people. They demand that there is no movement after 11 p.m. Or they'll shoot people. Not bad they closed the police office because they're out manned. Friend said in our last conversation Sunday that an authority was suppose to be arriving to help but didn't know when. Appears they arrived yesterday.

Now today Rose says the police chief was replaced. Well, much is happening...we're ok and I'm getting lost in this crazy story. Time to check out. I'm no expert and frankly tired of the whole thing. It's overcast here but that's just a rumor because you can't see my sky.

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:35 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added eyewitnesses)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm

I have lived in Jocotepec for the past 8 years and I think Chapalagringa dosen't know her ass from a hole in the ground. Mexrose: "YOU GO GIRL"
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:10 pm

You can be in denial if you want. More power to ya!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:16 pm

More options Jul 23, 3:44 pm
OK. Here is what I amTOLD about the situation. Genaro's son, who was opening the new abarrotes/mini super across from the Oxxo on the carretera going in to Joco was kidnapped a couple of weeks ago and (possibly) found in a closet in one of the houses involved in the shoot out in Chapala. The family had been asked for a random of 7 million pesos, but only paid half. (Keep this in mind as I continue.) The son was released, the store closed, and he hasn't been seen since. On Thursday Genaro's son (Genaro, by the way runs an abarrotes store in Joco, more about this later) was taking his car for repairs to Ochoa's Garage on the carretera in the late afternoon and was picked up and kidnapped in front of Ochoa's. The family store has been closed since then, as far as I know. Genaro is wealthy because he buys "hot" goods from people who rob truckers carrying cargo at a reduced price, according to local gossip. (Mexican) His daughter was married to a narco. And
when the husband was presented with the choice of keeping his wife or being a narco he chose the narco route and he and his wife divorced, for what that is all worth.

Bottom line: both sons have been kidnapped in the last couple of weeks for ransom. Gossip aside, it is not a pretty picture.
Georgia Nucci

Gentleman was found in bag a few weeks ago after the shootout in Joco. He'd finally decided he wanted to get out. It was in the Mexican noticias.

simpsca posted yesterday, and frankly, I have a hunkerin that it's true. Why would someone, or better yet two someones, make that up?:

A friend just emailed me the following so this is second hand but the boy went by past her with this message. Friend I wouldn't be going into Jocotopec today just in case:

A boy went through Roca Azul today ringing the
bell on his bicycle and warning people not to go into Jocotopec
today. That there are men with guns there and one man dead.

This from another friend who lives in Jocotopec:

I heard about this, and also heard that several trucks carrying heavily armed narcos paraded to the malecon and scared the people...everyone running, etc. And I heard that a man was shot in the little village behind the IMSS office, don't know the name.

From what Rose was writing earlier today,
I was trying to fit into these posts from yesterday, which makes perfectly good sense.

What was new information was,
Comm. used to be the Secretary for Jalisco. He also added that they are 'sifting' thru the police department and getting rid

What I don't agree with is
only because it's just not true. Remember what the retired lawyer, a reputable source, who speaks very good Spanish wrote a few days ago.
Bottom line: both sons have been kidnapped in the last couple of weeks for ransom.

I had also been trying to figure out what BigMouth from TOB meant by their post yesterday:

Well the troops for the bad guys have come, done their bad work and have left. And the Joco Police have now come back to work. Yes the office is open today.. To check out the accuracy of this story simply check with the Spanish speaking community of Joco or if you dare, ask a police officer. Luckily we, the retired readers, are not the targets of these incursions.

Let's hope this doesn't happen again

Only thinking how my eyewitness friend who lives in Joco, told me Sunday night that they had been told and were waiting from some higher authority to come and help. Wondering if the new comandante is this person or "the troops" ?? Who were the troops? the cartels? federalis? the marines? idk.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 am

Wondering if the new comandante is this person or "the troops" ?? Who were the troops? the cartels? federalis? the marines? idk.
And, the answer is
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:38 am

FWIW, I've been here for 12 years, speak Spanish quite fluently, and frankly I have heard more stories blown all out of proportion than I care to count. This would include reports from the media NOB. The Canadian newspapers chose to lump several deaths together for many months after they had happened. They were not connected, did not happen in the same locations, and two of the deaths were caused by kids getting drunk or high on holidays. The cause of death for one (hit by a car while drunk)was confirmed by both the Canadian and Mexican pathologists. This, of course was not reported in the paper.
Here in Mexico, I once heard that a local business owner had been shot and or stabbed, there were bad guys running all over the neighborhood, and one was left hanging in a tree. The actual fact of the matter was that the bomberos were doing a simulation as part of their training. Nothing happened.
The simple fact is this. You cannot try to fit together bad information and attempt to make any kind of sense out of conflicting reports.
Unless you speak reasonably good Spanish, whatever the maid, or gardener or their relatives say is not going to mean jack squat to you. Crime scenes, or criminal activities don't translate well through hand gestures and a few words.
Seems to me that nobody who actually lives in Jocotepec has come on here to either confirm or refute the claims being made. There are no eyewitness reports, nothing in the papers other than the meth lab, and yes, the Chapala incident was duly reported in the papers as well. There are not even any photos taken on cell phone cameras. Certainly if all this were true some enterprising person would have photos plastered all over the internet by now. Where are the pictures of the banners?
Time to put this to bed until further information comes out, or not.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next