INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting with Transitos

+12
Clueless
Smartalex
MexECO Tours
gringal
Defarge
sampati
Bill Phillips
SunFan
slainte39
Trailrunner
addtocart
CanuckBob
16 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Meeting with Transitos Empty Meeting with Transitos

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:48 am

I got this from Harry.

Monday there was a meeting with the state sub director of Mobilidad. State traffic.

His main points were:

1. They look out for 5 items - seat belts, alcohol, cell phone use, children under 12 not in child seats, and motorcycle helmets. (His words not mine)

2. They went over the alcohol limits. When stopped if you blow .25 - .40 you get a fine $10500p. At .41 and up the car is impounded and the fine goes up and time in the drunk tank go up. They try to impound near the test site depending on if they have a local contract with a local tow company. There is no contract in Chapala.

3. LCS can contract to issue driver license renewals. Ben White , LCS pres. said they would also look into possibly also issuing handicap stickers. 

4. They said that the state traffic officers were going to patrol the state roads and the Transito Municipal would patrol the villages. At present the local traffic officers do not have authority to issue tickets. This may be settled by december. 

5. A member of the audience came prepared with various postings and facebook items about the state officer known as El Gordo.  These were delivered to the state officials.

6. In no case are golf carts and ATVs legal to drive on any streets.

7. I asked Terry Vidal if a meeting could be scheduled with the state and municipal commandantes in order to clarify their relative duties.

Dale Palfrey was at the meeting and asked more questions after. There will be a forthcoming article in the Guad Reporter.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Meeting with Transitos Empty Re: Meeting with Transitos

Post by addtocart Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:14 am

1. They look out for 5 items - seat belts, alcohol, cell phone use, children under 12 not in child seats, and motorcycle helmets. (His words not mine)

Toddlers sandwiched between two adults on a motorcycle is common.  Once I saw two adults, two small children, and infant in its mothers arms, and a medium sized dog, all on one of those grocery store bikes.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:24 am

6. In no case are golf carts and ATVs legal to drive on any streets.

Wow. No quads on any streets, we will see how this shakes out. And we know that rules here are just that and that enforcement is a concept - and just that. This will be interesting.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:32 am

I even saw a transito around the LCS yesterday. I have never seen a transito down in the village before. Great place for a golf cart sting.......jaja. Hopefully they also nail the ones that impede traffic by parking 3 feet from the curb or too close to the corner.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:49 am

State traffic control. . .that means Joco municipality too. Where every other vehicle is a quad with 16 people on it. Wow. Vamos a ver.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:55 am

addtocart wrote:1. They look out for 5 items - seat belts, alcohol, cell phone use, children under 12 not in child seats, and motorcycle helmets. (His words not mine)

Toddlers sandwiched between two adults on a motorcycle is common.  Once I saw two adults, two small children, and infant in its mothers arms, and a medium sized dog, all on one of those grocery store bikes.

Once?????
Those other 5 items happen much more frequently.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:56 am

CanuckBob wrote:I even saw a transito around the LCS yesterday. I have never seen a transito down in the village before. Great place for a golf cart sting.......jaja. Hopefully they also nail the ones that impede traffic by parking 3 feet from the curb or too close to the corner.

A double amen.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:11 am

I predict this will all vigorously happen through the high season and holidays - thereby accomplishing several goals - but will disappear come spring and village life will return to normal.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by SunFan Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:48 am

Note the Mexican system of determining intoxication uses a different scales than we're used to in the US and Canada.

I believe the Mexican cutoff level of .41 is equivalent to our .05. I'm used to .08 from my time in Ontario so its more restrictive.

SunFan
SunFan
SunFan
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : None....no I'm joking.

Back to top Go down

Post by Bill Phillips Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:14 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I even saw a transito around the LCS yesterday. I have never seen a transito down in the village before. Great place for a golf cart sting.......jaja. Hopefully they also nail the ones that impede traffic by parking 3 feet from the curb or too close to the corner.
The meeting that Harry was talking about was at noon to 2 PM at LCS.  The reason for the Transitos being there was that the Super Jeje was there.
Bill Phillips
Bill Phillips
Share Holder
Share Holder

Location : Trent Lakes Ont. in the summer - Chula Vista in the winter

Back to top Go down

Post by sampati Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:45 am

addtocart wrote:1. They look out for 5 items - seat belts, alcohol, cell phone use, children under 12 not in child seats, and motorcycle helmets. (His words not mine)

I once saw a pickup truck in Chapala with a family in the bed of the truck around a LIT charcoal grill, grilling, as they were going through town. Makes children under 12 not in child seats look like a joke.
sampati
sampati
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:15 am

I believe the seat belt law only applies to the front seats. The back seats and box of the pickup would be exempt?

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:42 am

Hmmm, I think the law applies to everywhere in the vehicle but they turn a blind eye to the back of pickups because it is often the only transportation for poor folks, especially in rural areas.

Somebody else might know more about this. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Defarge Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:18 am

You could all take a knee at the next event where the Mexican National anthem is played. It's a start.
Defarge
Defarge
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:36 am

hahahaha
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 am

Defarge wrote:You could all take a knee at the next event where the Mexican National anthem is played. It's a start.

Those who can still bend a knee, anyway.

One of my favorite sightems are the pickup trucks with the cops in the bed, standing.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by MexECO Tours Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:50 am

3. LCS can contract to issue driver license renewals. Ben White , LCS pres. said they would also look into possibly also issuing handicap stickers.  As far as I know a sticker doesn't mean much, you have to apply for an official disabled licence plate which has the wheelchair symbol stamped into the metal. Granted a lot of people use the sticker and get away with it, but if the official wanted to you can get a ticket for just displaying a sticker and nothing more official.

6. In no case are golf carts and ATVs legal to drive on any streets. - Are you guys up in lakeside not allowed to licence your ATV's? I have one here in Melaque with a Jalisco issued plate and registration. As long as you wear a helmet you can go on the roads no problem.
MexECO Tours
MexECO Tours

http://www.mex-ecotours.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:04 am

The jury is out on that question. Previously they said they would allow licensed golf carts and atv's on the back roads within the villages but recently they have stated that none of them are legal anywhere.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:04 am

MexECO Tours wrote:3. LCS can contract to issue driver license renewals. Ben White , LCS pres. said they would also look into possibly also issuing handicap stickers.  As far as I know a sticker doesn't mean much, you have to apply for an official disabled licence plate which has the wheelchair symbol stamped into the metal. Granted a lot of people use the sticker and get away with it, but if the official wanted to you can get a ticket for just displaying a sticker and nothing more official.

6. In no case are golf carts and ATVs legal to drive on any streets. - Are you guys up in lakeside not allowed to licence your ATV's? I have one here in Melaque with a Jalisco issued plate and registration. As long as you wear a helmet you can go on the roads no problem.

Most businesses with private parking lots, such as Costco, large malls, and others, will not boot you out of handicap parking spaces for not having the "official state license plate", when all you have is the window sticker.  In fact, many will let you use them, if you are only of the "tercer edad".  I doubt Transito would give a ticket to anyone on public streets using a handicap space, getting out a vehicle using a wheelchair, with or without any display of handicap.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Smartalex Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:07 pm

Trailrunner wrote:Hmmm, I think the law applies to everywhere in the vehicle but they turn a blind eye to the back of pickups because it is often the only transportation for poor folks, especially in rural areas.

Somebody else might know more about this. . .

I think passengers in the truck bed are required to be seated...at least that helps in preventing them from falling off into the roadway. In rural areas, farm workers are often loaded into truck beds and delivered to the fields without much consideration for this requirement.
Smartalex
Smartalex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:50 pm

If I can't drive my ATV on the streets, why do I have to license it?

A lot of Mexicans drive ATVs and it's the only way they get around.

So is this actually law now?

as said; enforcement is another question.

And is an ATV any more dangerous than one of those plastic scooters that zip in and out of traffic?

Oh yes, and how about the major stores that sell ATVs?

Is this for Jalisco or ???
Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:40 am

ATV's are built for off road purposes. They usually even have a sticker on them that says just that.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sunnyvmx Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:49 am

And golf carts were built for golf courses. And maybe for The Villages in Florida.
Sunnyvmx
Sunnyvmx
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Lots of it

Back to top Go down

Post by Clueless Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:35 am

None of the above about what the ATV and gold cart were built for touches real-World here.

There are lots of ATV here owned and used by Mexicans. So what's going to be the enforcement in Chapala?

And what is the motor vehicle code covering a violation? What is the fine?

Most iikely pay the fine on the spot?

Clueless
Clueless
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:54 am

Clueless, can you honestly say that you've had any contact with the 'real-World' in the last decade? I thought not. ...also you might want to lookup what a tu quoque fallacy is.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next