INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area

+5
Jim W
Hensley
CanuckBob
simpsca
Chapalagringa
9 posters

Go down

Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area Empty Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:17 am

2:04 a.m. 4 shots startle me awake. Several more after that maybe 6. My hearts pounding out of my chest. I hear another, they may not be done. Hope they're shooting at road signs. I can hear cars on the carretera. Another pop. 2:10 a.m. I hear voices & wish it were a nose whistle. Dang it! I'm not calling the police but hope someone will. 2:13 a.m. That wasn't cool. I'm not going out to look. Time to pee. I'll probably regret writing this later. No sirens.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area Empty Re: Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:18 am

Just heard another 2:18 now a big vehicle zooming by
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area Empty Re: Shots heard, I'm awake! Upper Chapala area

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:20 am

Another 2:19 time to pray no?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:53 am

2:52 another shot afar...
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:03 am

What a terrible way to spend your night!
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:47 am

My poor heart. We'll probably never hear a word about it anywhere else. The first shots where very close and then where down the hill, could have been by Soriana or off the libramiento. At first there was quite a bit of traffic on the carretera and then very quiet like normal.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:50 am

Any chance it was kids with cohotes?
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:12 am

no, they had to have been hand guns, wish they were cohotes. This was popping, not the BOOM of a cohote. That's why I'm hoping they were shooting at road signs or something. Crazies. I'm sure most people slept right through it, especially if they take out their hearing aids. Maybe I'll start sleeping with ear plugs again. It's so quiet up here. Bad guys aren't after us, so why lose sleep over it?

Last Sunday, in the wee a.m. some Mexican walked through our area and 'cleansed' it. They were shooting in the air with a rifle spaced out but not cohotes.

During the bullring shootout, I'd hoped it was cohotes and fireworks :(
That sounded like a war! Semi autos, eKK! We can hear grenades up here. I was bbqing when that went off at el comendante's house a while back. I was like, what was that?? being it was the first one ever to go off in Chapala, that I know of.

No coffee for me this morning, heart's stimulated enough. I'm drinking chamimile tea.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:35 am

We have friends who live near el presidente's house in Chapala. Friend said they heard about 4 shots around 10 p.m. last night. They couldn't tell from which direction it came from. I thought maybe they heard the fainter shots I heard and could say if they were from Chapala towards Soriana but they slept through it and didn't hear anything. They also mentioned they can now tell the difference from fireworks. Maybe there will be something in the news since there was a little activity last night. Probably a good idea not to be out driving around after dark again for awhile, at least for my house.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:47 am

Well not to minimize your report, I'm sure there are some neighborhoods in New York, Detroit, LA, etc. where gun shots would occur nightly and nobody would give a crap. The local Chapala Policia are probably aware that this could also be a diversionary tactic to draw them away from somewhere else.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:01 pm

It was probably like sleeping in downtown L.A. or Spanish Harlem for a night. They could have been shooting road signs for all we know.

We love it here and there's no plans of moving, just working around the problems as they come and go.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:13 pm

It's all part of the adventure and something that we can't wait to experience full-time (not necessarily any gunshots but the overall culture and atmosphere...LOL). I remember one time I was staying right across from the Policia in Chapala and some kids (or RB) set off a string of cohotes at about 2:00am. I thought the station was under siege. I almost crapped my pants.......but still laugh about it and tell the story.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:42 pm

hahhahaha! Thanks, I feel better now for saying I wanted to pee. Very Happy

Those things startle my heart, one of the reasons I disliked living in the village. We can still hear them up here from the Chapala malecon but they are much quieter. It's still possible to see the good fireworks. Gotta love the hills of Chapala!!! mariachi

Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:38 pm

CanuckBob wrote:It's all part of the adventure and something that we can't wait to experience full-time (not necessarily any gunshots but the overall culture and atmosphere...LOL). I remember one time I was staying right across from the Policia in Chapala and some kids (or RB) set off a string of cohotes at about 2:00am. I thought the station was under siege. I almost crapped my pants.......but still laugh about it and tell the story.

JAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJAJA!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:00 pm

Back in 1983 I was working a trade show In San Fransisco......eating dinner with a group of people......during the China town fiasco...ak47 gunfire everywhere....enjoyed our dinner went home.....I wonder if this was posted on the USA web.....LMAO......don't worry be happy, and above all VIGILANT. :38 Smokealot Beer
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:09 am

There is an expression in French about this kind of commentary: " making your own cinema".
Typical of old ladies trying to make their lifes lives sound interesting! Most of them die of fright, be careful it is a dangerous pastime!
Vichil
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:17 pm

Well said round man.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 pm

martygraw wrote:Well said round man.

I don´t know Marty. Since Poster Vichil is my wife and we are in what I thought was a more-or-less traditional heterosexual relationship, I am surprised that you address her as "round man". Maybe Dawg has been living a modern day version of M. Butterfly and all these years Dawg has been living a fantasy sex life with another guy. If so, it has been fun and, what the hell, its too late to change now and I wouldn´t know where to start anyway. Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by saege007 Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:25 pm

I was working in Philadelphia on South Street in 1994 when a Greek Week shootout occurred (with automatic machine gun fire) just three doors down on the corner. We were stuck in our store for many hours waiting for the riot to disperse.

I also regularly heard gunfire in my neighborhood in North Minneapolis last summer, and my neighborhood in South Minneapolis the summer before.
saege007
saege007
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Hearing hand guns, semi automatic weapons and grenades is still a relatively new thing in our neck of the woods. As we grow accustomed to the noise, we'll be better able to block out the noise and continue to live unscathed as the rest of you.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:01 pm

Chapalagringa wrote:Hearing hand guns, semi automatic weapons and grenades is still a relatively new thing in our neck of the woods. As we grow accustomed to the noise, we'll be better able to block out the noise and continue to live unscathed as the rest of you.

Try watching Television during an Artillery Barrage... ya can't tell if'n its Hollywood or the Neighbors Down The Street!!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:08 pm

Oh well, we were when we missed the first half of the night. I'll take leaving the tv on all night into consideration.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down