INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

+7
Carry Bean
ltollefs
dixonge
addtocart
CanuckBob
merry
JayBear
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group Empty Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

Post by JayBear Thu Mar 22, 2018 3:19 pm

Have a friend who would like to go to their meeting BUT no indication WHERE the meeting is being held. Meeting is scheduled for the first Wed. of the month at 1:30. Can anyone help?

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group Empty Re: Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

Post by merry Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:45 pm

Accidental Death & Dismemberment?

merry
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group Empty Re: Multi-Tasking Amigos AD&D support group

Post by JayBear Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:32 pm

Aha--I wrote that wrong! My friend was looking for info on a meeting re: Attention Deficit Disorder. Fortunately, I got an answer from another source.

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:31 am

Hahaha....attention deficit disorder. Prior to the late 1980's they used to spank it out of you.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:02 am

CanuckBob wrote:Hahaha....attention deficit disorder. Prior to the late 1980's they used to spank it out of you.
Effective, and a good cardio-vascular exercise.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 am

Yep.....now they just write a prescription and hope for the best.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dixonge Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:13 am

CanuckBob wrote:Hahaha....attention deficit disorder. Prior to the late 1980's they used to spank it out of you.

I know you're just kinda/sorta joking, but this is an actual, bonafide condition involving the frontal precortex part of the brain. Spanking never fixed it. Also, leeches and blood-letting never fixed diseases Very Happy
dixonge
dixonge

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:47 pm

dixonge wrote:

I know you're just kinda/sorta joking, but this is an actual, bonafide condition involving the frontal precortex part of the brain. Spanking never fixed it. Also, leeches and blood-letting never fixed diseases Very Happy

I agree with your assessment, however, I have it on good authority that drinking carefully pre-packaged doses of pure water will cure just about anything. Apparently, the more expensive, the better. Modern medical science is a wonder, isn't it?
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:22 pm

dixonge wrote:

True but it has also been known to be over diagnosed and the drugs have been over prescribed.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:44 am

Plus, it's an excellent source of cardio-vascular exercise.
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:08 am

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/the-addictive-drug-everyone-is-taking/ar-BBOuylS?li=BBnb7Kz

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:10 am

About 5 years ago I was working in ICU and it was a very hectic day.  This nurse working alongside me asked me if I was taking adderall. I was surprised with the question. She said she was taking it and so were a few other nurses there. She said it made the day much more pleasant.  That’s when I realized how common the problem was.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:06 pm

That’s frightening.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:08 pm

https://www.webmd.com/drugs/2/drug-63163/adderall-oral/details/list-sideeffects

What kind of brave new world is developing where people take such drugs so that they can "keep up with the competition"??
Scary as hell!!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Multi-tasking is a learned or acquired skill. You learn to concentrate while at the same time suppressing extraneous thoughts and keeping calm. You also learn how to shift across different tasks.  I see adderall as a crutch which can destabilize everything at any given moment.  How can you be sure your skills will persist once the adderall effect is gone?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:44 pm

Jreboll wrote:Multi-tasking is a learned or acquired skill. You learn to concentrate while at the same time suppressing extraneous thoughts and keeping calm. You also learn how to shift across different tasks.  I see adderall as a crutch which can destabilize everything at any given moment.  How can you be sure your skills will persist once the adderall effect is gone?

Anyone who's ever functioned as a "mom" has had to be a multi-tasker, whether she was ready or not. Back in the olden days, moms didn't have Adderall for a crutch. How DID we all somehow cope?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Oct 19, 2018 4:24 pm

“Back in the old days” the pressure and stresses of everyday life were not like they are now. And, even back then we ALL did not cope. I knew women absolutely lost in the chaos of their lives. Most of them could put on a happy face when required and pretend they were just fine. But, behind closed doors, they definitely were not.
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 19, 2018 5:24 pm

"“Back in the old days” the pressure and stresses of everyday life were not like they are now. "
That depended entirely on one's circumstances. In cases I was very familiar with, the pressure and stresses were as bad as it gets. Of course we put on happy faces and didn't mean it, but we generally didn't become drug addicts, either. That was my point; not that everything was just fine.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:26 pm

And her I thought valium was the drug of choice for housewives in the 60's and 70's......

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:45 pm

CanuckBob wrote:And her I thought valium was the drug of choice for housewives in the 60's and 70's......

People I hung out with in the 60's weren't drugging themselves to get through the day, and I didn't know anyone who had the leisure to be a "housewife". Most were working full time and coping with kids as well. Maybe I didn't know the right people, eh?

By the time the 70's hit, Valium was starting to be more popular, along with every other drug known to man. It's a bit difficult to hold down a heavy duty full time job while drugged, though. Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:49 am

gringal wrote:It's a bit difficult to hold down a heavy duty full time job while drugged, though. Suspect

Doesn't seem to stop Trump...…... Beer

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:10 am

CanuckBob wrote:
gringal wrote:It's a bit difficult to hold down a heavy duty full time job while drugged, though. Suspect

Doesn't seem to stop Trump...…... Beer

I don't think drugs are his problem, and who says he's doing the job?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by addtocart Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:39 am

gringal wrote:
Jreboll wrote:Multi-tasking is a learned or acquired skill. You learn to concentrate while at the same time suppressing extraneous thoughts and keeping calm. You also learn how to shift across different tasks.  I see adderall as a crutch which can destabilize everything at any given moment.  How can you be sure your skills will persist once the adderall effect is gone?

Anyone who's ever functioned as a "mom" has had to be a multi-tasker, whether she was ready or not.  Back in the olden days, moms didn't have Adderall for a crutch.  How DID we all somehow cope?
lol!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mother%27s_Little_Helper
addtocart
addtocart
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:29 am

I should have specified that I was talking about working women who were also mothers.  My error.  The song you linked to was talking about housewives. I think the songwriters were also well acquainted with drugs and drug users. Very Happy

The point: if so many people are using Adderall, shame on the doctors who are writing the prescriptions for their deluded patients.  What a sad society has developed. I think expectations may be part of the problem. Going back a generation or two, the majority of women expected a much harder life than the norm today. Nobody claims they were happy with carrying their load.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:46 am

Gringal, Chris Hedges' latest book, America: The Farewell Tour, does, in part, look at the current opoid crisis and the role the pharmaceutical companies played in it's creation. I'm only a third the way through but based on what I've read thus far, I recommend it.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next