INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES

+10
oncesubtle
johninajijic
Intercasa
Parker
ferret
borderreiver
gringal
Chapalagringa
simpsca
Jim W
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES Empty FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:42 pm

Smokealot Buyer beware....I purchased a new 6 burner gas stove with glass top cover and broiler, from Home Depot.
the first time I used back burners, the hinges that hold the top melted....glass had to be removed. Purchased @ home depot......9000 pesos.
I had to pay 250 pesos to fix, plus provide Factura....3weeks old. 3 months later used the oven, and the face of controls were to hot to touch...realizing oven door wasn't properly sealed.....called for service again. FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 18717 The Bosch technicians showed up, advised that the wrong hinges were installed from factory, that it will cost 1200 pesos to replace hinges on this piece of shit product, FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 850219 They took our oven door for repair of manufacture defect......must wait one week for return. FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 850219 FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 18717 FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 501432 To Bosch....a german product manufactured to Mexican standards. The grills in the oven are so soft they flex with a tray of Lasanga.

This was a gift to my wife....Im am now the bad guy.....LOL FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 477249
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES Empty Re: FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:56 pm

I had some friends who lived here and their new house came with a new Bosch stove. The oven never worked properly - electronic control would turn off before food was cooked. They could not get the repairman out from Guadalajara - because it came with the house they had no factura so they wouldn't fix the stove. No local repairman could fix it either. I bought a new 3,500 peso Acros - Mexican made -- and it works like a dream. I wonder if Bosh knows what kind of stove they are selling under their name in Mexico.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES Empty Re: FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:01 pm

We bought a new Whirlpool range from Tio Sams 1.5 years ago. Sounds like you had the same unit I did. It was horrible and oh the woes. Oven wasn't properly sealed. Dangerously hot to the touch. The handles and clock started to crack and break. They replaced the unit with a new one. Second unit was no different. Tech came out and replaced seal w/a larger rubber seal but it wasn't long enough. After a few months the clock and handles were breaking so we returned the unit and bought a GE Profile. I couldn't be happier. I'm an avid cook, wanna be gourmet chef, you can tell by looking at me...hah! I decided to listen to Claudia at Tio Sams when we bought our dishwasher, we bought a Bosch. I couldn't be happier.

Now today my mother told me that her 2 year old Whirlpool washing machine is broken. It has all the bells and whistles. Appliances aren't made to last anymore. Maytag was boughten out by Whirlpool. Bosch, are known for their dishwashers and this is the first I've ever heard about a stove.

What name brand are we consumers suppose to buy? GE Profile is suppose to be a good brand. We have a GE Profile range and refrigerator, both boughten at Tio Sams. Soon we'll be looking at a new washer & dryer as my son wants to take mine when he gets married. I thought it was a good idea since I'd like a more efficient & modern model. Now I don't know what brand to get!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:05 pm

I've had really good luck with a Mexican brand named Mabe - both stove in my prior house and refrigerator now - first rate and no problems.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:13 pm

simpsca wrote:I've had really good luck with a Mexican brand named Mabe - both stove in my prior house and refrigerator now - first rate and no problems.

Wow! Glad they work for you!!! The first fridge we bought here new, 2004, was a Mabe, made by GE. It was a smaller unit as we didn't plan on staying in Mexico for very long. We had all kinds of problems with it leaking. Also had their ranges, ours had no thermostat, the oven didn't stay regulated. If you're not baking it makes a great storage closet. Very Happy
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:46 pm

I thought there was security in buying german label....Bosch.....Nada...piece of shit and warranty sucks
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:07 pm

...and here I thought I wasn't getting "the best" when I didn't go for the extra cost of Bosch appliances. Thank the fates! cheers

When we remodeled the kitchen three years ago, we went over to Tio Sam and bought a very heavy duty burner Mabe cooktop. Love it. No rocking and rolling. We bought the GE Profile built in oven. had some problems, but they fixed it and it's been chugging along perfectly ever since. No problems with the Whirlpool dishwasher either: the simple model.
Tio Sams was good about the warranty work, too. Plus, they gave us 8% discount for using cash instead of credit cards. They said it takes a long, long time to go through the system and get their money with credit cards.

So much for the Bosch reputation. Sorry to hear about your hassle. Evil or Very Mad

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:17 pm

Guess who makes those GE products. It's MABE.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Well maybe I got lucky, no problems with any of my Mexican stoves or refrigerators - Acros or Mabe.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:09 pm

I've also had great success with Mabe products...i.e. fridges and stoves.

The fridge was the Mabe Turbo twist.

Perhaps it depends on which day the appliance is "born"...like NOT on a Tuesday after a holiday weekend. Quien sabe?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:02 pm

Perhaps it depends on which day the appliance is "born"...like NOT on a Tuesday after a holiday weekend. Quien sabe?
lol!

We're not having problems with the GE Profile.

That Whirlpool range was junk. Sure was a nice looking range but as Jim's Bosch has rickety racks so did this piece. I lost my lasagna! Not only that but used a "pyrex" casserole dish and it exploded in the oven the first try! Nice way to get familiar with the new oven! FACTURAS IN MEXICO.....BOSCH APPLIANCES 374777 I took things apart to clean it and found out just how flimsy that piece is. I think the child's Easy Bake Oven would be more durable.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:32 pm

I wonder if there's a mx version of "Cosumer's Reports"? This site is one, in a way. I won't pay Sears prices but if you can find out who's supplying their " brand name appliances" on a given year they're usually a safish bet. Oh, did I hear Mabe?
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:54 am

We bought GE stove, refrigerator and dishwasher from Tio Sam’s, about 4 years ago, still working fine. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:55 am

When a brand sounds like an insult "OH, BOSH".....what can we expect?

But then, there is a brand that can, if mispronounced" sound like an expression of uncertainty: "Maybe".

They have this problem in Japan naming car models. Some are pretty strange, if not hilarious. I am wondering about my Honda FIT. Just barely, for some of the really big people.

And finally, how about a "SMART" car?
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:02 pm

Facturas in Mexico are unlike anything most people are familiar with.

In the US, people can use a napkin, register tape or any sort of receipt to deduct expenses on their taxes. In Mexico there is an official "Factura" that is the only valid recipt for tax purposes. It will have the name of the buyer and seller, their addresses as well as the tax ID number of the seller and usually of the buyer (most cases). You'll see the insignia of hacienda (tax agency on it) or if it is an electronic factura you'll see a "sello digital".

Facturas are required for all warranty services (but when I went for warranty service to my Honda dealer they didn't make me do it).

Facturas also prove ownership especially with vehicles as their is no title system here in Mexico and if you lose your factura you cannot get another one. With a lost factura you cannot sell your vehicle, it doesn't matter if the registration and license plates are in your name and you have a copy. You need to do a court action and pay thousands of pesos to get an order where you have posessory rights.

A lost factura is more of a pain in the a$$ than a lost passport so keep your facturas in SAFER places than your passport!
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:09 pm

To All: Our house here in Los Arroyops Sur was built in 2001, so we've lived in it for 10 years. I wanted and have GE Profile appliances that we like. They're 10 years old (25 cu ft fridge and dishwasher). We like GE Profile very much. Last year we replaced the Icemaker. This year we replace the prined circuit board for the dishwasher. It's a pushbutton electronic GE Profile dishwasher which I wouldn't buy again because of the pushbuttons, but what the heck, it's 10 years old and that's it's life expectancy.

We have a Mabe free standing range with broiler, also 10 years old. Only problem was replacing two ignitors for the oven in 6 years. Not expensive. It has heavy cast iron grates unlike those piece of sh*t Bosch stoves and other brands.

Our builder put in the following in the 18 homes here: GE Profile refrigerators and GE Profile dishwashers, some have Mabe ranges while others have Mabe wall ovens. Most houses have Whirlpool 25 lb. washers and dryers. No problems. A few houses had Whirlpool stainless refrigerators. My neighbor had so many problems at 5 years old, he gave it to his maid. Another neighbor has Maytag appliances built by Whirlpool. Not the same as the old Maytag.

In the last two houses, instead of installing Mabe ranges which are more money ($ 14,000 pesos) than Bosch, he installed Bosch. When I looked at them I knew they were a total piece of crap.

German made means NOTHING today. Anything German I have owned is a piece of crap, just like some of their cars. The US and the Japs make better cars.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:56 pm

The Japs? Shocked
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:08 pm

The Japs?

What else would you expect from the bigot? If you aren't from the greater Boston area and live in THE Premier Gated Community of Ajijic, then you have to be second class as defined by ethnic slurs!

Regards,
The Chink

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Oh how I miss Archie Bunker............

Regards,

The Meathead
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:55 pm

CanuckBob wrote:Oh how I miss Archie Bunker............

Regards,

The Meathead

You hit the nail on the head. Archie Bunker, they don’t realize what their saying. I can tolerate this kind of ignorance to those that understand what they’re saying and are just being mean and spiteful.

I believe we all need to be aware elderly grew up in a different era. I remember having a licorice based, jelly candy called “Nigger babies”. Luckily, I’ve been working and made aware of new “politically correct” issues, my feeling is that “John” may have not. I don’t feel his miss-appropriate comments are meant to be either mean or spiteful, makes a big difference to me.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:42 am

yuri wrote:
The Japs?

What else would you expect from the bigot? If you aren't from the greater Boston area and live in THE Premier Gated Community of Ajijic, then you have to be second class as defined by ethnic slurs!

Regards,
The Chink

yuri - If you can't post any thing positive to help folks about appliances or helpful LIKE I DID, don't post anything or read my posts. As far as being from THE Premier Gated Community, maybe you're jealous you don't live here. And as far as it being "Premiere", IT IS because it's in the highest demand out of many Communities similar to Las Salvias.

Parker - Thank you. I meant nothing by using the term as I did.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:32 am

Intercasa wrote:Facturas in Mexico are unlike anything most people are familiar with.

In the US, people can use a napkin, register tape or any sort of receipt to deduct expenses on their taxes. In Mexico there is an official "Factura" that is the only valid recipt for tax purposes. It will have the name of the buyer and seller, their addresses as well as the tax ID number of the seller and usually of the buyer (most cases). You'll see the insignia of hacienda (tax agency on it) or if it is an electronic factura you'll see a "sello digital".

( And, very importantly - pay attention to this comment) ...A lost factura is more of a pain in the a$$ than a lost passport so keep your facturas in SAFER places than your passport!

This discussion of facturas reminds me of my experience when having an emergency gall bladder operation and incurring many expenses from physicians, pharmacists and hospitals in San Cristóbal de Las Casas, Chiapas a couple of years ago. No hospitals in isolated and poverty-stricken Chiapas meet the quality standards of my health insurance company so I had to pay the bills directly out-of-pocket and claim for reimbursement later. This I did and everything worked out for the most part but that´s when I discovered that actual, legally correct facturas were hard to come by in Chiapas whether issued by doctors, pharmacists or hospitals. In all cases, at first I received receipts that failed to meet federal tax standards but, when I finally caught on to what was going on, I was able to insist upon "real" facturas but only by diligently insisting that the service or product providing supplier issue facturas meeting governmental standards as, otherwise, my insurance company would not recognize the expense for subsequent reimbursement purposes. Service provider after service provider tried to insist to me that their receipts for services rendered were adequate because they were clearly not planning to report that income to hacienda. In fact, they had a two tiered pricing scheme where they offered me discounts for accepting receipts in lieu of official facturas because - obviously - they had no intention of reporting that income to hacienda. You would not believe the resistence I ran into insisting on facturas meeting governmental standards but, with persistence, I prevailed. I did, of course, have to pay incrementally higher prices for services rendered by insisting on facturas since, because of the factura record, the provider had to pay taxes on the transaction.

Now you know why facturas are critically important in Mexico where damn near everyone, espacially at the margins, is a tax cheat when they can get away with it. This is not a big problem at major hospitals in places such as Guadalajara where physicians and hospitals are dealing diectly with insurance companies but beware in the hick hospitals and physicians boonies.

When my insurance agent told me that I needed to guard the factura on my car purchase with my life, I laughed and responded that in the U.S., if you lose the dealer´s receipt, you simply get a duplicate for the insurance company if your car is stolen. He told me emphatically that, in Mexico I could forget that. When I asked him what the response would be if I had a certified copy of the factura to present to the insurance company, he told me their response would be that I could have simply sold the car and was making a false claim with a duplicate factura.

Whether when dealing with reputable car dealerships or physicians or cheesy regional hospitals, it appears we all pay the cost for the inordinate amount of tax and transaction cheating that seems to be commonplace in Mexico. Enjoy the sunshine. That´s part of the price you pay for it.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by curmudgeon Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:59 am

Our GE Profile stove has been trouble ever since we bought it from Tio Sam 3 years ago. Major problem has been leaking door making it dangerously hot to the touch, and melting the plastic control knobs. The unit was replaced once, but is now out of warranty and continues to be a problem. New sets of knobs are almost impossible to get (standard answer is "they don't make that model anymore" .... it seems in Mexico that also means there are no parts). When we did get them it cost us about $800 pesos. We are now considering junking the whole thing ... but can't figure out what to buy that would be better ....
curmudgeon
curmudgeon

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:19 am

curmudgeon wrote:Our GE Profile stove has been trouble ever since we bought it from Tio Sam 3 years ago. Major problem has been leaking door making it dangerously hot to the touch, and melting the plastic control knobs. The unit was replaced once, but is now out of warranty and continues to be a problem. New sets of knobs are almost impossible to get (standard answer is "they don't make that model anymore" .... it seems in Mexico that also means there are no parts). When we did get them it cost us about $800 pesos. We are now considering junking the whole thing ... but can't figure out what to buy that would be better ....

Maybe it's your model of GE stove. My Physical Therapist bought a GE about 3 years ago and has had no problems. Look up the model on the internet to see if you can get parts in the US. Maybe you could have someone get them for you. Sounds like a new door gasket could cure the problem.

What to buy? Mabe stainless with cast iron (not steel grates) $ 12,000 - $ 14,000 pesos. It may seem expensive but it's not. Look at cost of good stoves in the US.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:49 am

I had a Mabe - best stove I've ever had. Accurate oven, no heat leaking, no problems.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next