INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cinnamon

+10
CheenaGringo
albertrv
espĂ­ritu del lago
Lehrer
Hensley
kipissippi
Mad_Max
Parker
Chapalagringa
Wagner
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cinnamon Empty Re: Cinnamon

Post by Wagner Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:58 pm

Absolutely NOT declining! Two very interesting posts today. Topics of interest to everyone

Where can I buy cinnamon?

Where can I get gas for my weed eater?

And I suppose they make these posts with a straight face. Very Happy

Topic for tomorrow:

I have two hands but I can't find my ass, can anyone help?
Wagner
Wagner

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:14 pm

Wagner wrote:Absolutely NOT declining! Two very interesting posts today. Topics of interest to everyone

Topic for tomorrow:

I can't find my lass, can anyone help?

BAHAHAHA!!!! WOw! Wagner! What a face! lol!
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Wagner wrote:Absolutely NOT declining! Two very interesting posts today. Topics of interest to everyone

Topic for tomorrow:

Now this is funny! Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by Mad_Max Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:46 pm

Topic for tomorrow:

Actually I was looking for ceylon cinnamon - a point you left out for the sake of a joke. The stuff they call cinnamon NOB is usually not cinnamon - and is a herb called cassia - which is much more toxic than cassia.

And yeah, pretty funny that someone doesn't know where to get gas for a weed eater.
Mad_Max
Mad_Max
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Aug 08, 2011 10:49 pm

Mad_Max wrote:

Topic for tomorrow:

Actually I was looking for ceylon cinnamon - a point you left out for the sake of a joke. The stuff they call cinnamon NOB is usually not cinnamon - and is a herb called cassia - which is much more toxic than cassia.

And yeah, pretty funny that someone doesn't know where to get gas for a weed eater.

What about the "ass" issue? Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:06 pm

For some reason I feel like I've logged on to someone else's forum.
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:32 pm

kipissippi wrote:For some reason I feel like I've logged on to someone else's forum.

Aw, come-on, you like a joke as well as the rest of us. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:46 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Chapalagringa on Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Didn't add anything to thread.)
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hensley Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:28 am

I just find it also interesting that there are a few that have to comment on every thread every line said.
Don't you have anything else to do?
Hensley
Hensley
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:24 am

Hensley wrote:I just find it also interesting that there are a few that have to comment on every thread every line said.

Nope. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:50 am

Mad_Max wrote:Actually I was looking for ceylon cinnamon - a point you left out for the sake of a joke. The stuff they call cinnamon NOB is usually not cinnamon - and is a herb called cassia - which is much more toxic than cassia.

Did you mean cassia is much more toxic than ceylon?
😕
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:53 am

Parker wrote:
Hensley wrote:I just find it also interesting that there are a few that have to comment on every thread every line said.

Nope. Very Happy

:) It's called, online social networking. google it. include multi tasking. Type A persona here

Back to cinnamon, this is news to me. Being I'm a health food nut, I don't like being ripped off, especially when it comes to what I'm ingesting for health reasons. I buy canela and was thinking I was getting cinnamon.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:54 am

"Canela, Mexican Cinnamon

Canela is the Spanish word for cinnamon. The cinnamon used in Mexican cooking is the softer loose-bark variety grown in Ceylon rather than the more commonly found hard-stick cinnamon. Canela is easily ground in a molcajete or other mortar and pestle (including your electric coffee/spice grinder)." Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:34 pm

here is my 2 pesos worth:

Taste: Real or True Cinnamon is sweet and delicate where as Cinnamon Cassia is strong to peppery

Color: Real Cinnamon is a tan color, whereas Cinnamon Cassia is a reddish brown to dark brown.

Look: Cinnamon Cassia bark is thicker because its outer layer isn't stripped off. For that reason, Cassia sticks curl inward from both sides
toward the center as they dry. Real Cinnamon sticks curl from one side only and roll up like a newspaper as shown above.

Feel: The surface of Cinnamon Cassia is rough and uneven, whereas Real Ceylon Cinnamon bark is smooth.

Usage: Real Ceylon Cinnamon is perfect in sweet and subtle dishes that require a delicate flavor.

http://www.indusorganics.com/camparison.html...

Real Cinnamon - A symbol of, quality and exquisite taste. That's what you'll experience with your first taste of Indus Organics' premium Gourmet Cinnamon (Cinnamomum Zeylanicum). Go ahead and try it: You can taste our sweet gourmet cinnamon right out of the bag without the spicy or hot taste of ordinary cinnamon Cassia.

Shocked
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:42 pm

side note from same link, I think this was on TOB thread also, incase you missed it and are sensitive:

We don't sell Cassia since we care about your liver. Due to the presence of a moderately toxic component called Coumarin, European health agencies have recently warned against consuming high amounts of cassia. Coumarin is known to cause liver and kidney damage in high concentrations. True Ceylon cinnamon has negligible amounts of coumarin.Federal Institute of Risk Management in Germany advises people to stop using Casssia due to it medical impact on liver. Not All Cinnamon are the Same
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 09, 2011 1:53 pm

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=68

I've boughten the real sticks at both Soriana and Walmart. Canela.
We've got the real thing b-a-b-y! We've got the real thing! cheers
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Cinnamon Empty Cinnamon

Post by espĂ­ritu del lago Tue Aug 09, 2011 2:19 pm

I also notice there was a 3rd kind of cinnamon but that was a different link, further down in page rank..Personally I use both depends on my mood and the flavor I want for what I am cooking.
espĂ­ritu del lago
espĂ­ritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Aug 10, 2011 3:43 pm

CanuckBob wrote:One interesting stat is that TOB has 8692 members with a total of 101,082 posts.

Our board has 521 members with a total of 17,481 posts.

TOB = 11.62 posts per member
Our Board = 33.55 posts per member

We are either a lot chattier or they delete a lot of posts.........

Saying that a forum has over 8000 members sounds great. What a person has to realize it that those numbers go back to the start of time. Send out an email to everyone on the list and see how many bounce. What a person also has to look is the number of active posters. It would be interesting to actually count the number of people who have posted on TOB over the last month.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

http://www.lagunachapala.com

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Doing a Google search for "Chapala Forum" or "Lake Chapala Forum" gives one a measure of activity on various forums. Chapala.com has always shown at the top of page one but this forum shows right behind it. Interestingly, the ME, MY & I forum shows up down on page 4.

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by itsme Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:24 pm

My cousin was suspended from posting on tob last week, this for an innocous statement, made in inocence, which the thin skinned mod took as an attack on the moderators. The arrogant, pompous, power hungry ass thinks it is all about him. HAH

itsme
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Aug 10, 2011 4:49 pm

I have not been banned BUT, and that's a big but. All of my posts have to be moderated/approved and none of them ever make it to the board no matter how incident. It seems that one of the mods does not believe in friendly competition in two areas. The first as we have a slight overlap of business interests and the second as protection for the webboards forum. In your wonderful comment "The arrogant, pompous, power hungry ass thinks it is all about him." (copied it because i love the wording) I don't know which him you are referring to but if I guess correct the him is actually a her. So may i suggest changing the him to the B word.

I also want to mention I kept detailed records of both sides of our PM arguments via print screens, etc. and sent them off to Richard at Chapala Reality and got absolutely no response at all. I'm sitting on 3 acres of lakefront property that one day after the market turns around and quess who I won't be listing with.

Thanks itsme for giving me the chance to rant a bit. it was fun.....
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:10 pm

yuri wrote:Doing a Google search for "Chapala Forum" or "Lake Chapala Forum" gives one a measure of activity on various forums. Chapala.com has always shown at the top of page one but this forum shows right behind it. Interestingly, the ME, MY & I forum shows up down on page 4.

A Google ranking on the top of page one has a bit to do with activity but there are many other aspects as to why you find Chapala.com on the top of the search. The number of years that a site is online is certainly a big factor in the number of times that Google finds it but that is not the only way. A website programer has a lot of tricks that can be employed to get the sites ranking increased. Our new community website is just over 2 months old and is also on the first page of Google when a search for "chapala forum" is done. The forum part of our new site is not very active at this time so forum activity is not really too much of a factor. Yet we had 600,000 hits last month and are well on track to have over 800,000 hits this month. That's a lot of people finding us from a lot of different sources. The reason is good website design of which I take no credit for.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:24 pm

600,000 hits in one month??? Are you giving away gold or something Albert???
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Lehrer Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:30 pm

albertrv wrote:I also want to mention I kept detailed records of both sides of our PM arguments via print screens, etc. and sent them off to Richard at Chapala Reality and got absolutely no response at all.

From personal experience, I can tell you that Richard couldn't care less about the webboard -- at least that's the "official" stance. It works independently from his real estate business, and the moderators have unlimited discretion to do what they want.

The idiot doesn't realize, as suggested in your post, that it is driving business away.

Shocked
Lehrer
Lehrer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by albertrv Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:38 pm

I'm not giving the gold away, I'm Canadian....... There is much more to our site than just a forum drawing people in. Our business directory for example has a huge number of people looking for, lets say, a restaurant in Ajijic and finding it on our site. Then they stay and have a look around maybe even do a crossword or Sudoku. It all adds up.
albertrv
albertrv
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next