INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Random Thread...part 1

+13
ferret
CanuckBob
gringal
espíritu del lago
hockables
Parker
Jim W
lunateak
oncesubtle
hound dog
bobnliz
David
Chapalagringa
17 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Random Thread...part 1 Empty Random Thread...part 1

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Aug 13, 2011 8:29 pm

Since Bob and Dave are so great at interjecting stats in odd places I thought it'd be fun to start a random thread that doesn't have to split off into a separate thread and see where it goes. This post is hysterical:

OK the whole thing started as a thread about TOB Declining which turned into a discussion about Cinnamon then a discussion about Singing at Vicki's Hideaway with a brief discussion about forum stats mixed in which is now turning into another discussion about how I split it all up.......

TOB Declining warped into Cinnamon(which btw, where did that thread go, I learnt something ;) ) turned into
Singing at Vicki's Hideaway(have no idear where that is) to
Stats & splits

Bob has done a smarvelous job running this site. We've seen a few of these boards come and go over the years. According to yesterday's announcement on TOB, suddenly, CB is taking an interest in what is being written over there. It'll be interesting to see where things sit a year from now. Random Thread...part 1 661816 Sleep

When you move down here CBob, what's gonna happen to this board? You probably won't have much time for it....or, maybe you will. Or maybe you've considered passing the reigns to Solovino to see what he can do with it. Dead Horse Random Thread...part 1 868847 Blackeye Smokealot Beer :face: Suspect Sleep
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Random Thread...part 1 Empty Re: Random Thread...part 1

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:40 pm

I don't recall seeing so many yard sales posted in the past. This is the low time around the lake. Are people moving back north, sizing down or what gives? I'm still in shock that Jim W is moving back.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:10 pm

You'll get over the shock.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:50 pm

Random... hmm,
....GIGGLE...
David, you're funneee. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:18 pm

poor Jim :(

Every evening my American Game hen climbs up the fence through the vines and somehow squeezes between razor wire and sleeps there. In the morning, she'll climb out, walk through all the foliage and lay her egg. We added a new pup to our pack back in March, changed the pack diet to raw, and they grew a taste for the real thing baby. They ate 2 of my laying hens & two got away over the fence. I'd see them every morning, on the other side, and then they'd slip into the foliage until night fall. Poor hens wanted to come home but feared for their lives as the dogs would surly gang up on them one by one and eat them. Poor chicken littles. A group of rancheros on their horses even tried to capture one but they always seemed to get away.

About 1 1/2 months ago they disappeared. I feared the worst. Then, one day, to my surprise, one of my hens game to visit me. Tagging along side her was a tiny yellow fuzzy chick. I was so excited! The hen came home to show me what she'd been up to. Which neighbor has a roo, I'm not sure but she was alive, had gone broody and had a baby! I tried to get a picture of them but the camera focused on the wrong object and the birds came out fuzzy. I thought maybe we could put our chicken tractor in the vacant lot next door, that way I could collect their eggs and they'd have a safe place for the baby chick, but unfortunately, the foliage is too dense and w/in a few days the baby was no more to be seen :(

Every morning she's gone before I get up but every evening before sunset, she comes home. I do my chicky chicky song for her through the living room window, she eyes me and settles in for the night at the top of the fence, nuzzled in the razor wire and Thunbergia vines.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:56 pm

[quote="Chapalagringa"]
Every evening my American Game hen climbs up the fence through the vines and somehow squeezes between razor wire and sleeps there. In the morning, she'll climb out, walk through all the foliage and lay her egg. We added a new pup to our pack back in March, changed the pack diet to raw, and they grew a taste for the real thing baby. They ate 2 of my laying hens & two got away over the fence. I'd see them every morning, on the other side, and then they'd slip into the foliage until night fall. Poor hens wanted to come home but feared for their lives as the dogs would surly gang up on them one by one and eat them. Poor chicken littles. A group of rancheros on their horses even tried to capture one but they always seemed to get away.

About 1 1/2 months ago they disappeared. I feared the worst. Then, one day, to my surprise, one of my hens game to visit me. Tagging along side her was a tiny yellow fuzzy chick. I was so excited! The hen came home to show me what she'd been up to. Which neighbor has a roo, I'm not sure but she was alive, had gone broody and had a baby! I tried to get a picture of them but the camera focused on the wrong object and the birds came out fuzzy. I thought maybe we could put our chicken tractor in the vacant lot next door, that way I could collect their eggs and they'd have a safe place for the baby chick, but unfortunately, the foliage is too dense and w/in a few days the baby was no more to be seen :(

Every morning she's gone before I get up but every evening before sunset, she comes home. I do my chicky chicky song for her through the living room window, she eyes me and settles in for the night at the top of the fence, nuzzled in the razor wire and Thunbergia vines.[/quote]

That´s it. Cancel my Shaw Direct subscription to the OASIS HD nature channel. Who needs to pay to watch locusts procreate in Africa and blowfish engaged in sexual activity in the Gulf of Mexico or lions consuming gazelles while warding off hyenas, buzzards and jackals when we have the saga of the game hens and dogs co-existing (more or less with occasional untoward doggy behavior) right here at Lake Chapala for free. Thanks, Chapalagringa.

A couple of Dawg random postings mañana if I´m up to it.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RPkJeziNyI&ob=av2e Dylan rocks Very Happy
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by lunateak Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:47 pm

oncesubtle wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RPkJeziNyI&ob=av2e Dylan rocks Very Happy

Déjà vu all over again! Thanks for sharing.
lunateak
lunateak
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:50 pm

oncesubtle wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RPkJeziNyI&ob=av2e Dylan rocks Very Happy

Thanks to you and to Bob Dylan for making my afternoon OS. Dylan is eight months Dawg´s senior, having turned 70 last May and is still going strong. There is life in the eighth decade. Yahweh willing, I´ll give it a try. Damn, if my mama hadn´t talked me out of it, I could have started about the same time as he playing with Wilbur Walton at the venerable Florabama Lounge on the beach circa 1965, a famous juke joint straddling the Alabama/Florida line and moved on from there to star from L.A. to Paris and beyond. Instead, I became a frigging banker. Thanks mom.

Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Random Thread...part 1 Empty ARE you BEATING me up?

Post by Jim W Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:21 pm

David wrote:You'll get over the shock.

David, are we at war now?
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by David Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:38 pm

Jim, my post was a response to Chapalagringa, not you.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:25 am

David wrote:Jim, my post was a response to Chapalagringa, not you.

This happens all too often and there are two (2) really easy ways to prevent this miss-understanding. 1. State the name of the person you’re talking about or 2. use the “Quote” button in the upper right hand corner of their message. Because we’re not standing “face to face” and reading facial expressions, we need all the help we can get in understanding the others intent. IMHO Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:25 pm

Goood point, Parker. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:48 pm

Parker wrote:
David wrote:Jim, my post was a response to Chapalagringa, not you.

This happens all too often and there are two (2) really easy ways to prevent this miss-understanding. 1. State the name of the person you’re talking about or 2. use the “Quote” button in the upper right hand corner of their message. Because we’re not standing “face to face” and reading facial expressions, we need all the help we can get in understanding the others intent. IMHO Very Happy

I suspect being face to face might even tone down some the namecalling and insults .... people tend to be more civil in close quarters

snork

Last edited by hockables on Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:57 pm

As if one were less of a jerk if he/she can't be seen in the flesh? That's rational. Rolling Eyes Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:08 pm

Certainly chatting in person is more ideal but cyber space has changed how society socializes. On the other hand. Maybe we get to know a persons mind before knowing what they're like in person is a good thing? Or maybe not. You can't get the gist of the whole package that way. I would hope I'd come across more intelligent in person than online. Bawahaha.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:10 pm

Not just the local forums mind you but all of them after a while get really stupid. Most of the time I find they are mainly comedy relief and something to do when boredom strikes ..
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:45 pm

I always liked the idea of judging others by how they think over how they look, but generally you need the whole package to bring it together. Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:39 pm

I remember something Canuckybob said after someone wuz making racial slurs... he described himself as a wheelchair bound black man... that shut em up....

can I get a snork?
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by oncesubtle Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:43 pm

Pffffft, that's good for at least a double snork and a hahahahahah. Sorry I missed that beauty.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:48 pm

As the current Yahoo news keeps pointing out, while showing Sarah Palin's mug: "looks matter".

Let us not kid ourselves on that one.
Suspect

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:56 pm

gringal wrote:As the current Yahoo news keeps pointing out, while showing Sarah Palin's mug: "looks matter".

Let us not kid ourselves on that one.
Suspect

well.... she is better look'n than Hillary.... but Hillary has the brains... hmmmm

take Hillary's brain.... stick it in Sarah.... put her in a negligee, with a pitcher of beer....

Very Happy I'd vote for her
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:02 pm

What a concept!
But I'll betcha that Hillary's brain would get in the way of going for the negligee and pitcher combo.
lol!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:19 pm

now now, off to the octagon to you!!! Talking politics...then again, very random.

I just got a great haircut! Almost had to convince the girl to cut it this way. Actually I did. It's always hilarious that she tries to inform me how to style my very fine hair, using techniques that I've been using since I was 15. I politely grabbed her arm and said, "I've lived with it all my life, I know how how to do my own hair!" with a smile of course. She said so many ladies ask her how. That's great if they're asking but I wasn't.

Hows come guys got off so dang easy? If they're trimmed, cleaned and smell good, they pass the mustard. They generally get better looking with age while us girls go south!!! That ain't right. We're the ones that have to look beautiful.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:06 pm

I don' know 'bout you Hon, but I just get better with age... Random Thread...part 1 169387 Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next