INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll)

+8
CHILLIN
ltollefs
Kiri
doc holiday
HoneyBee
Lady Otter Latté
Rosa Venus
Problem Child
12 posters

Go down

From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll) Empty From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll)

Post by Problem Child Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:31 pm

Just read a story about a young woman who came to Tijuana for a nose job.

Anesthesia was given inproperly and she went into cardiac arrest. Family wanted to move her to a NOB or some "real" hospital. Clinic wouldn't be release papers until Bill paid in full (that's illegal). When the did release her, she was in a persistent vegistative state on life support. Doctors say should she "improve," she will never be able to walk, talk, eat on her own, etc.

I'm always talking about World Class doctors here in Mexico; I'm thinking that maybe that doesn't apply to places that cater to cosmetic medical tourism.

Sad.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll) Empty Re: From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll)

Post by Rosa Venus Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:48 pm

Why do you hate us so much?
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll) Empty Re: From bad, to worsl)e to unbelievable. (Just for information, not a troll)

Post by Lady Otter Latté Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:27 pm

To Rosa: I LOVE YOU!

For PC I have just two words: Joan Rivers
Lady Otter Latté
Lady Otter Latté
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Biting

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:54 am

From memory, Los Angeles De Carmen (spelling) hospital in Guadalajara will not let you leave until your bill is paid or other arrangements have been made to guarantee payment.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:08 am

Spencer, the legal law guru
of Lakeside, wrote a couple of years age, and he was/is right that the hospital can'T stop someone from physically leaving. They don't havo to help you, but can't restrain you from leaving.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Sat Nov 17, 2018 8:50 am

Give us the facts. Who, what, when, where. Too many holes in this story. If someone tells a story like this they must be willing to put forth their name, the name of the hospital, and all the info. This is a hate story by a dissatisfied patient.

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:02 am

doc holiday wrote:Give us the facts.  Who, what, when, where.   Too many holes in this story.  If someone tells a story like this they must be willing to put forth their name, the name of the hospital, and all the info.   This is a hate story by a dissatisfied patient.

Actually in a coma!

“They’ve told us that she suffered severe brain damage so much so that she will never be our Laura again.”
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:10 am

Here is the story, names and all

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:57 am

doc holiday wrote:Give us the facts.  Who, what, when, where.   Too many holes in this story.  If someone tells a story like this they must be willing to put forth their name, the name of the hospital, and all the info.   This is a hate story by a dissatisfied patient.

Ah, doc holiday! His wont is to shoot from the hip, however he seems altogether unaware that he is armed only with blanks.

Over the past 18 months I've had 20 surgeries in 2 different hospitals in Guadalajara due to a road accident. I could bore you for a week with my experiences, and this story is quite consistent with them.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:03 am

ltollefs wrote:[quote="doc holiday

Over the past 18 months I've had 20 surgeries in 2 different hospitals in Guadalajara due to a road accident. I could bore you for a week with my experiences, and this story is quite consistent with them.

I think the diferencie here is the surgery you received was not elective/cosmetic whereas the one in the story was. I personally feel there is a different level of care and maybe quality in the "spas" that do cosmetic surgery rather than others.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:14 am

I can't put this in perspective because there are a LOT of plastic surgeries performed in Mexico because of the lower cost.
The real question is "this unfortunate lady is ONE of HOW MANY"?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:17 am

ferret wrote:I can't put this in perspective because there are a LOT of plastic surgeries performed in Mexico because of the lower cost.
The real question is "this unfortunate lady is ONE of HOW MANY"?

Point well taken. It's like flying. Your odds of being in a plane crash are maybe 1 in more than 1,000,000, but if it happens to you, then the odds for you are 100%

I and my wife have had two very negative experiences Lakeside within the last 12-months. These aren't the norm for sure, but if/when it happens to you, the fact that you are the 1 in 1,000,000 plus is no comfort.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 am

To me, it shows the danger of epidural (spinal) aneasthesia, as Ferret has warned about before. Why were they trying to deaden her lower body, when they are to be operating on her nose? What was her blood platelet count? If it was too low, she could bleed out to her spine and paralize her. I don't think too many world class doctors want to live in Tijuana. The doctors were flown in from Guadalajara and were many hours late.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:25 am

As a Doctor friend once put it "the closer you are to a hospital, the closer you are to death".
Things happen but, I can honestly say, that six serious operations for my hubby in four years went incredibly well. YMMV.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:33 am

The wide spread use of epidurals for child birth, some say so doctor's can meet their tee times, has resulted in the U.S.A. having the highest death rate for mothers giving birth in the world.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maternal_death
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:56 am

Personally, I would not have an epidural for any reason.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:15 am

Women complain years later of back pain from them..

Meanwhile it is a story about some place in Tijuana, thanks to the OP I will never have cosmetic work done in Tijuana.. thank you for the warning..en of subject..

PS
Are we supposed to care what happens in Tijuana when we have our life here???

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Sat Nov 17, 2018 11:29 am

CHILLIN wrote:has resulted in the U.S.A. having the highest death rate for mothers giving birth in the world.

The actual quote from the Wikipedia page is "in the industrialized world". And it says nothing at all about epidurals.

Here, this for you when you have a spare minute.
ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:47 pm

My theory on cosmetic surgery except for deformities is as long as I’m not scaring the horses or making ladies who lunch clutch their pearls and have the vapors when I walk into a room I will spend my money on trips to England.

After all, except for the morning makeup spackling I don’t have to look at myself so I won’t spend thousands or risk my life to look good to other people. YMMV and nothing against those who indulge.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:15 pm

Well your welcome to do anything in public as long as you do not scare the horses Very Happy

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:58 am

I usually only read and not reply but since this is an important issue for readers and some of you don't seem to believe there is actually a problem , here goes.I recently had a near death experience at Angeles del carman hospital that required 6 hours of emergency surgery and six days in supposedly intensive care .When it came time to be released my bill had gone from a reasonable amount, according to the insurance company, other hospitals and several Dr.s, to 2.1 million pesos .My insurance notified the hospital that this was an outrageous amount and would only pay the original and acceptable amount .After sitting for in the lobby for about eight hours in my bed clothes and suffering from drug withdrawal (my drugs had been stopped that morning at 10am after being administered 24/7 for 6days) and I could barely sit up .My wife had been negotiating with the hospital all of this time trying to get them to let us leave but they refused until we paid the balance of the bill , approximately 1.5 million pesos .When we tried to leave they put 3 security guards around me and threatened to call the police if we tried to leave . We were able to call an attorney who was able to finally get us released . I got home to Ajijic about 9pm in terrible shape .The Mexican general law of health states that no hospital or Dr. can detain a patient , their possessions , passport etc . for not being able to pay .They broke the law and it can happen to you.We know of other expats this has happened to .A well known local lawyer has represented some of them and was able to get them released.This was 7 months ago and we are still in the middle of an expensive and lengthy legal battle over the 1.5 million pesos bill.This is not the only hospital that is doing this in Guadalajara as we have discovered in our legal battle.The only thing I did wrong was nearly die and this is the results .I do not need sympathy , we'll get through this somehow .I do need for people to understand and be aware that this is going on .These hospitals must be stopped .This has not changed our feelings about Mexico .We have been here 8 years and they have been the happiest years of our life .This can and does happen in the U.S. and other countries .If anyone wishes to question any of this , I will be glad to see you face to face and give even more and disturbing details.

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:13 pm

AT LAST....YOU ARE MORE FORTHCOMING WITH FACTS THAN LADY GAGA

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:41 pm

You want more doc , Just tell me when and where .This is the tip of the iceberg .I didn't even get into the Dr. that was a part of this .

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:44 pm

What was your insurance?

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Texican13 Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:09 pm

Morgan White and after first not being much help , they have stepped up and are applying pressure on the hospital to settle due to the great work of our agent Roger Anthony

Texican13

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down