INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Posting reviews

5 posters

Go down

Posting reviews Empty Posting reviews

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:20 pm

IMO, probably the best recommendations someone can get if from reviews posted by people who have had direct experiences with the person or business being reviewed. It seems though, and correct me (constructively please) if I'm wrong, but that many people hesitate to post negative reviews.

So let's say for example, you go to a mechanic/doctor/dentist/restaurant/hospital/attorney and you have a VERY negative experience. Do you post it with specific reasons, do you "soft" post it or do you not post it at all?

Some experiences, such as with restaurants, can be based on very subjective factors, others can be very clear cut.

Years ago, I had found and tracked a store that was clearly putting a higher weight on re-packaged products, and I posted it. I got flamed by several people for "complaining" about a few pesos.

Recently I posted a strong negative about a local professional and got called most names in the book. How dare I libel such a fine person? No one would believe that a person they think walks on water, could do anything wrong. Humans can make errors, and sometimes, depending on the situation, intentionally do wrong for various reasons.

So I'm looking for a consensus of opinion (I will ignore Lady ) and her entourage) about making a negative post/review of a respected person/company.

I really do value the input of most people who post here, and I'm not looking to start quarrels or upsets people on this board, or to distract and sow discord by posting inflammatory and digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages (definition of Troll).

Objective comments/thoughts appreciated.

Thanks.

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Posting reviews Empty Re: Posting reviews

Post by SunshineyDay Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:31 pm

Do you use Tripadvisor?

SunshineyDay
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:34 pm

I understand that there can be "consequences" to posting negative reviews of people. IMHO, if you think you can do something beneficial by doing so, go ahead at your own risk. If it's one person who should be warned, wouldn't it be best to write that person a PM?

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Problem Child Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:42 pm

gringal wrote:I understand that there can be "consequences" to posting negative reviews of people.  IMHO, if you think you can do something beneficial by doing so, go ahead at your own risk.  If it's one person who should be warned, wouldn't it be best to write that person a PM?

If someone would ask about a specific person/company, I would probably PM them. But what if something is learned about a specific person/company that would impact anyone using that person/company, should that be posted?

Your words are not lost on me, and of course there can be consequences; there are for most actions in life. Believe it do don't, I have usually tried to post things that will benefit the community of which I am a part.

B

Problem Child
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Thu Jan 31, 2019 6:47 pm

I agree with Gringal. You could state, in a thread, that you are sending the person a pm. and state your negative experience to that person privately. But starting a thread to flame a person or a service that they offer is not good etiquette. I am guilty of it recently but the occurrence happened more than five years ago so I think I'm safe. But, ya never know.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Gamina Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:53 pm

You could post that you are unhappy with a service provided to you and request that people who are interested in your story PM you.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down