INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Disel car?

+9
WillieRae
Kiri
Jreboll
Trailrunner
RVGRINGO
rvanparys
CanuckBob
lakeside7
Canada_Mike
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Disel car? - Page 2 Empty Re: Disel car?

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:13 am

It was when I bought it..There are plenty of good peugeot in Europe but why would you get one in Mexico where you will have few dealers ... then I bet you the parts cost you plenty and then ou will have to wait to get them. I have a Mazda and there is only a dealer in Tuxtla and when a bus ran into me I had to wait a month to get the parts
In France diesel was popular because diesel was cheaper , and the engine lasted longer. Diesel here is more than regular.
At least Nissan is very popular here so that will not be a problem.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:49 pm

In 1980 I bought a golf diesel (rabbit in the US). I believe I bought the very first one in Geneva, Switzerland. It ran on fumes.. about 5 liters/100 km. And yes I would cross over in to France to fill up. Just think about it, almost 40 years later cars can still not get better as far as fuel consumption goes.

Never had a single issue with it. Sadly, in 1990 I fell asleep at the wheel on the freeway exiting Geneva, the car was totaled and so was my pelvic...

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:41 pm

Sorry to hear that, HB. In the 80s, I was in North Carolina, where the locals would not even change a flat tire on those strange diesel cars. Nor did owners know how to operate them well, often burning out the fusible link to the injector pre-heaters. I bought nine Rabbits with that 'mysterious ailment', and nearly got shot driving one out of the seller's driveway, after jumping the link with my special copper wire for that purpose. After that, I used a tow bar. Another, only needed its fuel line blown out, but all were 'almost free' and otherwise in great shape. It was fun, and that engine was a little marvel. I loved those Rabbits & sold them all profitably.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Kiri Sun Feb 10, 2019 4:36 pm

Loved the Diesel Rabbit. My dad had one and it was great, just had to wait for the glow plugs to heat up in the Canadian winter. Unfortunately had an accident with a deer on the 400... Deer killed the Rabbit, may have been the other way round.
Kiri
Kiri
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum