INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

+16
HoneyBee
Chapala Drone
doc holiday
ferret
CHILLIN
RVGRINGO
CanuckBob
JayBear
dixonge
brigitte
Intercasa
slainte39
caligirl108
mexbound
Mrs. Rupert
Cincy
20 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff... Empty Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

Post by Cincy Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:41 pm

First he wanted to clean my car, which was already clean with blacked tires, and then, when I returned from the chili cookoff event, he wanted money for "watching" my car...!!!

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff... 2019-010

As you can see, he was blocking my way and demanding money.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff... Empty Re: Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

Post by Mrs. Rupert Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:59 pm

He has been in Ajijic for years, washing cars, directing traffic and anything else he can think of to make money. VERY persistent!

Mrs. Rupert
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff... Empty Re: Watch out for this guy in the Tobolandia parking lot at the Chili Cookoff...

Post by mexbound Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:43 pm

His name is Tony.

mexbound

Back to top Go down

Post by caligirl108 Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:36 pm

Oh yeah, remind me again why I parked on the carreterra...

caligirl108
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:31 pm

You will find him every Wed. at the tianguis in Ajijic, Carretera and Revolucion, directing traffic.
A real PIA for at least 20 years or so, around here. Been known to key scratch vehicles in order to get "polish work".
I wouldn´t trust him any further than you could throw him.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:05 pm

Saw him today and he said he will watch my truck, spoke to me in English, I spoke to him in Spanish and said thank you and when leaving he was going after another incoming vehicle with foreigners. I wanted to have some fun with him but didn´t.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:19 pm

He was like 10 years old when we arrived in 2001, he lied from the time we knew him , already was a little con artists.. My husband and I went after him after we found out he had been rude to a friend of ours and to this day he does not come near us.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dixonge Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:10 am

Ah, Antonio. Used to see him all the time when we lived on upper Colon. Drinking beer, carrying his beat box. First met him when some friends encountered him near Superlake. First, he does a crappy job washing cars. Second, he becomes obsessive and will follow or track you down to extract money from you. Third, he's very rude.

He is, however, quite persistent at finding ways to insert himself into positions where he can appear to provide some service and extract donations. Blocking traffic on the carratera on market day, parking at superlake or on lower colon on weekends. In the end, you should be nice but firm with him and avoid him at all costs. Everyone else is quite nice in comparison...
dixonge
dixonge

Back to top Go down

Post by Cincy Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:09 am

dixonge wrote:In the end, you should be nice but firm with him and avoid him at all costs. Everyone else is quite nice in comparison...

I agree with you on all counts.  In this encounter I just wagged my finger and said, "No, no" when he approached my wife through her open window.  He gave us a very menacing look which I have never experienced with other locals.  The entire incident was captured on my dash-cam.

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Post by JayBear Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:54 am

He's why some of one of the first things I learned to say in Spanish after arriving here were "No tocar mi coche".

JayBear
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:04 am

No need for that when "fuck off" works just fine with him. Pardon my language. He no longer even approaches me.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:46 am

We also encountered Antonio in 2001, at SuperLake and let him know what would happen to him if he even touched our car. Never a problem in the next decade or more. He has to be 'managed', as he is almost impossible to avoid.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:48 am

The elderly man at Superlake they call "Abuelo" can manage him. I heard him once tell off Antonio and called him a "hijo de puta" - he just shrugged and giggled. I'll bet the story is not far from the truth anyways.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:58 am

I had forgotten about "Abuelo". Yes, he did seem to have some control over 'Tonio' when he was a kid.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Wow. It really doesn't matter what your origins in life are.
I first encountered Antonio in 2011 when we moved to Ajijic from San Pancho. He is rude, pushy and arrogant. Having also told him to F. off at that time, we now have a respectful understanding and he crosses to the opposite side of wherever I am walking. He's a grifter that is best avoided.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by doc holiday Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:50 pm

The best I heard from the little puke many years ago was that his baby had cancer.  I told him in less polite terms that he did not know how to make a baby with a girl.

doc holiday
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : yes

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapala Drone Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:13 pm

doc holiday wrote:The best I heard from the little puke many years ago was that his baby had cancer.  I told him in less polite terms that he did not know how to make a baby with a girl.
You didn't by chance tell him to F off did you? From what you describe, it sounds like you told him much worse.

Chapala Drone
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:50 pm

Yes he will not come near me...Sadly he behaves like the little kid that use to be my neighbor from hell and is only 9 years old. When he was 8, I caught him drinking beer and smoking a cigarette. My former apartment now sits empty, but maybe some day they will move or....Obviously this poor kid has no future and this is thanks to his parents.

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 18, 2019 4:28 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:We also encountered Antonio in 2001, at SuperLake and let him know what would happen to him if he even touched our car. Never a problem in the next decade or more.  He has to be 'managed', as he is almost impossible to avoid.

So what did you tell him that would happen to him that he could comprehend and be so fearful of?   lol!

Just curious B, as i know you don´t resemble Hulk Hogan

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Rosa Venus Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:30 pm

That clown has been a plague since I moved here in 2008 (and long before that I've learned). My one and only encounter with him outside Farmacia Guadalajara when I first arrived was enough. He hasn't approached me since and I don't much resemble Hulk Hogan either. Tone is everything with "Tonio"...... Very Happy
Rosa Venus
Rosa Venus
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : The funny kind

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:13 am

Clue:

What do most young boys fear the most?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:16 am

Catholic priests??

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:21 am

Nope.....

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Canada_Mike Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:03 pm

I actually paid him to wash my car last Saturday at the Fest. Paid him in advance. He didin't do it. He's a total PIA.
Canada_Mike
Canada_Mike
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : New York

http://gilbert.info.yorku.ca/

Back to top Go down

Post by HoneyBee Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:39 pm

Good one Bob

HoneyBee
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next