INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019

3 posters

Go down

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019 Empty Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019

Post by Cincy Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 am

It been a long since I fished the lake!  I still can't get to my regular fishing spot on the lower level of the malecon next to the basketball area because of the flooding so tried off the end of the Ajijic pier.  It was quite cool sitting for 3 hours in the shade!  Also, looking down at my float/bobber in the water is not as good as sitting at the lake shore looking across the water towards Cerro Garcia!

Anyway, the fishing:  Plumbed the depth at the end of the pier, without casting out, at 8 feet and set my float at 9 feet to guarantee my bait was presented on the bottom.  Slow start (7:10 am).  No bites for 25 minutes then caught a small carp - on sweet corn.  As the sun hit the water things picked up and I finished the day (3 hours) with 17 tilapia, 7 carp and 1 "sardindo".  The last carp, in perfect condition, was 15" long and weighed 2.25lbs.  I think the gardener next door is preparing it for comida today.  I returned all the tilapia but 3 or 4 of them were definitely keepers!

Cincy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Monty Python...

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019 Empty Re: Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019

Post by CanuckBob Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:42 am

Thanks Cincy.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019 Empty Re: Fishing Report - Lake Chapala - Feb 19, 2019

Post by oncesubtle Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:31 am

Thanks for all the details Cincy, fishermen types really appreciate that kind of information.
oncesubtle
oncesubtle

Humor : After 2nd cup of coffee

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down