INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What actually happened in Chapala last week

+4
Chapalagringa
M&M
raqueteer
simpsca
8 posters

Go down

What actually happened in Chapala last week Empty What actually happened in Chapala last week

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:02 pm

Finally lakesidecrime.com has an article explaining why there was police activity in Chapala around the same time they did the bust in Roca Azul - link to article: http://lakesidecrime.com/news/chapalapolice_817.php

Seems that on Aug. 17 the Chapala police were headed either away or toward Guadalajara and were shot at. The government sent out police to find the attackers. One taxi which had been reported missing was found in San Juan Cosala (doesn't mention what the relationship was). And then the next day police went to Roca Azul and arrested several people - which you all read about on another thread.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

What actually happened in Chapala last week Empty Re: What actually happened in Chapala last week

Post by raqueteer Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:00 pm

Thanks simpsca, there's a bit more to that story but at least the taxi got mentioned.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

What actually happened in Chapala last week Empty Re: What actually happened in Chapala last week

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:14 pm

And this happened this week in Chapala:

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/news/40-encabezados/8389-arman-a-la-policia-de-chapala

For the first time in the history of Chapala, the Municipal Police is provided with its own weapons for better performance of its elements and thus ensure the safety of the inhabitants of the municipality.

See the article for the photo.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Sat Aug 27, 2011 2:54 pm

Yesterday the Chapala police was also attacked so the saga continues.

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:09 pm

M&M wrote:Yesterday the Chapala police was also attacked so the saga continues.

Did you read that somewhere? Didn't hear about this. I get more Jocotopec news than Chapala unless it's on lakesidecrime.com.

simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:16 pm

simpsca wrote:And this happened this week in Chapala:

http://www.paginaquesiselee.com.mx/index.php/news/40-encabezados/8389-arman-a-la-policia-de-chapala

For the first time in the history of Chapala, the Municipal Police is provided with its own weapons for better performance of its elements and thus ensure the safety of the inhabitants of the municipality.

See the article for the photo.

Ah gee, did you see the comment made by someone called Edgar under the article? Somewhat acidic to say the least.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:11 pm

I read the post by Edgar but didn't really understand the translation. Is he saying that the guy in the photo is one of the bad guys?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:18 pm

simpsca wrote:I read the post by Edgar but didn't really understand the translation. Is he saying that the guy in the photo is one of the bad guys?

No, what Edgar was saying was,what good does this do when they will flee at the time of a confrontation. Furthermore they don't have any training in the use of weapons of that caliber. Beer

This is a mas o menos translation.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:26 pm

Yes, I think he has the right! And what if those guns disappear into the wrong hands?
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:35 pm

The police being attacked and refusing to say anything about it was on the Guadalajara news this morning on Chanel 6.

Neither Lakesidecrime nor the Guadalajara Reporter are places to check what has happened the night before.

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by raqueteer Sat Aug 27, 2011 7:24 pm

M&M wrote:The police being attacked and refusing to say anything about it was on the Guadalajara news this morning on Chanel 6.

Neither Lakesidecrime nor the Guadalajara Reporter are places to check what has happened the night before.

Good points M&M, I'm having trouble finding any reliable source of news. Even narcoblog is silent.

raqueteer
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Aug 27, 2011 8:44 pm

M&M wrote:The police being attacked and refusing to say anything about it was on the Guadalajara news this morning on Chanel 6.

Any written news about last night? Is this what I heard?
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Sat Aug 27, 2011 9:50 pm

I have not read anything in the press and it may be that nothing was written since the police had no comments. It came up on the tape at he bottom of the screen. I doubt we will read about it.
It may be what you heard as they said the police car was shot up.
The drug lab close down should show up somewhere in the news, It too was a the bottom of the screen. Fourty nine drug lab closings in the Itzlahuacan area in 8 months seems like a whole bunch to me and I have not read or heard about that many either so a lot of things are not reported..no news there-.

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:56 pm

The raid on the drug lab in Ixtlahuacán, which was the 49th this year in the entire state, was well reported in the Guadalajara papers but I have not seen any mention anywhere about any attack on the Chapala police since the one on the 17th that the link is about. There may have been some error either in what was screened by the TV station or understood.

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by simpsca Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:22 am

I follow an anonymous guy Twittering about Jocotopec but he is only focused on Joco. Don't have a Chapala Twitter contact.
simpsca
simpsca
Events Reporter
Events Reporter

Back to top Go down

Post by M&M Sun Aug 28, 2011 12:32 am

No error on the police, I saw it twice this morning and so did my huband. No misunderstanding it was in writing and it was very short.

I am relieved to hear that the 49 lab closing was in the state as the ticker tape did not say that and it sounded unreal for that municipality.
Thanks for the correction.

M&M

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Heard today from a co-worker that police were shot at over the weeknd by 7-11 in Chapala, chased the attackers down Degollado but they got away.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Ricardo Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:15 am

The attack on the Chapala police was reported in Sunday's El Occidental. I don't know if I am permitted to translate the entire article, but it says the patrol vehicle was shot at from a black Jetta and hit by at least a couple of bullets while it was occupied by several officers on patrol on Pepe Guízar Street a few minutes after midnight Saturday morning, and the unofficial word is that none of the officers were injured and attempts to find the assailants have been unsuccessful.

http://www.oem.com.mx/eloccidental/notas/n2206859.htm

Ricardo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:07 pm

They never get the times correct. Pretty irrelevant I guess. It was 11:45 p.m. Immediately after hearing it I posted:

http://lakechapalainfo.forumotion.net/t2129-fireworks

I talked to another who lives close by that said there were 6 shots then multiple guns going off. It was intense for 20-30 seconds. Then the sirens went up the carratera to Ixtlahuacan.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by canadiangirl Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Viva La Mexico!!!!!

canadiangirl

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Wed Aug 31, 2011 3:41 pm

Never a dull moment. This is beginning to appear commonplace. L
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down