INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Real Marigold on Tour - Mexico

+12
Lady Otter Latté
gringal
solajijic
Trailrunner
Rosa Venus
Marrell
suegarn
lakeside7
sampati
Cincy
JayBear
toedippers
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The Real Marigold on Tour - Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: The Real Marigold on Tour - Mexico

Post by brigitte Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:16 am

Have you tried fighting this kind of thing? Not many people win because it is easy for those who want to do whatever to pay off someone and the building goes up.. We have plenty of examples
around us to prove it.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

The Real Marigold on Tour - Mexico - Page 2 Empty Re: The Real Marigold on Tour - Mexico

Post by gringal Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:21 am

brigitte wrote:It is across from Mainecoon´s house and it is the house that was built up and blocked his view...not anywhere near you Pete

I hear that it is owned by a successful local real estate agent. IMO, it adds no element of beauty to the neighborhood. Big gray three story block of masonry.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:31 am

brigitte wrote:Have you tried fighting this kind of thing? Not many people win because  it is easy for those who want to do whatever to pay off someone and the building goes up.. We have plenty of examples
around us to prove it.

I have a perfect example right next door. 3 stories, about 10 ft. wide and a basement as well. No permits. Authorities duly notified; nothing done. As the owner mockingly said: "It's who you know". Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Mar 11, 2019 10:40 am

Yes those who have been around a few years have all examples of what a little money will do to the rules of our wonderful municipality.. ie all the federal zone invasion, buildings without permits, 3 , 5 storey and on and on.. pretty sad..from the part of the municipality of seeing what greed , ego and disregard for others will do. and they aspire to the Pueblo Mágico title.. pretty funny

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:49 pm

Well if you don’t try, for sure you’ll get no results. If a view was important to me and it was blocked I’d give it a go and grease some wheels if need be.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:01 pm

Carry Bean wrote:Well if you don’t try, for sure you’ll get no results.  If a view was important to me and it was blocked I’d give it a go and grease some wheels if need be.

Who said no one tried? ...and just how much grease needs to be added to those wheels? If you have some examples of those who have tried, greased wheels and still failed...let's hear about them (no names necessary). I doubt you know just how deep the corruption runs. Sometimes it's downright disheartening.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Mar 11, 2019 6:22 pm

Sometimes. . .? It's extremely disheartening. Seems it used to be milder and more discreet but the last 2 brothers turned it into an art form. We are now living with the consequences.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:14 pm

gringal wrote:
Carry Bean wrote:Well if you don’t try, for sure you’ll get no results.  If a view was important to me and it was blocked I’d give it a go and grease some wheels if need be.

Who said no one tried?  ...and just how much grease needs to be added to those wheels? If you have some examples of those who have tried, greased wheels and still failed...let's hear about them (no names necessary). I doubt you know just how deep the corruption runs.  Sometimes it's downright disheartening.

I wasn’t talking about your situation and I might add that I have lived in WAY more corrupt places than here for 28 years before I moved here. You were dealing with a Mexican. This situation involves a gringo.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:26 pm

and someone who was working for Arrellano and who was connected..It is not a question of Mexican versus gringo it is all about money. When a block factory moved into the neighborhood it was gringos versus mexicans and the mexicans lost. The lawyer used was known for kicking back and I guess he did and did it well because the foreigner won.

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:21 pm

brigitte wrote:and someone who was working for Arrellano and who was connected..It is not a question of Mexican versus gringo it is all about money. When a block factory moved into the neighborhood it was gringos versus mexicans and the mexicans lost.  The lawyer used was known for kicking back and I guess he did and did it well because the foreigner  won.

At times it can be. You proved exactly what I was saying. A crook will often go with the highest bidder and if an even higher bidder comes along the lower bid will lose out.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2