INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pancho's Drive In

+11
RickS
Carry Bean
Wide Sky
SunFan
gringal
RVGRINGO
slainte39
ltollefs
Calexico
CanuckBob
Trailrunner
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pancho's Drive In - Page 2 Empty Re: Pancho's Drive In

Post by CanuckBob Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:59 am

Well didn't it say somewhere in the original report that the woman admitted she was confused. No where did I see that she is claiming mechanical failure.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:57 pm

I already relayed this story to CG.
When I was 28, I hit black ice on the way to work one Sunday. My car was sliding into the oncoming traffic and I yanked the wheel to avoid a head on collision. I hit a parked car, jumped the curb and ended up under a very large pine tree with branches down to the ground.
When an accident is happening, it all feels surreal and time seems to be in slow motion. I was very confused and dazed sitting in the car under that tree. It actually took me days to feel normal again.
Luckily, the driver of the car in the oncoming traffic, stayed to give his statement to the police that I had not done anything wrong and may have prevented other injuries.
In another case, I had to swerve to avoid a school bus (that was charged with failing to yield) and ended up going ass over tea kettle into a deep ditch. The impact popped all four tires off my jeep. Same slow motion disorientation. I was 37.
Confusion comes with the territory of an accident.
I would not wish it on my worst enemy.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:02 pm

She was confused after the fact. There is no reason to assume she is always confused. Let's change the word, for everyone's benefit, to dazed as a result. And leave the lady alone. Put yourself in her shoes, 5 minutes after the incident. No one ever plans to have an accident.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by conejorapido Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:55 pm

Wow, between Itollefs on this board, the conspiracy theorist on TOB who suggests the skid marks may have been added after the fact, and all the speculation on both boards about the driver's state of mind, this has really been an elevating discussion. Sheesh! Seems to me the only person who had anything meaningful to say is CG who actually spoke to the driver.

conejorapido
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:46 pm

When I said that a barrier wall should be installed, I was making no judgment about the reason the accident happened: I was suggesting a way to keeping another from happening. Salvador's did it after two "drive-ins" and if anyone hasn't yet noticed as yet that we do have some iffy drivers around here, they haven't been paying attention.

I wasn't there, so I have made NO assumptions about the current incident. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Trailrunner Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:16 pm

It was an accident. That is why they call them accidents.
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Carry Bean Mon Aug 19, 2019 5:18 pm

I don’t see it as lynching and nobody is saying (that I saw anyway) it was anything but an accident.  This is the only area I have ever lived though where air conditioning is installed free of charge in stores by so many customers.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:03 pm

A closer look at the second picture, and the tire marks, suggest that the car was still driving forward, and the tire was spinning, not skidding, as indicated by the pebble pattern and the swerve, as the car pushed the display cabinet forward to the left with some force, rather than with a single forceful impact.
What do other see in those photos?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 19, 2019 7:45 pm

I have read that sudden unintended acceleration number one cause is pedal misapplication which is driver error.

If the woman had put the vehicle in reverse, the proper gear, and went backwards the same  two car lengths she went forward, she would have been in the middle of the Carretera with traffic moving both ways.  How serious could that have been? I suppose someone will say she could have braked in reverse but not the forward gear. Rolling Eyes
No matter what, her reflex action to action was way to slow to be a safe driver, no matter how much you try to rationalize it
There comes a time when normalcy disappears because of "confusion", that one has to step away from that endeavor. If I ever drive through a store window, my children, or someone, had better grab my keys asap, if I don´t have sense enough to give them up myself.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:30 pm

ltollefs wrote:
CanuckBob wrote:Hopefully the driver needs to submit to a medical exam before driving again.

Driver is 80 years old; she got "confused". What if there had been some children walking by at the time she got "confused". This person should never drive again. Driving is a privilege, not a right. Fuq the exam, shred the license.

Just inquiring as to your FACT that the driver is 80 years old. You know this how?????
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Aug 19, 2019 11:56 pm

There has been a lot of editing done of information supplied by eye witnesses on various venues.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:48 pm

How do you edit a post when it is locked to editing within a short time frame on both forums?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:08 pm

ferret wrote:How do you edit a post when it is locked to editing within a short time frame on both forums?

Not quite so.
Not this board but TOB has no time limit.  I wasn't referring to this board but other internet venues like facebook where there were many opinions about mental condition, age, and so forth  Mostly second hand here say.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sherman Thu Aug 22, 2019 12:12 am

I hope that there is liability or coverage some place to cover Pancho's business .....

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2