INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

CORRUPTION

Go down

CORRUPTION Empty CORRUPTION

Post by gringal on Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:36 am

In case you were wondering if there is any "honest" dietary advice out there, check this one out:

https://www.yahoo.com/news/scientist-discredited-meat-guidelines-didnt-133708562.html

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10927
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Lucky Girl on Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:51 pm

That is why I stay as far away from "experts" as I can, and including the dietary and medical type!

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 199
Join date : 2014-02-11

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by gringal on Sun Oct 06, 2019 1:27 pm

The "People's Pharmacy" is a good source of debunking medical issues where the source has a vested financial interest in the matter.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10927
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by espíritu del lago on Mon Oct 07, 2019 6:12 am

https://www.offthegridnews.com/what-they-dont-want-you-to-know/fake-science-phony-studies-trend/

"
Fake science designed to “go virally big time” is probably fooling you. Moreover, prestigious scientific publications like The Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA) are publishing fake science.

JAMA is retracting six studies published by Cornell University scientist Brian Wansink, for example. Wansink is being accused of “misreporting of research data, problematic statistical techniques, failure to properly document and preserve research results, and inappropriate authorship,” by a faculty panel.

Furthermore, Wansink is retiring as head of Cornell’s Food and Brand Lab. Wansink became a widely-quoted celebrity because of his sensational claims about eating behavior."
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4457
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Zedinmexico on Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:38 am

I wonder when we get a beef study comparing organic beef to the normal feed lot type beef. We know the growth hormones and crap feed lot diet are bad but is clean beef really bad??

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 5290
Join date : 2011-10-28
Location : On the hill in Ajijic
Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Carry Bean on Wed Oct 09, 2019 11:44 am

I’m old. I can’t be bothered to worry about what some researcher who got a grant to write about the evils of (fill in the blank.). Butter was killing us and so were eggs. Eat margarine! Margarine is killing us! Sugar is bad! Artificial sweeteners are better for you. Artificial sweeteners are horrible. Now we’re told to use butter and eggs are good for us. Everything in moderation (except for occasional splurges) is the way I’ll go. The rest is nonsense.

Carry Bean
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2652
Join date : 2010-04-05
Location : Riberas

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by gringal on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:52 pm

I'm sure glad I didn't give up my morning coffee when it was "bad" for you. lol.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 10927
Join date : 2010-04-09
Location : Lake Chapala (from CA)
Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by RVGRINGO on Wed Oct 09, 2019 2:52 pm

I have heard all of the pros and cons of every type of food and drink for a very long time. Some of it seemed to make sense, and some of it was just foolishness. The latter seems to be gaining. Do we have more fools now, or am I missing something. In other matters, I have always made easy decisions, but on food, I have been procrastinating. As of next Friday, if I make it to Friday, I will have been procrastinating for 82 years, and readily admit to eating anything and everything. I hope it isn't too dangerous.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1462
Join date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Jreboll on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:19 pm

The latest is the one about a bunch of doctors asking the FDA to put a warning label on cheese because it causes cancer in women.


Last edited by Jreboll on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misspel)

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 921
Join date : 2014-09-24

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Trailrunner on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:48 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:I have heard all of the pros and cons of every type of food and drink for a very long time.  Some of it seemed to make sense, and some of it was just foolishness.  The latter seems to be gaining. Do we have more fools now, or am I missing something.  In other matters, I have always made easy decisions, but on food, I have been procrastinating. As of next Friday, if I make it to Friday, I will have been procrastinating for 82 years, and readily admit to eating anything and everything.  I hope it isn't too dangerous.

Hahaha this from a man with multiple stents and a history of multiple heart attacks!
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7056
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Jreboll on Wed Oct 09, 2019 4:52 pm

Don’t you just hate these old coots who keep going and going with utter disregard to what’s healthy for them?

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 921
Join date : 2014-09-24

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by RVGRINGO on Wed Oct 09, 2019 6:45 pm

razberry If you loved me, would you call me 'cootie'?

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 1462
Join date : 2011-02-16

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by slainte39 on Wed Oct 09, 2019 8:41 pm

Trailrunner wrote:
RVGRINGO wrote:I have heard all of the pros and cons of every type of food and drink for a very long time.  Some of it seemed to make sense, and some of it was just foolishness.  The latter seems to be gaining. Do we have more fools now, or am I missing something.  In other matters, I have always made easy decisions, but on food, I have been procrastinating. As of next Friday, if I make it to Friday, I will have been procrastinating for 82 years, and readily admit to eating anything and everything.  I hope it isn't too dangerous.

Hahaha this from a man with multiple stents and a history of multiple heart attacks!

He said he ate anything and everything......he should have stuck to the foods that are "bad" for you.  I have and no problems.  lol!
Bacon, french fries, meat and potatoes, fried chicken, fried fish, in fact everything should be fried. Typical Irish diet.
Lots of Coca Cola because that´s our national drink in Mexico. Avoid fruits and vegetables if possible, they are just space fillers.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8209
Join date : 2010-07-22

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Trailrunner on Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:49 am

Jreboll wrote:Don’t you just hate these old coots who keep going and going with utter disregard to what’s healthy for them?

And some people simply never make the connection. . .
Trailrunner
Trailrunner
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 7056
Join date : 2011-04-18

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by espíritu del lago on Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:50 am

Genetics play a significant role, more than people realize.
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 4457
Join date : 2010-04-05
Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

CORRUPTION Empty Re: CORRUPTION

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum