INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FOR FACEBOOK ENTHUSIASTS

+8
CanuckBob
ltollefs
gatosigi
HoneyBee
MexicoPete
Trailrunner
brigitte
gringal
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

FOR FACEBOOK ENTHUSIASTS - Page 2 Empty Re: FOR FACEBOOK ENTHUSIASTS

Post by ltollefs Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:22 am

An interview with Shoshana Zuboff...

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/shoshana-zuboff-q-and-a-the-age-of-surveillance-capital.html

She's has a Ph.D. in social psychology, from Harvard no less. She's been studying social media for over a decade. To whom should one listen? A tenured professor with decades of relevant experience, or a maelstrom of harpies? Wirra, wirra, wirra.

ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Feb 03, 2020 12:43 pm

A very interesting albeit long read. And a lot of "what ifs" in there too. They may perfect the technology but I believe that the human race is not as predictable as she (they) think it is. Whatever. That's the opinion of this harpie any way.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Feb 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Sadly, perhaps, but I think she's right on.

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:03 pm

Lady Otter Latté wrote:You are quite the smart one, aren’t you? None of us are doing anything like you are. We are just knuckle draggers, dead inside. 🤣 We read nothing, know nothing, Never think about any of this stuff or anything at all. We need people like you to tell us all this. SMH

My opinion is…..to be effective, you have to develop, and fine tune the art of communicating, to the broadest audience, and not projecting the maximum of one´s intelligence (IQ), or super vocabulary, which doesn´t bring the results that the artful communicator will. As I have said, Donald Trump has mastered this technique, either accidentally, or by design, and got himself elected president while incapable of being seen as more stupid.

It is easy to get lost in the weeds of one´s own self estimation.
How smart is it when the intelligent one is rolling a heavy stone up the hill and the village idiot is rolling it down the hill…..and getting the better results.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ltollefs Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:19 am

slainte39 wrote:
My opinion is…..to be effective, you have to develop, and fine tune the art of communicating, to the broadest audience, and not projecting the maximum of one´s intelligence (IQ), or super vocabulary, which doesn´t bring the results that the artful communicator will. As I have said, Donald Trump has mastered this technique, either accidentally, or by design, and got himself elected president while incapable of being seen as more stupid.

It is easy to get lost in the weeds of one´s own self estimation.
How smart is it when the intelligent one is rolling a heavy stone up the hill and the village idiot is rolling it down the hill…..and getting the better results.

Judging by the response to a number of my recent posts I'd say my bombast has been effective. ...and who are you to say what results anyone might be trying to elicit? Try speaking directly to me next time; this oblique attack is beneath you.

ltollefs
ltollefs
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:03 pm

ltollefs wrote:

Judging by the response to a number of my recent target posts I'd say my bombast has been effective. ...and who are you to say what results anyone might be trying to elicit? Try speaking directly to me next time; this oblique attack is beneath you.

Who am I ?  I´m sure you have an answer and an opinion that is your own and I have mine. So much for that.
I think you comprehended the target without any problem and received the message OK. Maybe it wasn´t oblique enough. lol!
Beneath me? And who are you say what´s beneath me?  I´ll just write it off as,  we all like to be a little judgmental at times.
Carry on your good work in your own inimitable style and disregard any advice from me, as it was gratis anyway.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2