INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoot-out in Chapala

+10
Chapalagringa
David
Jim W
Solovino
Parker
kipissippi
oncesubtle
CheenaGringo
borderreiver
CanuckBob
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Shoot-out in Chapala - Page 2 Empty Re: Shoot-out in Chapala

Post by Parker Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:12 pm

C-Bobs board, C-Bobs rules and if you disagree then convince him otherwise. If not and you still want to play, play by his rules. Is this all that hard to understand? I like his personal leaning so I’ll play, my choice.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by borderreiver Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:48 am

Selfpolicing Jim W. Wouldn't suggest that. Could be wrong.
borderreiver
borderreiver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : humor is spelt incorrectly

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:50 am

I do see your point Jim. I guess laziness has prevented me from finding news links to previous "rumours" and re-posting those links in the general area however at the end of the day if the general consensus is to just keep all negative reports in the Octagon then that would be fine with me.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:33 am

I like the way Bob is running the board. Rumors fly freely all over the place. The differences are pretty obvious:

"My maid heard from the gardener that they are going to shoot up the Plaza tomorrow night. The gardener heard it from his neighbor." THAT is in the rumor dept. Rolling Eyes

As opposed to: "last night at 2:30 I heard gunshots and sirens in my neighborhood. When I looked out the window, there were armed men and police". THAT is something more like plain reporting, and IMO, should be out there for all to see and comment on. Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:55 am

As opposed to: "last night at 2:30 I heard gunshots and sirens in my neighborhood. When I looked out the window, there were armed men and police". THAT is something more like plain reporting, and IMO, should be out there for all to see and comment on.
Right! And here's pictures of the dead guys in front of my house! That ain't no rumor! How much more evidence do you want? Oh wait, I forgot, we must wait until the GR prints it!

On the other hand, when those dead bodies are narcos...maybe it's a good idear to have the thread where it's more private. The only way to know is if someone eventually has problems. Until then, leave it out in the open with a sign on your head, "standing target." Evil or Very Mad
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:05 am

Nothing is "private" on a web board. Bob doesn't ask for security references when people want to join and become members...........so anyone can be reading the "members only" section.

When you open your mouth in public or on a web board.......it's out there. If that is too scary, then don't do it. If you feel comfortable speaking up, do so. Just be aware of what's what.
Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:16 am

I realize anyone can sign up but what's the purpose of a memeber's only section? Less traffic, right?? A bit more secure. You think narcos want to give out there email address? Have some hacker find them? Maybe
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:34 am

Chapalagringa wrote:I realize anyone can sign up but what's the purpose of a memeber's only section? Less traffic, right?? A bit more secure. You think narcos want to give out there email address? Have some hacker find them? Maybe

Ask Bob what the purpose is.........I think it's so that some of the people can swear at each other with impunity and the casual lurker can't see it them make like mini-gladiators.. Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:45 am

Yes, that was the original intent. The politics and criminal stuff was added afterwards. A good majority of our viewers continue to be guests. Its nice not to scare them off before they get to know us........LOL.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:55 am

There is a simple solution for those who think that a forum should be run and managed a certain way - start your own forum, go through the building process and then put up with managing all the different personalities. I can almost guarantee that most wouldn't have the patience, the energy, or will they be able to stay interested for all that long!

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Walter Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:28 am

Spencer, where is that webcam you been talking about? Would have been well worth the price of admission the last few days!
Walter
Walter
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Intercasa Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:40 am

It wasn't set to record, never had reason to expect, mainly used to see who was at the gate for my secretary but I did get to see quite a show and now know how to record on the fly for the next (hopefully not) time.
Intercasa
Intercasa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Barbed wit

Back to top Go down

Post by Jim W Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:36 pm

CanuckBob wrote:I do see your point Jim. I guess laziness has prevented me from finding news links to previous "rumours" and re-posting those links in the general area however at the end of the day if the general consensus is to just keep all negative reports in the Octagon then that would be fine with me.

Thanks Bob, I just thought the intent of rumors / gang violence etc.....was in the Octagon.....Maybe this version of shooting in Chapala is rated "G"......Octagon with graphic photo's rated "X".....LOL. Dead Horse Dead Horse Beer Beer Beer Beer Personally, as a homeowner @ Lakeside, I would prefer these incidences be restricted to the Octagon...If my interpretation was incorrect.....as per Juanray Kissi...I apologize....as all non members get their info on the web.......at any rate Jim w is a "BAD BIRD"...beat with a feather....LMAO.

BTW.....Thirsty Turtle has leased restaurant @ Hotel Perico.....Hopefully will be in Biz when you arrive....They are jammed on weekends, GDL fills it up.

Jim w Beer Beer Beer

Last edited by Jim W on Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:56 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : additional info)
Jim W
Jim W
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Whenever I need it!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2