INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cautious Online

+11
johninajijic
ferret
locogringo
kipissippi
raqueteer
CanuckBob
Traveller
Solovino
gringal
CheenaGringo
Chapalagringa
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Cautious Online - Page 2 Empty Re: Cautious Online

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:22 pm

Maybe but it is what you can't see before coming through my front door that will really mess you up................LOL.

Cautious Online - Page 2 531444

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Remember "1984"........the book? Guess it just took longer. Suspect

Getting to the "follow the money" on this one: Facebook is "free"? HAH. Nothing is free. What makes money for Facebook and other sites is selling the information collected so that what used to be "people" and are now known as "consumers" can be.........sold something. pirat

Friend of mine joined Facebook to communicate with the grandkid. Next thing he knew, his very estranged ex-wife was up there wanting to "friend" him, plus a few other people he thought he'd left in the dim regions of the past. Served him right.
cheers

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:29 pm

One just needs to become familiar with all the various types of privacy settings that FB has and they can prevent this from happening. Best to set this right when you sign up. I love this technology, IMO the benefits far outweigh the risks......that is if you have nothing to hide. Suspect
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:38 pm

I dunno Bob: that "nothing to hide" line sounds great..........but who wants to run around nekkid, either?
Cautious Online - Page 2 374777

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:46 pm

Well back to my other post about living in the cave, you are being watched anyways so why worry about it.........
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:06 pm

Who's worried? I just don't feel like volunteering for a nook in the hive. I'm cranky.

It's a very comfy cave and has all my toys in it.
mariachi

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:08 pm

Well at least put your clothes back on.............jajajaja.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:31 pm

That's one of the nice things about the cave............don't need no steenkeeng clothes.
Cautious Online - Page 2 501432
!

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:01 pm

I refuse to join ANY of the social networks...including Linkedin which is supposedly for business.

Every time I even get an invitation to join...my spam box is flooded with junk mail. That's just getting the invitation...that I don't even open and delete immediately.

It's almost as bad as telemarketers. It's an intrusive invasion into your private life.

I can moon 'em but I'd rather give 'em the finger.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sun Oct 02, 2011 8:59 am

You can probably do both, along with the Italian elbow whack.

I've had the same experience.........someone I never heard of provides an "invitation" to Linkedin and the SPAM follows like a horde of bobos. Twisted Evil

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:27 pm

Just lots of paranoid, nutty, off the wall old farts living at Lakeside with bars on their windows and doors, dogs, burglar alarms and God knows what else. Living at Lakeside with little to no crime compared to the US and Canada.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:48 pm

[quote="johninajijic"]Just lots of paranoid, nutty, off the wall old farts living at Lakeside with bars on their windows and doors, dogs, burglar alarms and God knows what else. Living at Lakeside with little to no crime compared to the US and Canada.[/quote]

Let´s not get personal, John. Wait until you get to California where you may need to add to that list a 12 gauge shotgun, a 38 police special revolver, three giant neopolitan mastiffs and a moat around your mobile home plus a couple of fragmentation grenades just to feel comfortable turning off your bedside lamp at night. Be sure to fold those plastic lawn chairs, that doughboy wading pool and those Kris Kringle and plastic Jesus lawn ornamental plastic statuettes and take them into the trailer when you go to bed at night or you´ll find them for sale at the local flea market by some hillbilly, desert rat reprobates the next morning. If that happens, don´t worry, you can buy them back for less than you originally paid for them if you bargain well.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by johninajijic Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:20 am

You're too funny!!! Whatever would make you think I would EVER live in a mobile home? NOT. I'm not trailer trash like some of those who moved here from a mobile home.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:29 am

johninajijic wrote:You're too funny!!! Whatever would make you think I would EVER live in a mobile home? NOT. I'm not trailer trash like some of those who moved here from a mobile home.

This is probably just something to stir the pot but it’s just too ugly to ingore.

John I believe you just crossed the line again. Did you not learn that it’s not about where you live, how much money you have; it’s about personal integrity that counts. Are you honest and fair, do you go out of your way to help others less fortunate than yourself? These are admirable traits and worthy of respect.

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:45 am

Parker wrote:
johninajijic wrote:You're too funny!!! Whatever would make you think I would EVER live in a mobile home? NOT. I'm not trailer trash like some of those who moved here from a mobile home.

This is probably just something to stir the pot but it’s just too ugly to ingore.

John I believe you just crossed the line again. Did you not learn that it’s not about where you live, how much money you have; it’s about personal integrity that counts. Are you honest and fair, do you go out of your way to help others less fortunate than yourself? These are admirable traits and worthy of respect.

yeah... but if you don't have none of that stuff, then a big house full of nice shit helps!
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:13 am

John:

Thanks for the response. I thought you were amusing and all of that was intended to be just for fun.

However, it appears that your remark about "trailer trash" brought out a petulant response from someone who apparenty lived, at least at some time in her life, in a mobile home. Which reminds me of a remark made by the famous Louisiana Cajun James Carville years ago which was supposed to be funny that, "You drag a ten dollar bill across a trailer park and there´s no telling what you´ll come up with." Apparently, it also seems that if you drag a sardonic remark across a trailer park that flies above the local heads, there is also no telling what you will come up with. Perhaps a Parker in full blown and self-mocking rejoinder with no idea that, like Yosemite Sam, she´s pointing the shotgun at herself.

Now, look folks, there is nothing wrong with living in a mobile home unless, of course, you live in Dawg´s native Alabama where God likes to smash them to smitherenes with some regularity using his captive tornados with which those God-fearing Alabamians are visited quite often since, as they are fond of saying up there, "The Lord works in mysterious ways." .
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by kipissippi Mon Nov 07, 2011 2:04 pm

cheers cheers cheers lol!
hockables wrote:
Parker wrote:

yeah... but if you don't have none of that stuff, then a big house full of nice shit helps!
kipissippi
kipissippi
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : goofy

Back to top Go down

Post by espíritu del lago Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:44 am

gringal wrote:Who's worried? I just don't feel like volunteering for a nook in the hive. I'm cranky.

It's a very comfy cave and has all my toys in it.
mariachi

ROFLAO..... Shocked coffee all over keyboard!! that was funny.. lol!
espíritu del lago
espíritu del lago
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sarcastic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2