INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Imported Food

+9
WillieRae
slainte39
borderreiver
ComputerGuy
gringal
CanuckBob
brigitte
ferret
Trailrunner
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Imported Food - Page 2 Empty Re: Imported Food

Post by Gamina Fri Apr 10, 2020 8:34 am

CanuckBob wrote:Food supplies and other essential cargo are not stopped at the border so I don't understand why Superlake can't get product unless their broker NOB is shut down due to quarantine.

SL gets more of their imported products from the Abastos in Guad. Check the stick-on labels to see which outfit in the Abastos did the importing.

Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:14 am

I'll keep doing what I'm doing and eating what I eat. I'm perfectly healthy except for an eye problem and being overweight. At 67, all this stuff would have gotten me by now. Although who's to say using a cell phone isn't the thing that caused my cataract?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:39 am

Trailrunner wrote:
slainte39 wrote:
Trailrunner wrote:Far as I know Kraft does have Mexican production. But I don't really know as I never eat processed foods and don't keep up with them. Processed "foods" are toxic.

The only Kraft product I buy is their grated Parmesan cheese, which is very good, Is that considered processed and toxic? Doesn´t seem to  be mixed with anything else.  I know they have a huge line of foods as they part of a huge conglomerate of food producers.
I guess you don´t approve of their pasta products?

Some processed foods are worse than others. Read ingredients.

BTW, Kraft grated Parm in the jar thingy is cut with cellulose particles. You can Google it. I eat vegan Parm, it's quite good.

That´s it, dairy and cellulose which is plant fibre.  I thought people wanted cellulose in their diet for digestion. So you are saying it´s a toxin? How could you get more vegan than cellulose from plants?

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Apr 15, 2020 3:13 pm

When this story first broke, the media declared the cheese was cut with sawdust. Which is a type of cellulose I guess.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 16, 2020 12:56 am

The black bread in Germany used to have sawdust added as cellulose, don´t know if it still does.
Termites loved it!

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Apr 16, 2020 9:05 am

I buy Parmesan that comes from Italy and I grate it when I want it grated, all the other ersatz are crap as far as I am concern including the ones that is real cheese but is tasteless and comes from some other south American country. f you stick to the real thing you get the good stuff.. If they do not import it any longer , I just do not make that dish any more and gofix something else. You can do a lot of stuff without parmesan..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucky Girl Thu Apr 16, 2020 1:33 pm

Sawdust in black bread? Not the normal recipe. But yes, it was used during times of famine, which is why it was called "Hungerbrot", ( hungerbread). I know it was done about 200 years or so ago, but not recently, not even during the tough time right after WW ll, when I do remember my Grandma making fake coffee out of roasted kernels of wheat.

Lucky Girl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:42 pm

"British bakers reintroduce wartime bread". Everybody hated it, but it's back.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/british-bakers-reintroduce-world-war-ii-bread-coronavirus-fight-n1180536
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Thu Apr 16, 2020 2:42 pm

In France we made cofffe with chicory root and to this day I hate the "famous " New Orleans coffee which add chicory ...Reminds me of being a kid and drinking chicory in a tin cup..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Thu Apr 16, 2020 5:53 pm

Lucky Girl wrote:Sawdust in black bread? Not the normal recipe. But yes, it was used during times of famine, which is why it  was called "Hungerbrot", ( hungerbread). I know it was done about 200 years  or so ago, but  not recently, not even during the tough time right after WW ll, when I do remember my Grandma making fake coffee out of roasted kernels of wheat.

I really blew the cover for my lying about my age. lol!

Actually the last time that I know for sure in Germany was for the POW´s during WW2.  My uncle was a POW and worked in the bakery for the bread baked for the prisoners. Towards the end of the war, they even used it for German soldiers.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2