INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insurance/Hospital San Antonio

+2
lakeside7
mwool
6 posters

Go down

insurance/Hospital San Antonio Empty insurance/Hospital San Antonio

Post by mwool Thu Apr 30, 2020 1:55 pm

Now that the hospital has been open awhile, has anyone actually made a claim under US Medicare?
They advertise that they do except Medicare Advantage plans for certain urgent care/emergencies.
Any experiences with this? Please share details. Thank you.
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

insurance/Hospital San Antonio Empty Re: insurance/Hospital San Antonio

Post by lakeside7 Thu Apr 30, 2020 6:56 pm

mwool wrote:Now that the hospital has been open awhile, has anyone actually made a claim under US Medicare?
They advertise that they do except Medicare Advantage plans for certain urgent care/emergencies.
Any experiences with this? Please share details. Thank you.

You are not going to get any free treatment from Medicare, Period

There are different supplementary ins plans that cover treatment outside the US. The devil is in the small print of these policies
For example my plan will only work for being out of the country for 60 days
My wife's plan covers her whilst in Mexico . She has registered with the hospital and has had reason to visit and obtained "free" treatment
Now there maybe exclusion's like not covering elective surgery, so please do not accept this as one size fits all
Talk with the very efficient lady who takes care of this registration and she will get you all the details..... what is or is not covered
We have been favorable impressed with the facilities and services offered

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mwool Thu Apr 30, 2020 7:12 pm

Still looking for first-hand experience with a Medicare Advantage plan.
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSouth Fri May 01, 2020 10:03 pm

Great experience at Hospital San Antonio on March 26-27, after I attempted some fancy gardening and my femur slid out of its socket. Dr. Alfonso Hernandez, Orthopedist Extraordinaire, manipulated the femur back in its socket without surgery—under general anesthesia. Hernandez is a super-nice guy and a truly gifted Bone Guy whom I can highly recommend.

Super-great experience at Hospital San Antonio March 26 after my femur slid out of its socket. The minute Cruz Roja dropped me on the ER gurney, however, the finance hombre pounced: “Do you have insurance, Senora? Or a Medicare Advantage policy?” Having neither, I was immediately asked to pay a $16,000 peso “deposit.” So let me reiterate the initial question: Has anyone tried to use their Medicare Advantage policy at Hospital San Antonio? And how much of your total bill did it cover? (My total bill, including the deposit, came to just a shade over $21,000 pesos. In the US., I would’ve undergone immediate surgery, with a tab of roughly $25,000 - $30,000 USD, only part of which would’ve been covered by Medicare). Best orthopedist ever: Dr. Alfonso Hernandez, who manipulated my

Also looking for the same answer. Excellent experience at HSA March 26 after my femur slid out of its socket, But after Cruz Roja slid me onto the ER gurney, the finance hombre hit me up for a 16,000 peso deposit because I had neither insurance nor a Medicare Advantage plan. So...anyone use their Medicare Advantage plan at HSA? And how much of the bill did it cover?

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSouth Fri May 01, 2020 10:06 pm

Sorry about the redundancies in my post above. Word count display is deceptive. CBob, fix this goddamn thing or no more Cerveza Pacifico for YOU!

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Fri May 01, 2020 11:11 pm

You can easily edit your post and remove redundancies in it. What does it have to do with CBob?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sat May 02, 2020 8:08 am

I can fix a lot of things but not redundancy.......lol.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by lakeside7 Sat May 02, 2020 4:25 pm

LuvSouth wrote:Great experience at Hospital San Antonio on March 26-27, after I attempted some fancy gardening and my femur slid out of its socket.  Dr. Alfonso Hernandez, Orthopedist Extraordinaire, manipulated the femur back in its socket without surgery—under general anesthesia.  Hernandez is a super-nice guy and a truly gifted Bone Guy whom I can highly recommend.

Super-great experience at Hospital San Antonio March 26 after my femur slid out of its socket.  The minute Cruz Roja dropped me on the ER gurney, however, the finance hombre pounced:  “Do you have insurance, Senora?  Or a Medicare Advantage policy?”  Having neither, I was immediately asked to pay a $16,000 peso “deposit.”  So let me reiterate the initial question:  Has anyone tried to use their Medicare Advantage policy at Hospital San Antonio?  And how much of your total bill did it cover?  (My total bill, including the deposit, came to just a shade over $21,000 pesos.  In the US., I would’ve undergone immediate surgery, with a tab of roughly $25,000 - $30,000 USD, only part of which would’ve been covered by Medicare).  Best orthopedist ever:  Dr. Alfonso Hernandez, who manipulated my

Also looking for the same answer.  Excellent experience at HSA March 26 after my femur slid out of its socket,  But after Cruz Roja slid me onto the ER gurney, the finance hombre hit me up for a 16,000 peso deposit because I had neither insurance nor a Medicare Advantage plan.  So...anyone use their Medicare Advantage plan at HSA?  And how much of the bill did it cover?

Sorry that I did not say YES my wife's experience was with a Medicare Advantage Policy...WHY Had you NOT checked BEFOREHAND with the lady handling insurance if your type gave you coverage??? Have you discussed the situation with her since the incident???

lakeside7
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by mwool Sun May 03, 2020 1:38 pm

Also looking for the same answer.  Excellent experience at HSA March 26 after my femur slid out of its socket,  But after Cruz Roja slid me onto the ER gurney, the finance hombre hit me up for a 16,000 peso deposit because I had neither insurance nor a Medicare Advantage plan.  So...anyone use their Medicare Advantage plan at HSA?  And how much of the bill did it cover?[/quote]

Sorry that I did not say YES my wife's experience was with a Medicare Advantage Policy...WHY Had you NOT checked BEFOREHAND  with the lady handling insurance if your type gave you coverage???  Have you discussed the situation with her since the incident???[/quote]

So if your wife did use her Medicare Advantage, how did the coverage go? Did you have a co-pay? What was your cost? How long ago was this?
mwool
mwool

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun May 03, 2020 4:46 pm

Ditto on the questions about a Medicare Advantage policy paying for services in Mexico...  NOT asking for anything too personal but  1) Name of the Insurance Company, 2) Is it an HMO, PPO or ? 3)Under what 'provision' of the Policy was the 'procedure' covered? 4) Is you wife a full time or part time resident of Mexico?

Reason for Questions: To my knowledge no HMO Medicare Advantage policy has coverage for situations 'out of their area' unless an emergency happens 'while out of town/vacation'.... and then it is on a reimbursement basis, not pay-direct upon treatment.  IF this has changed... at least for some Advantage policies... a million folks would like to know.  Thanks.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down