INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Helpful Hint. Fog free eye glasses

+4
CanuckBob
RVGRINGO
CHILLIN
sm1mex
8 posters

Go down

Helpful Hint.  Fog free eye glasses Empty Helpful Hint. Fog free eye glasses

Post by sm1mex Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:03 pm

When wearing a mask eye glasses fog. To prevent this, wash your glasses with liquid dish detergent and rinse with water. Dry and glasses don't fog. I did this today and NO FOG !!

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Helpful Hint.  Fog free eye glasses Empty Re: Helpful Hint. Fog free eye glasses

Post by CHILLIN Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:06 pm

Divers who are wearing masks, often spit in them and then a quick rinse. You could try that too!
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Helpful Hint.  Fog free eye glasses Empty Re: Helpful Hint. Fog free eye glasses

Post by sm1mex Sat Jul 11, 2020 2:19 pm

I think I’ll stick with the liquid soap.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RVGRINGO Sun Jul 12, 2020 10:56 am

If your glasses fog, you are not wearing your mask correctly. It should not allow breath to escape around the edges, or upward toward your eyes.

RVGRINGO
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:10 pm

Good luck with that one.........

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by mattoleriver Sun Jul 12, 2020 12:56 pm

I see masks with something that looks like a one-way valve built into them. Do they prevent fogging? Do they protect others from any virus expelled by the mask wearer?
mattoleriver
mattoleriver
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RickS Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:40 pm

I think it all depends on just how 'good' the valve is. Is it really something that was designed to work with the virus or just something a manufacturer could quickly get their hands on and produce a mask that has had no testing.

I have one.... can't tell you if it passed ANY tests by ANY reputable entity.... and it does NOT prevent fogging. And as far as I can tell I am wearing it 'Correctly'.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:45 pm

Since we live in a sub tropical climate masks are hot, sweaty and uncomfortable. That is why many don't wear their masks or use them improperly. The ones with the exhalation valve are typically advertised as N95. They should be cooler, but they do not stop exhaled virus if you are infected.

IF they are open, there is a store beside Dr. Candy's Dental.office ( run by her husband) at Centro Laguna mall that imports professional healthcare and dental care products, including masks.
If you enjoy working with something that creates dust, whether wood or stone, or chemicals you should invest in Personal Air Supplied Faceshield. It sends cool, clean air over your face, powered by a belt worn battery and filter pack. It also makes it much more comfortable if you have wear Tyvek or Hazmat full coveralls. Lets hope this doesn't get so bad that we have to wear all this gear to go out in public! But if you have a hobby or business which could protect your face and lungs, there you go. Many stone masons and sculptors have terrible face scars from shattering diamond blades and no face shields.
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:58 pm

As mentioned above. A mask that should not let air escape would result in CO2 build up and hypoxia. If air doesn’t escape oxygen doesn’t come in. Not a healthy outcome.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by jgriff Sun Jul 12, 2020 6:28 pm

RVGRINGO wrote:If your glasses fog, you are not wearing your mask correctly. It should not allow breath to escape around the edges, or upward toward your eyes.

That is only with a N95 mask. Most people don't have N95 masks. They have a mask that stops you from spewing your germs. It's not stopping everything from coming to you. At the start at the Covid19 people were asked to not use N95 masks so they could be saved for the medical community. In Canada that's still the case. USA ? hmmmmm Dead Horse
jgriff
jgriff
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by sm1mex Sun Jul 12, 2020 8:36 pm

DONE.

sm1mex
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:36 pm

Being a hypochondriac, I only wear N95 masks and surgical gloves any time I am out in the public and especially when I was in three airports and took two flights on my way to Seattle for a visit.

Now that manufacturing of these masks has gone way up, you can get them easily these days. I got my last shipment via Amazon.com delivered to my Seattle Condo.

Are these masks really N95? Or are they fake. I don't know, but they sure work better than the cheap ones I was forced to buy when this all began
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down