INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A NEW HOLE

5 posters

Go down

A NEW HOLE Empty A NEW HOLE

Post by gringal Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:38 pm

For fans of Hole in One, there was a notice in Superlake today that it will be re-opening on Sept 30th with Chef Eric presiding. Free drinks, snacks and music.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

A NEW HOLE Empty Re: A NEW HOLE

Post by johninajijic Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:58 pm

gringal wrote:For fans of Hole in One, there was a notice in Superlake today that it will be re-opening on Sept 30th with Chef Eric presiding. Free drinks, snacks and music.
Beer

WOW!!! Thanks for the update.
johninajijic
johninajijic
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sometimes

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:17 pm

I'll skip the event, since experience has shown that when the word "free" enters the announcement, crowds magically appear.

I'll wait for the reports. The one dinner I had there before Eric left was disappointing, and the setting has certain .....uh........drawbacks. However, others love it.......so they will be happy to hear it's baaaaaack! Buen Provecho.
Beer

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:01 pm

gringal[b] wrote:I'll skip the event, since experience has shown that when the word "free" enters the announcement, crowds magically appear.[/b]
I'll wait for the reports. The one dinner I had there before Eric left was disappointing, and the setting has certain .....uh........drawbacks. However, others love it.......so they will be happy to hear it's baaaaaack! Buen Provecho.
Beer

I’m with you on this one. The word “freebie” seems to bring out the worst in those otherwise might be sane and I really don’t want to run into any of my in-laws in this kind of environment. Beer Beer Beer

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:23 am

While we didn't try eating there during our visit, we did stop for a drink since we wanted to see what the commotion was about. In my opinion, this is hardly a setting for a "gourmet" type venue! BBQ or steakhouse maybe? After hearing the rants over the view, I found it just OK since one's field of sight includes open lots or some of the less attractive views of some homes:
[img]A NEW HOLE Dscn0710[/img]

As for the decor, they seem to have done about all they could with what they had to work with:
[img]A NEW HOLE Dscn0711[/img]

I had been told that Juan was a real asset but it appears that he has now been lost to another establishment?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by David Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:37 pm

Good food is where you find it. Eric is a very good chef and we enjoy his cooking. Likewise Laurent, his place has more ambiance but he doesn't charge for it.
David
David
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Good

Back to top Go down

Post by CheenaGringo Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:45 pm

David, you are absolutely correct about not being able to eat ambiance. My poorly made point was that I thought that the layout and setting of the Hole in One would be more conducive to a "cookout party" type of operation.

Now that they are going to reopen, maybe an application for a listing on TripAdvisor is in order, so that reviews can be done on this establishment?

CheenaGringo
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down