INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Storm That Swept Mexico

+7
Parker
hockables
hound dog
PoCo2012
gringal
martygraw
bobnliz
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Storm That Swept Mexico Empty The Storm That Swept Mexico

Post by bobnliz Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:49 pm

This is a PBS Special that was shown earlier this week NoB. It is about the Revolution and the Porfiriata (sp?) It's very good... covers a lot of history.
Worth looking for. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : wry ans dry

Back to top Go down

The Storm That Swept Mexico Empty Re: The Storm That Swept Mexico

Post by martygraw Fri Sep 23, 2011 6:18 pm

We watched it on PBS Detroit, it was exellent.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:29 am

Detroit, huh... my, you are a long way north. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:39 am

bobnliz wrote:Detroit, huh... my, you are a long way north. Lizzy

Here's the deal on Detroit PBS: If you get Shaw TV, they give you a choice of several PBS stations. Detroit is the only one that has the "good" programming going on at reasonable viewing hours. At this point, it seems stuck on Permanent Pledge Drive........with a few other things in between. Times are hard at PBS.
That's why Detroit, though. Shocked

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:58 am

GG is right we watched it on Star Choice (Shaw) at home in Jocotepec.
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by PoCo2012 Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:02 am

We recorded this a few months ago. It was on in the middle of the night. We're looking forward to the "Royal Tour" next week also on late. It sure would be nice to see these on earlier so more people would watch and see how beautiful Mexico is rather than all the bad news stories.
PoCo2012
PoCo2012
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Sep 24, 2011 9:26 am

Dawg finds it amusing that Cheesebrains from distant lands inhabiting parts of Mexico watch U.S. PBS to try to understand this country when any acquaintance with local, compromised, news sources, shows the extraordinary effort needed among locals and expats alike to even understand what they don´t understand and will never understand here in the Rabbit Hole. Dawg has learned long ago through experience that what happens in Mexico in unclear to everyone involved but it is as well unclear how the drug trade has corrupted the U.S. and Europe and most of the planet and all involved from farms to the distribution channels to the most dangerous ghettos and gang infested streets and homes of the middle and upper-middle class U.S., European and other societies.

You folks who think you can understand what is going on by watching some adolescent´s "documentary" produced by an idiot are awash in your own naivete. If you want to understand what is destroying the underpinnings of Mexico look no further that the collective Sheriff BillyBobs from Podunk County who feed off of mass human stupidity from Lubbock to Rochester to Seattle.

Otherwise, I have no opinion.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by hockables Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:30 am

but it provides for some nice scenery

I wuz gonna put up some cameras on my outside walls for some Mexican Reality Tv...

then I can sit back and enjoy in my overstuffed Lazy Boy
hockables
hockables
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Sep 24, 2011 11:50 am

Sounds like the "Round Man" has been into the Tequila again. Beer Beer Beer Beer
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:25 pm

martygraw wrote:Sounds like the "Round Man" has been into the Tequila again. Beer Beer Beer Beer

Always infer your own shortcomings on others, Fat Tuesday I´ll bet you have been lusting after Troy Donahue´s penis ever since you found out Tuesday Weld was in love with Maynard Krebs and, lately after The Fat Man, having tried to sit abalance that camel in Egypt with equilibrium compromised by a micro-dick balancing a macro stomach, discovered Troy´s interest would no longer be easily attained. Dawg always liked Troy but found out on Hollywood Blvd. circa 1970 that Troy was spoken for but that´s life. Let´s us move along.
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:37 pm

hound dog wrote:
martygraw wrote:Sounds like the "Round Man" has been into the Tequila again. Beer Beer Beer Beer

Always infer your own shortcomings on others, Fat Tuesday I´ll bet you have been lusting after Troy Donahue´s penis ever since you found out Tuesday Weld was in love with Maynard Krebs and, lately after The Fat Man, having tried to sit abalance that camel in Egypt with equilibrium compromised by a micro-dick balancing a macro stomach, discovered Troy´s interest would no longer be easily attained. Dawg always liked Troy but found out on Hollywood Blvd. circa 1970 that Troy was spoken for but that´s life. Let´s us move along.

flag waver

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : WDWA none

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:39 pm

I never did find Troy appealing... no chutzpah to speak of... mot much matzo there either. Lizzy The Storm That Swept Mexico 169387
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Chapalagringa Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:59 pm

if anyone figures out a way to watch it online, please do share how. I'd really like to watch it and we only have internet.
Chapalagringa
Chapalagringa
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : all natural

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:46 pm

bobnliz wrote:I never did find Troy appealing... no chutzpah to speak of... mot much matzo there either. Lizzy The Storm That Swept Mexico 169387

Dawg kind of liked Troy as well but, while Dawg has been something of a sedate traveler in this realm, I´ve always felt that Troy´s member, dissasociatively speaking, might open Dawg´s eyes as to new frontiers of delight if appropriately inserted in private places but then Dawg has always been too private a person to overly contemplate such an eggregious overlay of sexual happiness so easily achieved. If not Troy, why not Billy Bob Thornton? That f*cker is so handsome when he wants to be.

Smokealot
hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:42 pm

hound dog wrote:

Kinda hit nerve did we Round Man?
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sat Sep 24, 2011 10:22 pm

martygraw wrote:
hound dog wrote:

As much as I really hate to admit it, this does appear to be the truth. :(

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Solovino Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:07 am

Parker wrote:
martygraw wrote:
hound dog wrote:

You quoted 3 different posts. Which one is the truth?

Solovino
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Parker Sun Sep 25, 2011 7:38 am

Solovino wrote:
Parker wrote:
martygraw wrote:
hound dog wrote:

You quoted 3 different posts. Which one is the truth?

Since I was quoting “martygraw” I guess someone would think I was quoting him and they would be correct. You can’t use the “quote” button without getting the entire context. Yes, you can delete whatever part you want, but why? I actually think it’s better, when commenting on what someone else has stated, to try and get the whole message then one doesn’t have to go back through the messages and figure what’s being talked about.

But you do whatever you want however let me give you a little tip, if one reads with a kind heart instead of a mean spirit then the words seem to take on a different meaning. IMHO Think of these people as being your friends and treat them accordingly, can’t hurt, you might even enjoy yourself a little more, who knows? Very Happy

Parker
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by hound dog Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:15 pm

Solovino asks:
"You quoted 3 different posts. Which one is the truth?"

Parker responds:
Since I was quoting “martygraw” I guess someone would think I was quoting him and they would be correct. You can’t use the “quote” button without getting the entire context. Yes, you can delete whatever part you want, but why? I actually think it’s better, when commenting on what someone else has stated, to try and get the whole message then one doesn’t have to go back through the messages and figure what’s being talked about.

But you do whatever you want however let me give you a little tip, if one reads with a kind heart instead of a mean spirit then the words seem to take on a different meaning. IMHO Think of these people as being your friends and treat them accordingly, can’t hurt, you might even enjoy yourself a little more, who knows? "

Dawg is pleased to see the discourse has been elevated here. Thanks, Parker. Since I am leaving for Chiapas for a while, I´ll not be heard from on this forum for a few months but it´s nice to go out on a high note. For those of you interested in Southern Mexico, Dawg will be making some observations about that part of our great nation on occasion on the All Mexico Info Group Oracle Forum (amigo.foroactivo.mx) out of Morelia which has a broader scope of national coverage than Lake Chapala. It´s a fun forum and I´ll be relating my adventures all over Southern Mexico including our motor trip down there starting in mid-October. Please join me there.

That is not to say I won´t be back here to bug Parker and Marty The Fat in due time.

hound dog
hound dog
Bad Dawg
Bad Dawg

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:27 pm

Have a safe journey Mr. Dawg.
CanuckBob
CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by martygraw Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:58 pm

Have a safe trip Round Man
martygraw
martygraw
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:02 pm

Que le vaya bien amigo. Happy trails...y'all come back now ya here?
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:26 am

ferret wrote:Que le vaya bien amigo. Happy trails...y'all come back now ya here?

Not so much "here" as there... until the return to "here", of course, ferret. Very punny. The Storm That Swept Mexico 169387 Lizzy

* Bon voyage, Sr. Perro... andale pues. cheers Lizzy *
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:56 am

I'm starting to get punchy...too much to do and not enough time to do it in...meant to say "hear".
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by bobnliz Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:11 pm

It was a fortuitous error... and waaay funny. Positively esoteric. Lizzy
bobnliz
bobnliz
Share Holder
Share Holder