INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace

2 posters

Go down

for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace Empty for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace

Post by Sherman Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:29 am

The fireplace structure is built. I want either cantera - mantle, hearth, etc. or wood mantle and stone base.

Any suggestions for knowledgable masons or carpenters?
Anyone done this? Experience? Suggestions?

Thanks.

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace Empty Re: for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace

Post by CHILLIN Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 pm

Have you thought converting your fireplace into a small wood burning dutch oven? I have, but not sure if our rental owners would appreciate it. I was going to build a small oven on the Puerto Vallarta deck. Plans changed. It would take someone with skills in high temp mortar and bricks. It will never get as hot as some of the commercial wood ovens around town, but do you really need a pizza in 15 seconds? You can open it to heat a room, close the door at night to keep the sparks out (important if you have heat seeking pets). Can make hearth loaves and overnight roasts and stews. Much more entertaining for guests.
Can send a picture, but this is the one. Cast by the Amish, high quality iron, no bubbles or crustiness.
This is a heavy item, brand new, and here right now - I think $150 is a fair price

https://www.lehmans.com/product/dutch-oven-left-door-for-building-your-own-brick-dutch-oven/
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace Empty Re: for a fireplace / looking for for someone to do custom cantera or custom wood for a fireplace

Post by Sherman Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

nice idea for another situation ... the fireplace is already built with those concrete bricks ... and gas installed for a ventless fire place unit. Just need the decorative stuff .... I think cantera, but could be wood, or could be just plaster and the moldera done with the concrete ..... just need a mason who has some experience.

I have contacted to source cantera the owner of the shop in Ajijic ... I'll follow up with him. He mostly has been a source of materials ... I'm not sure about the skilled labor to install?

thanks ...

Sherman
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Great sense of Humor!! I live here!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down