INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO

+5
brigitte
Jreboll
CanuckBob
Zedinmexico
MichaelB
9 posters

Go down

Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO Empty Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO

Post by MichaelB Mon Jan 18, 2021 4:12 pm

UN Screws us .....https://traficozmg.com/2021/01/pfizer-reducira-al-50-por-ciento-entregas-para-mexico-amlo/

Why does the UN decide who lives and who dies????

MichaelB
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO Empty Re: Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:24 am

Not just us. They are moving the vaccine around in lots of places in the world and yes health officials all over the world control life and death for everybody. Relax and wait I bet for cash we will be able to get the vaccine here soon. For example I bet Guad Pharmacy will have it soon like Walgreens and CVS has it in the US. Relax and wait or go to US if you just can't wait. I don't think airports and planes to a lesser extent are safe but hey go for it.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO Empty Re: Pfizer will reduce deliveries to Mexico by 50 percent: AMLO

Post by CanuckBob Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:45 am

I don't think we will see the vaccine available to us for another 6 to 8 months. The US and Canada will have their populace vaccinated long before Mexico. Hope I'm wrong.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Tue Jan 19, 2021 7:12 am

Mexico probably didn’t come through with the payment.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

addtocart likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jan 19, 2021 11:13 am

canuck bob I am beginning to think you are correct...the company I work for is going to buy and import the vaccine from th US.. I will know in a week or so if it is really possible..We will see what money and influence can do.. It is a large company with money and a private jet and connections so if they cannot do it ,, I think we can expect to wait for quite a while..or get the chinese stuff that shos to be 50% effective.. Good luck to us..

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:56 pm

I pray you guys get it sooner then later. The latest mutations of the virus are scary.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by brigitte Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:52 pm

I hear from my sister in France that the fabric masks do not work with the new strain.. I do not know if that i correct.. It is apparently way more contagious but I have not heard people got sicker..but more contagious means more people get it..and more death coming up--

brigitte
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyD Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:03 pm

The ONLY mask that can protect you is the N95. Of course, there are none to buy as they are reserved for health care workers.

HOWEVER, the KF94 (manufactured in S.Korea) is close to a N95 and it is available online. There are a lot of Chinese, scam, knock offs that are not the same quality of protection. Make sure, before you buy, that they are manufactured in S.Korea. Those are the real deal. I got a box of 50 a month ago and they are very good. I probably have a lifetime supply now, as I can wipe them with disinfectant wipes after each use, and they do not seem to deteriorate.

RoyD
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : I am a funny guy

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:26 pm

brigitte wrote:I hear from my sister in France that the fabric masks do not work with the new strain.. I do not know if that i correct.. It is apparently way more contagious but I have not heard people got sicker..but more contagious means more people get it..and more death coming up--

This is most likely baloney. Covid particles don't get smaller with different strains.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm

RoyD wrote:The ONLY mask that can protect you is the N95. Of course, there are none to buy as they are reserved for health care workers.

This is most definitely baloney. https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-mask/art-20485449
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Ukiyo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by mudgirl Wed Jan 20, 2021 5:27 pm

brigitte wrote:I hear from my sister in France that the fabric masks do not work with the new strain.. I do not know if that i correct..

"Fabric masks" can mean many different things, from a porous, one layer piece of cotton, to 3 layer masks using other types of fabric. So I have no idea myself whether some types of fabric masks would work against any strain but to make a blanket statement about their efficacy , unless you are a scientist who can test a certain type, isn't really possible.
I made masks for myself using tightly woven cotton on the outside, and black-out fabric on the inside. I don't imagine much could penetrate that black-out fabric. Same would go for using water-resistant outdoor fabric.
You can't compare a mask like that to a flimsy porous cotton mask, they are quite different.

mudgirl
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Jan 21, 2021 3:10 am

I understand the covid variants are not more virulent but more transmissible. This could mean that it takes a smaller viral load to cause the disease. Which then requires one to be as isolated as possible.
We just have to be more meticulous in masking ourselves and staying away from others.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Thu Jan 21, 2021 6:52 am

mudgirl wrote:
brigitte wrote:I hear from my sister in France that the fabric masks do not work with the new strain.. I do not know if that i correct..

"Fabric masks" can mean many different things, from a porous, one layer piece of cotton, to 3 layer masks using other types of fabric. So I have no idea myself whether some types of fabric masks would work against any strain but to make a blanket statement about their efficacy , unless you are a scientist who can test a certain type, isn't really possible.
I made masks for myself using tightly woven cotton on the outside, and black-out fabric on the inside. I don't imagine much could penetrate that black-out fabric. Same would go for using water-resistant outdoor fabric.
You can't compare a mask like that to a flimsy porous cotton mask, they are quite different.

According to science based article cloth mask one layer are 50%. Adding layers does help but does not even approach 90%. As masks can vary results can vary.
N95/KN95 are 95%. Good quality surgeons masks are close to 95% for virus but worthless for bacteria for some reason. No one knows what your cloth mask can do. The only way to know is to have it tested. Any mask is better than nothing. I am sure many homemade masks are effective but many are not.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by Plan B Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:36 am

When are two masks better than one for preventing COVID-19?
For the better part of the last year, public health officials have been advising people to wear a mask over their noses and mouths—sometimes to little avail. Now some medical experts are floating the option of adding a second layer to decrease the risk of getting or spreading COVID-19. It isn’t necessary in all scenarios, they say, but it can help protect the health of the general public in higher-risk situations
https://www.popsci.com/story/health/mask-double-covid-19/?utm_source=internal&utm_medium=email&tp=i-1NGB-Et-Sxq-1Eplat-1c-kcO6-1c-1EpQ83-l5bwxuhHoy-1Ghuul&fbclid=IwAR09J-iJOTTHl6FGaviJaStAVpUNB2b3g1a8bsbLFcOwoOGPBZh3Rh_d48Y
Plan B
Plan B
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jreboll Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:50 am

I saw that early on the pandemic when doctors working in icu would have a cheaper mask over their n-95. At the time I thought this was because there was a shortage of n-95s and they could replace the front cheaper masks as they went from room to room but keep the n95 for longer periods.

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down