INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone Home?

3 posters

Go down

Anyone Home? Empty Anyone Home?

Post by MexicoPete Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:55 pm

It is kind of slow on line here today, say I up north in Seattle, waiting for my second Pfizer vaccine shot in 3 weeks before packing up and returning home to Ajijic a week or so after receiving that second shot.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Anyone Home? Empty Re: Anyone Home?

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:42 pm

You could go to TOB and keep occupied getting your fill of stupid, argumentative, and petty posts from a bevy of experts over there.
Or watch the NCAA Men´s basketball tournament.  Your Washington state team, Gonzaga, is looking very good.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by MexicoPete Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:56 pm

Yep, Gonzaga University is a private Catholic university located .in Spokane, Washington, which is in Eastern Washington State near the Idaho border.
MexicoPete
MexicoPete
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:16 pm

MexicoPete wrote:Yep, Gonzaga University is a private Catholic university located .in Spokane, Washington, which is in Eastern Washington State near the Idaho border.

Better yet, it is a Jesuit University, just like Creighton and Loyola Chicago which also made it to the final 16.
ITESO in GDL, where several of my children graduated, is also a Jesuit University.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Wed Mar 24, 2021 6:29 pm

Are the Jesuits the black robes, or is that Franciscan?
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by slainte39 Wed Mar 24, 2021 11:05 pm

If you are talking about the basketball players, they wear the school colors, whatever they are, and they are all basically different.   lol!

Seruiously, the Jesuits.  Used to be black cassocks but nowadays normally just a black shirt, except for Misa.

slainte39
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CHILLIN Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:57 pm

I once helped the Benedictine monks, at the stunning Westminster Abbey in Chilliwack, BC, find someone to help their aging artist, Fr. Dunstan, complete some important frescoes in the Abbey. I volunteered my own assistant. About the same time, a story broke that a collector had purchased handmade models of Michelangelo's greatest works. They were donated to a museum, but were considered too valuable to tour. So they were locked up deep in a vault in central Vancouver. They asked if the Fra would like to see them, my friend could drive him. So off they go to their great adventure. Got to see the Bozettos, then time to leave. Parking is unbelievably expensive in Vancouver. They get to an unattended gaurd gate. It says credit cards only, no cash. Buddy only has cash, he looks to Fra. Dunstan, "He says don't look at me! I am a Benedictine monk, why would I have a credit card?" The only solution is for Fra. Dunston, in his mid eighties, to get out of the car, lift the gate, and squeeze the car through. I am sure the security gaurd reviewing the tape decided that was the day he gave up hope for the human race. They did send money once back at the Abbey
CHILLIN
CHILLIN
Share Holder
Share Holder

rafterbr likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down