INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ilox out since last night—or is it just me?

+6
gringal
dvinton
ComputerGuy
Zedinmexico
CanuckBob
ferret
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Ilox out since last night—or is it just me? Empty Ilox out since last night—or is it just me?

Post by LuvSouth Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:11 am

Damn that red flashing light on my nice white modem! And using the paper clip reset trick gets me nothing. The universe is laughing behind my back...

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Ilox out since last night—or is it just me? Empty Re: Ilox out since last night—or is it just me?

Post by ferret Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:22 am

Is your payment overdue? The red flashing light meant I needed to go in and pay. I had paid for a year in advance when I contracted with them. When I finally got the service nearly two years later, I failed to note the exact date of installation... and they sure don't send out bills. Now I know.
At other times when the service has been out for other reasons, the red light did not flash.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Ilox out since last night—or is it just me? Empty Re: Ilox out since last night—or is it just me?

Post by LuvSouth Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:09 pm

Thanks, Ferret—but monthly payments are made to Ilox with a debit card they’ve got on file.

However, I’ll pay the Ajijic office a courtesy call tomorrow (Monday) and see if my flashing-red-light dilemma is an automatic debit snafu or something a bit more...existential.

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:21 pm

They do screw up. Ask Mike the ComputerGuy. He's paying with a credit card that they have on file. He wasn't any too pleased one month when they ran it through twice.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:37 pm

Mine is working.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Sick and twisted

https://casadecomo.mx

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:52 pm

Is the LOS light blinking red? That means loss of signal to the modem. Could be a cut fiber or power fail to electronics that send signal to you. Seen it both ways.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : Red Dwarf, Marx Brothers, SCTV

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:44 pm

Their LOS light is rarely correct when the connection is down, in my experience. It just keeps flashing green. This is due to some network management system with which I am unfamiliar. They really should change that.

I pay online and actually use a Scotia bank card. Unfortunately, when you pay online, there is no confirmation message or email response, just some unreadable too-fast question that pops up. However, my bank instantly sends me an email when I make a payment. Ferret is right: this past month I received an email saying I had not paid... which was ridiculous, because iLox cuts off your service at midnight, on the dot, of your due date if you miss it. You can at least check your "history" of payments on their Website. I emailed them about the double billling and they corrected it.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:17 am

ComputerGuy wrote:Their LOS light is rarely correct when the connection is down, in my experience. It just keeps flashing green. This is due to some network management system with which I am unfamiliar. They really should change that.

I pay online and actually use a Scotia bank card. Unfortunately, when you pay online, there is no confirmation message or email response, just some unreadable too-fast question that pops up. However, my bank instantly sends me an email when I make a payment. Ferret is right: this past month I received an email saying I had not paid... which was ridiculous, because iLox cuts off your service at midnight, on the dot, of your due date if you miss it. You can at least check your "history" of payments on their Website. I emailed them about the double billling and they corrected it.

So what does a blinking green LOS mean. The two times I have got a blinking red light it was once a tree cutter for CFE cut the main fiber and the next time the office had a power fail. This info was from a couple of ILOX guys. This morning my ILOX looks normal but no internet so I swiched to Totalplay line and that is working fine. I have had eight ILOX failures or slowdown in last four weeks. Mostly slowdown from 300 plus to 20 with a 20 ms access time instead of 2. Interesting is upload speed is always its normal 80 plus. Not sure all this is worth 14500 Pesos a year.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:41 am

Yes, my Ilox is down this morning too. All lights normal. I contacted Ilox and they confirmed a problem in Ajijic centro.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:50 am

MIne was down when I got up. I don't know what the LOS colours mean or do, because they don't conform to any standard I have been able to figure out. For example, mine is just off at the moment, which I forgot is another state of display. It should come on, with whatever colour, when you are down as an individual and/or as a network. I presume NO light means a network issue, because obviously many of us are without service at the moment... but it is not consistent, and tech support has never clarified it for me.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:51 am

My ilox link is not working too. But, the ONT's admin status page says everything is good.

I only knew something was up when the speed test I run every morning was way too slow. My router had failed over to Telmex...

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by gringal Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:54 am

Something to be said for Telmex, eh?  As in s_l_o_w_l_y  bit surely. Rolling Eyes

gringal
Share Holder
Share Holder

Humor : occasionally

dvinton likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:12 am

I've kept Telmex as a backup. For one thing, I value the real landline. (With VOIP on these other devices, no Internet means no phone. I don't use my cell phone for business due to the insanity of people calling at any hour of the day or night they feel like.) But Telmex dropped my speed by 50% some months ago, which makes it almost unuseable, as everything is so slow. Do I now need to add TotalPlay as a second backup and spend even more money on basic communications?
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckBob Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:48 am

Apparently a fire on the caraterra in Ajijic burnt the lines. Ilox is on the scene.

CanuckBob
Share Holder
Share Holder

ComputerGuy, LuvSouth and dvinton like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:39 am

Thanks for the update. iLox suffers from the weirdest accidents.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by dvinton Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:46 am

My router just flipped back to ilox. Fingers crossed...

dvinton
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by LuvSouth Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:35 pm

Great thanks to all Insiders for your info-rich responses to my blinking-red-light query. I’m headed to the Ilox office. Oh—and yes, it’s the LOS light that’s flashing. I just tried an on/off reboot to no effect. At least I have Telmex as a backup. My gratitude to all of you.

LuvSouth

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:52 pm

Yep, problem appears fixed. My LOS light never changed, never came on.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Heem Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:52 pm

I don't understand why folks do not use Wizz as a primary or secondary internet source.
I have had them for two years (Riberas) and have been very pleased. They don't seem to be a lot slower than my fiber-optic NOB.
400 pesos a month for internet and landline with free international calls to Canada and the US.

Heem
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:31 pm

Been there, done that. Never again.
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:44 am

Heem wrote:I don't understand why folks do not use Wizz as a primary or secondary internet source.
I have had them for two years (Riberas) and have been very pleased. They don't seem to be a lot  slower than my fiber-optic NOB.
400 pesos a month for internet and landline with free international calls to Canada and the US.

When you use cable modem you share the recourses depending on number of folks online in your area. Many people report sunday afternoon things can go much slower. Other report no problems at all so the answer is it depends.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ComputerGuy Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:19 am

The cable company, under many names in the last 10 years, has been nothing but grief for so many people here in terms of poor quality, lack of service response, insipid record-keeping, double-charging, slow Internet, signal loss, and reduction of channels, that of the thousands of computer customers I've seen over the last 15 years or so, maybe about 10 actually use them.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by zdogs Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:09 am

Heem wrote:I don't understand why folks do not use Wizz as a primary or secondary internet source.
I have had them for two years (Riberas) and have been very pleased. They don't seem to be a lot  slower than my fiber-optic NOB.

Wizz doesn't go everywhere. And they aren't open to suggestions. When I showed them my location, they just said "not interested" even though we are a block away from houses with their service.

zdogs

Back to top Go down

Post by Zedinmexico Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:14 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:Yep, problem appears fixed. My LOS light never changed, never came on.

Mine didn't either just no internet. Lights were all normal like nothing is wrong.

Zedinmexico
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by ferret Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:33 pm

And mine were also the same so hard to figure out exactly what these modems are telling you. Except for the flashing red LOS which in iLox language on my modem means "you need to pay to continue".
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next