INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

INSIDE LAKESIDE
Log In or Register

Check your spam/junk folder for activation e-mail after you register.
INSIDE LAKESIDE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

McAllen flights

+2
nlu
Jreboll
6 posters

Go down

McAllen flights Empty McAllen flights

Post by Jreboll Fri May 14, 2021 6:43 am

McAllen-Guadalajara flights start June10

Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2171
Join date : 2014-09-24

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by nlu Fri May 14, 2021 7:08 am


nlu
Member
Member

Posts : 39
Join date : 2017-12-21

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by RickS Fri May 14, 2021 9:39 am

`$400 RT with one piece of carry-on luggage;  $200 with just a 'personal item' which means something like a large purse.
RickS
RickS
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 545
Join date : 2012-05-31
Location : Fort Collins Colorado

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 14, 2021 1:52 pm

Tried to search several times on that site for Guad/McAllen and it keeps returning an error message. Either not set up yet (duh) or too many people trying. Firefox and Chrome.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3490
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by Jreboll Fri May 14, 2021 2:03 pm


Jreboll
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 2171
Join date : 2014-09-24

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ferret Fri May 14, 2021 2:08 pm

I used Edge with Windows 10 and had no problem. Direct AND Cheap...but nothing on the same day.

ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8295
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 14, 2021 5:44 pm

Well, that's interesting. Even with Edge, choosing any number of different days, I get an error message. Ah, well.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3490
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by Gamina Fri May 14, 2021 9:57 pm

ComputerGuy wrote:
Tried to search several times on that site for Guad/McAllen and it keeps returning an error message. Either not set up yet (duh) or too many people trying. Firefox and Chrome.

Try putting a day they actually offer the service. The article says T, Th and Sat or Sun.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 986
Join date : 2011-05-05

ferret likes this post

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ComputerGuy Fri May 14, 2021 11:56 pm

What makes you think I didn't? Finally got May 23, returning May 30, for $13,989p. But the dates don't jive with the supposed days. The calendars shows almost zero days available, so I guess they gave me at least one date that doesn't fit. Because that ain't no $400. Or the $200 the article mentions.

Here's what the article actually says.

"The flights from McAllen to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, departing at 10 a.m. and scheduled to arrive by noon.

Returning flights will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, departing Puerto Vallarta at 3 p.m. and expected to arrive in McAllen at 5:15 p.m. Introductory fares will be as low as $99 each way to Guadalajara and $109 each way to Puerto Vallarta."
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3490
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ferret Sat May 15, 2021 6:09 am

These direct flights do not start until June 10th. The flights are cheaper if not on the weekend. And they are cheaper depending on whether you choose the Yellow or Blue or Pink flight. Yellow is one 10 kg. carry on. Blue is one checked 23 kg. bag and Pink is two checked 23 kg bags. There's some other perks too for each colour level as well.
June 10th: YELLOW direct flight 2 1/2 hours leaves GDL 15:45 arrives McAllen 18:15 for 2590 pesos
June 15th: YELLOW direct flight 2 1/2 hours leaves McAllen 10:00 arrives GDL 12:30 for 1359 pesos
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8295
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by Gamina Sat May 15, 2021 9:28 am

ComputerGuy wrote:What makes you think I didn't? Finally got May 23, returning May 30, for $13,989p. But the dates don't jive with the supposed days. The calendars shows almost zero days available, so I guess they gave me at least one date that doesn't fit. Because that ain't no $400. Or the $200 the article mentions.

Here's what the article actually says.

"The flights from McAllen to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, departing at 10 a.m. and scheduled to arrive by noon.

Returning flights will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, departing Puerto Vallarta at 3 p.m. and expected to arrive in McAllen at 5:15 p.m. Introductory fares will be as low as $99 each way to Guadalajara and $109 each way to Puerto Vallarta."

Sorry if you thought I insulted you. I had trouble with the site too. When I put in only the dates specified and didn't let the site choose the return for me, I actually got through.
Gamina
Gamina
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 986
Join date : 2011-05-05

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ComputerGuy Sat May 15, 2021 9:32 am

"These direct flights do not start until June 10th."

Thanks. I didn't see that info. Another result of skimming rather than reading. Too darn much to read these days.
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3490
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ComputerGuy Sat May 15, 2021 9:36 am

Gamina wrote:
ComputerGuy wrote:What makes you think I didn't? Finally got May 23, returning May 30, for $13,989p. But the dates don't jive with the supposed days. The calendars shows almost zero days available, so I guess they gave me at least one date that doesn't fit. Because that ain't no $400. Or the $200 the article mentions.

Here's what the article actually says.

"The flights from McAllen to Guadalajara and Puerto Vallarta will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays, departing at 10 a.m. and scheduled to arrive by noon.

Returning flights will operate on Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Sundays, departing Puerto Vallarta at 3 p.m. and expected to arrive in McAllen at 5:15 p.m. Introductory fares will be as low as $99 each way to Guadalajara and $109 each way to Puerto Vallarta."

Sorry if you thought I insulted you.  I had trouble with the site too.  When I put in only the dates specified and didn't let the site choose the return for me, I actually got through.

Thanks. I lurk on TOB and I guess I am too used to expecting combat mode all the time. I truly have handled this whole thread poorly. (In my feeble defense, I just had a double cataract/triple lens implant operation and I couldn't see anything for a while. My rapidly deteriorating vision the last few months also made it frustrating to read much at all.)
ComputerGuy
ComputerGuy
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 3490
Join date : 2012-04-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by ferret Sat May 15, 2021 10:15 am

I know 'bout the operation and hope all heals well. Just be aware that, now we know you have xray vision, we won't be letting you off the hook so easily in the future. ;)
ferret
ferret
Share Holder
Share Holder

Posts : 8295
Join date : 2010-05-23

Back to top Go down

McAllen flights Empty Re: McAllen flights

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum